• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game Round 3~!

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote
murph76 is currently leading with 16(+8) points, followed by Key with 13(+4). Furudanuki(+3) and the Rancorous(+4) are currently sharing the third place, both with 12 points, followed by The King of Harts(+2) with 10 points. In sixth, there's Justin Bailey(+7) with 9 points. Sharing the seventh place, we have classicalzawa(+4) and Dorcas_Aurelia(+0), both with 8 points. And finally, the ones afraid of the double digit; dtm42(+2), egoist(+2), and Labbes(+2) sharing the 9th place with 6 points each.

TatsuGero23(+5) has scored 5 points so far.

The following players scored 4 points: 12skippy21, Aylinn, DerekTheRed, and Generic #757858.

The following players scored 3 points: abunai, Nomeru, rainbowcourage, and Showsni.

The following players scored 2 points: larinon, Mad_Scientist, Mushi-Man, and The Dreaming Void.

The following players scored 1 point: anthell, arachneia, frentymon, hakojo, JesuOtaku, Kimiko_0, ManOfRust, Player No. 3, Pleinair, sogekihei-neko, Symmetrical_Magician, The Naked Beast, Tuor_of_Gondolin, and Zalis116.

A total of 59 points were obtained this month. 36 in February, 45 in January, and 21 in December.

Althought I'm not so sure that I didn't make any mistakes, feel free to contact me if you suspect any. If there's any, sorry in advance, as I'm quite tired this week.

I've noticed that there was a minigame guess that sounded correct, but it doesn't count unless there's a confirmation. Minigame confirmations can be given even if there's a maingame going on, unlike guesses, which are deemed invalid in case a maingame took over.

Also, the quote to be guessed must be in word form. Sound should only be used in extreme cases, and players should first consult Key, abunai, or egoist; otherwise this will turn into a mess.

If we're close to the 100th page by the end of April, the results won't be posted until page 100 is reached.

If these updates are annoying, please do send me a PM; as I'm not doing this to piss others off.
murph76

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:37 pm Reply with quote
This quote should be more a question of who can get in first rather than how long it will last.

From the dub:
"Thanks to modern science, I have been reborn! Gaze upon the awesome might and spellbinding fury of Blacksmith Tony's mechanical body! Screaming [character name] light beam! [Name] machine gun! [Name] steel metal alloy feet! And last, but not least, [name] finger water squirter of doom!"
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:52 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[The series: Dragon Half
Who said it: Damaramu
To whom: Mink
Context: Said at the beginning of their match in The Brutal Killer Martial Arts Tournament.]
murph76

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
That's it. Funny, funny couple of episodes.
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:52 pm Reply with quote
One super-easy quote coming up!

Sub: "Let's cook together, let's cook together. Now, now, let's see what we've made. There, it's done!"
Dub: "Cooking is so fun, cooking is so fun. Now it's time to take a break and see what we have done. Yay! It's ready!"

"Tsukurimashou, tsukurimashou, sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na. Hai, dekimashita!"
「つくりましょう、つくりましょう、さてさて何ができるかな。はい、できました!」
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Chiyo-chan in Azumangah Daioh, says it at random during the show at random breaks in time and such]
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
spoiler[Chiyo-chan in Azumangah Daioh, says it at random during the show at random breaks in time and such]

It's from the cooking class segment right after she is introduced in episode 1. Your turn!
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:04 pm Reply with quote
A: Dreams do come true. I always dreamed of being the mother of a little girl. A nice, warm house, a pretty daughter. Even if my husband was no good... I would accept dire poverty as long as I had my child.
B: Feed the poor kid!

from subs btw
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote
Really? No guesses?
Hint 1:spoiler[The director of this movie has another movie due out this year.]
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Random guess here: spoiler[Tokyo Godfathers] is the anime, and Character A is spoiler[Hana]. Character B would probably be spoiler[Gin]. They are of course talking spoiler[about the baby they found in a dumpster].
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Random guess here: spoiler[Tokyo Godfathers] is the anime, and Character A is spoiler[Hana]. Character B would probably be spoiler[Gin]. They are of course talking spoiler[about the baby they found in a dumpster].

Yeah, pretty much, great holiday movie too.
Your turn!
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quote
This one should be very easy. From the dub:

Character A: "You're a freak! Homicidal lunatics think you're a nutcase!"

Character B: "Your attempt at flattery is so ham-handed..."
Justin Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:08 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Ladd Russo from Baccano, speaking to Placido Russo]?
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Justin Bailey wrote:
spoiler[Ladd Russo from Baccano, speaking to Placido Russo]?

Yep.
Justin Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Sub:
"Don't act like it all makes sense now! That makes it sound like I get an allowance from this guy!"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 67 of 100