• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Show us your Media Shelves (primarily anime).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larinon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:40 pm Reply with quote
LuckySeven wrote:

Hmm, I hadn't realized that's how the re-release of Excel Saga looked. I'm kind of glad I just bought the singles originally. I've seen those Rayearth collections before and they were very tempting, especially at a very good price.

I've ordered new shelves, so I hope to post new pictures in a couple weeks. I have some serious overflow issues right now. Converting your singles to thin-paks can only take you so far, it turns out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:36 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I really do need a proper shelf for my stuff, I don't have anywhere to put anything else at the moment. The shelf I have the majority of my stuff on is a bookshelf anyways. Plus its right by a window so that's not a good spot I believe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
r3a93r

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quote
this is an update of my anime collection. i have all of lucky star my friend has the last three right now that is the only thing missing.
over all
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/r3a93r_123/DSCF3407.jpg
close ups
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/r3a93r_123/DSCF3408.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/r3a93r_123/DSCF3412.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/r3a93r_123/DSCF3413.jpg

my shelf is really my old water bed.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I took some pictures the other day while in the process of moving. It is very disorganised but it is the closest to a set of photos of my complete anime/manga collection that I've ever had. Unfortunately I still have to stack things two deep so there's more discs hidden at the back of some shelves, and there's some stuff not included because it hadn't turned up, the bulk of my magazines hadn't been transported at that time and the CDs are stored elsewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Funkgun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I took some pictures the other day while in the process of moving. It is very disorganised but it is the closest to a set of photos of my complete anime/manga collection that I've ever had. Unfortunately I still have to stack things two deep so there's more discs hidden at the back of some shelves, and there's some stuff not included because it hadn't turned up, the bulk of my magazines hadn't been transported at that time and the CDs are stored elsewhere.

Nice, hope those are the shelves you have with you too. They look like they hold a lot.

It is crazy huh? once you get most everything out, and really see what you have.
Fun, and maybe a bit disheartening (for how much money is laying there Wink )
But mostly a walk down memory lane.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, and sometimes there's even "Hey I have that?" moments. Wink
larinon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:

Heh, so far I haven't done that with DVDs, only with fansubs a couple of times. Though I do sometimes come to a sudden realization that I have loaned something out when I want to watch it.

Edit: Okay I put together my new shelves this weekend and got everything into more or less correct order again. You can view them at my Flickr page

I ended up with quite a bit of extra room by adding these shelves, so I was able to turn many of my artboxes sideways to display the awesome artwork on them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
archaron

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote
larinon wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

Heh, so far I haven't done that with DVDs, only with fansubs a couple of times. Though I do sometimes come to a sudden realization that I have loaned something out when I want to watch it.

Edit: Okay I put together my new shelves this weekend and got everything into more or less correct order again. You can view them at my Flickr page

I ended up with quite a bit of extra room by adding these shelves, so I was able to turn many of my artboxes sideways to display the awesome artwork on them.

Nice job larinon your shelves turned out nice.
lp_harley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:53 am Reply with quote
hear is the updated pictures of my collection with the finished shelves. death note collection 2, black lagoon 2nd and Hellsing ultimate are in the mail as I type.
Anime Collection 1 Anime Collection 2 Anime Collection 3 Anime Collection 4 Anime Collection 5 Anime Collection 6
Analog_Now

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
lp_harley wrote:
hear is the updated pictures of my collection with the finished shelves. death note collection 2, black lagoon 2nd and Hellsing ultimate are in the mail as I type.
Anime Collection 1 Anime Collection 2 Anime Collection 3 Anime Collection 4 Anime Collection 5 Anime Collection 6

Ip_harley your collection is awsome and also it's really well organized on those beautiful shelves you have are magnificent. Great collection my friend.
lp_harley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Analog_Now wrote:
lp_harley wrote:

Ip_harley your collection is awsome and also it's really well organized on those beautiful shelves you have are magnificent. Great collection my friend.

Thanks, they came a long way from when I first built them.
hear is what they started out like.
animenewsnetwork.com/shelf-life/2008-04-28
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
@lp_harley
Awesome, I feel like you've got everything in my collection (even some of the more obscure stuff like Master Keaton and Key, except without Gurren Lagann unless i missed it) and about 20 times more. I like the shelving too. I noticed a few games, do you have any more pics of games or gaming systems, etc?
lp_harley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:54 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
@lp_harley
Awesome, I feel like you've got everything in my collection (even some of the more obscure stuff like Master Keaton and Key, except without Gurren Lagann unless i missed it) and about 20 times more. I like the shelving too. I noticed a few games, do you have any more pics of games or gaming systems, etc?

the dot hack games are withe the anime collection because they have some episodes with them. I have about 100 ps2 games in a binder and am steal to cheep to buy a ps3 right now most of my disposable cash is going to swapping a ls6 t56 in to my truck. and as for as gurren Lagann I have not got it yet but I will end up getting it.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I thought I'd show you my little shelf in its current state. It's not very large, but circumstances vary from person to person.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Forlorn Hope

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
I thought I'd show you my little shelf in its current state. It's not very large, but circumstances vary from person to person.

Nice shelf you got there! Wallace and Grommit are awesome. Smile

Here's an update on my collection from last year. It hasn't grown that much but I haven't had a steady income since then either.

Overview
First
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 68 of 86