• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S.'s Nicktoons TV Adds Dragon Ball Z Kai in May

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VegettoEX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I totally get that. I just don't think the press release is clear. Is it actually coming to television in addition to or instead of online-only-streaming...?

With all of FUNimation's own online initiatives, it doesn't make sense for it to be wrapped up by someone else for streaming... and yet... it just isn't clear. It makes sense that it would be on TV, but I think that one extra bit of clarification would be good Smile.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quote
[quote="VegettoEX"]Oh, I totally get that. I just don't think the press release is clear. Is it actually coming to television in addition to or instead of online-only-streaming...?

It's coming to television.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Maybe ill watch it but I got the whole DBZ set so I dont see the point of watching it
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Well good to see Funimation was able to get Kai on t.v
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Boy, I'm so glad that another anime ended up on a network that I don't get. Seriously, CN you're so worthless. About the only anime I see on CN is Bakugan at like 5AM and then adult swim whcih seems to be perfectly content airing just one new episode of FMA:B followed by reruns that have been seen 500 times.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote
VegettoEX wrote:
Unless I'm reading something wrong from the formal press release, there is absolutely nothing stated about a traditional television broadcast for Kai in North America. It is specifically listed under the "Nick's digital nets" header, and Kai is furthermore specifically listed for "Nicktoons", one of their online portals for streaming.

Nicktoons is a cable channel. Do your research.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Boy, I'm so glad that another anime ended up on a network that I don't get. Seriously, CN you're so worthless. About the only anime I see on CN is Bakugan at like 5AM and then adult swim whcih seems to be perfectly content airing just one new episode of FMA:B followed by reruns that have been seen 500 times.

They also air new pokemon on saturdays.
VegettoEX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:31 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
Nicktoons is a cable channel. Do your research.

I'm aware of that. It's also an online portal with plenty of streaming material. As I noted, it wouldn't make much sense for steaming of the series to be exclusively wrapped up by someone other than FUNimation, themselves... I simply didn't feel the wording in the press release was 100% "Ooooh, OK, I get it."

I'm with ya'. Trust me. A TV broadcast makes the most sense, and it's what I expect. It's where the darn series always should be for its best exposure.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Wow, didn't see that coming. I wish FUNi made this kind of initiative with all their titles. Good exposure.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 pm Reply with quote
FMAvatard wrote:
*worries for the theme songs*

Don't waste your time worrying. There's virtually no chance they won't be changed / removed.
echen89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they will pick up one piece now. Whatever happened to cartoon network. It turned into shizzle. They dont show anime until adult swim.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quote
This is a sign that Cartoon Network no longer cares about the anime fans.
ohstalon06

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
This is a sign that Cartoon Network no longer cares about the anime fans.

Welcome to 2008.

Seriously though, I like this move. I wouldn't be worried about anything to be edited TOO heavily on Nicktoons given the content of shows like Avatar, Wolverine and the X-Men, Invader Zim and such. Maybe this can open the doors to other shows to go on that network. Sgt. Frog I think is a show that would fit right in with the rest of their content. And One Piece would be great to put in there, put a whole hour of One Piece on along with some marathons, you'll never run out of episodes to air.

CN, you see what happens when you change your vision? Nickelodeon and Disney are starting to make the decisions that you guys used to make and we loved you guys for...not so much anymore.
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quote
echen89 wrote:
I wonder if they will pick up one piece now.

I was coming in to post the same thing. I know a couple years ago, rumors were flying around that One Piece would start fresh on Nick/Nicktoons. I'm crossing my fingers that it might happen now.
J. Kudo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote
How cute! Nicktoons no longer wanted to be left in the dust of Disney's acquisition of Shippuden. Laughing

They had to get a popular shonen title of their own. Wink

Will dumbass CN follow suit? Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7