• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Relaxing Anime Tunes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tokaji Kyoden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:41 pm Reply with quote
I dont know many people who dont like the soundtrack to Bebop.

I do think that some soundtracks are being overlooked, however, such as Chobits and Fruits Basket.
megami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:28 am Reply with quote
I find the piano version of Weiss Kreuz very relaxing, of course, it's piano. However in their best album, there's this track called "Mellow Candle" that's very soothing that makes me wanna sleep...I agree with .hack//sign, but i can't find a soundtrack... Crying or Very sad
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:53 am Reply with quote
Ow... my eyes... x_x

Anyway, I'd say that getting the .hack soundtracks should be somewhat easy.

You could get imports from Robert's anime corner store, (one of ANN's retailers), and I've also seen domestic releases as well.

From what I can tell here, this site is legit:

http://www.bargainanime.com/cd3016.html and has several for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:44 am Reply with quote
Wow. I got my Escaflowne the Movie Ultimate Edition the other day, and it came with the movie soundtrack. The opening (or is it ending) song Yubiwa is such a pretty song. Sakamoto-sama is the BEST! Very Happy
lonlon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:01 am Reply with quote
the song "Walking through the empty age" by Yoko Ishida,Chris Mosdell and Hajime Mizoguchi, it is a very relaxing and great song! it was played in the last episode of Texhnolyze.. that song is AWE INSPIRING! relaxing and lovely!

Also the Ending song of Getbackers "Ichibyo no Refrain" wow the BEST!
Rozzer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:53 am Reply with quote
It's a tie between the Akira soundtrack and the Ghost in the Shell soundtrack for me, but the Akira has a bit more beats added to some of the tracks. Anyways, they're both great Very Happy
setzer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I was looking back through the posts, and a few people mentioned .hack//SIGN. And after thinking about it, it has a lot of relaxing music.
Lady Sango

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
I took it to art class one day because I thought it was "inspirational to art" and well... the whole class forbade me to ever bring in another cd again.

You wouldn't be alone, if I had brought one of the three cds I have (Cowboy Bebop:Blue, Yuki Kajiura:Fiction, Witch Hunter Robin:Opening&Closing themes) to art class I would have been forbiding to bring in a cd again. My classmates idea of "inspirational art music" is Ozzy Osbourne, Sublime, Mudvayne, Metallica, or Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

To me Yuki Kajiura's music is pretty relaxing.
lewish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:46 am Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Since when it metal usually going to relax people? Smile

It works fine for me=)

.hack/sign OST is pretty relaxing, tough it's depressing too...
Vampire Miyu' and Witch Hunter Robin's OST relaxes me quite nicely, too^^
gunhoe86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:15 am Reply with quote
yoko kanno is the john williams of anime

i agree with virtually everyone, Cowboy Bebop not only has relaxing music, but it has revving up tunes, sad tunes, strange japanese cowboy tunes.........and if you get the soundtrack box set, you can hear the seatbelts live, very cool.

besides bebop, she's done escaflowne, macross plus, i think some of rahxephon, and countless here and there projects.

i highly suggest bebop (goodnight julia, road to the west), escaflowne (romance), chobits, a couple of trigun pieces (sound life), some of big-o, and the score from princess mononoke is spectacular, all of which are very relaxing to me.

and about metal being relaxing, i like to chill to death blooms by mudvayne and the last song on white zombie's astrocreep 2000, they relax me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3