• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Couple Arrested for Swindling Eva Phones off Auction

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darksharingan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I think it's cute how a couple are big fans of anime, not a common thing outside Japan since anime is in the niche market
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Surely at least some blame lies with the courier for not collecting payment also?

Are you saying the courier should have pursued the couple? As in take off his working boots and run after them? Oh, you'll never find such a super-courier. Besides they can't collect the money before they actually hand in the real contents, unless the receiver is kind enough to do so.

darksharingan wrote:
I think it's cute how a couple are big fans of anime, not a common thing outside Japan since anime is in the niche market.

You don't have to be an anime fan to steal something expensive and resell it. So, "anime fans" is just your assumption.
reanimator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Before you roll your eyes over some limited edition cellphone based from Anime, there are products out there that drive people insane. Like People awaited in line to get limited edition basketball sneakers, or people who awaited in line for i-phone. It's all about taking advantage of consumer psychology of owning something special. Anime isn't the only one that uses limited edition promotion.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:17 am Reply with quote
If anyone's dumb enough to think they can get away with this they deserve to get caught.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2