• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-10-13

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quote
What's funny about this comic is just how scary it is that I can see something like this being a reality (or maybe it already is).

So many cliche lines like "*blank*-chan, I don't think you know what that means!"

(You forgot the moe-refrigerator. It's also a tsundere)
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quote
It's not only a Japanese problem. The freaks at Disney have movies about half-fish girls and frog men!

Pistachio ice cream.... Razz Laughing

The next reverse harem version will probably involve a lot of pretty-boy cars representing their country of origin! (The Toyota's a nutcase; Mercedes is all-so-efficient; the Ford is fat and lazy. Anybody? )
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:17 am Reply with quote
Chrysler is a bum. I'd think that Toyota would be a hard-working average Joe.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:57 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
There are more titles that are related to computers, but some of them well how to say this, aren't exactly as clean as Chobits.

Actually, the first show that popped in my head was Buttobi CPU because that's certainly much, much more in line with where this thread is going, but I think only me and 5 other people would've got that reference without looking it up.

I haven't seen Buttobi CPU, but I'm aware of it's existence, and have been for quite a while seeing as it's one of the few hentai that ANN have reviewed.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:36 am Reply with quote
PBsallad wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

However, there was a manga that was based off Window's and Window's XP. At first, it looked normal, but I am not sure after the first chapter.

I think you might be thinking of OS-tan.

Correct. It's been about a year or so since I read that manga last, but your completely right.
animefan1238

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Hahaha Nina's A.D.D kicked in at the end there. Great comic!
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:

That would work. The Rolls Royce speaks for itself, old fogey and snobby. The Periot (I think I got that right-the French compact?) Would be ignored by everyone, and the Jaguar would be wild and reckless...

I should really write an anime studio with this idea: (The movie "Cars" with bishounen=instant hit for Fujoshi!) Smile
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I should really write an anime studio with this idea: (The movie "Cars" with bishounen=instant hit for Fujoshi!) Smile

Considering that Japan is already anthropomorphizing Japan's rail lines, yeah, I'd say you have a shot. Razz And it's Peugeot.

Last edited by Big Hed on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:45 pm Reply with quote
UtenaAnthy wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
There are more titles that are related to computers, but some of them well how to say this, aren't exactly as clean as Chobits.

Actually, the first show that popped in my head was Buttobi CPU because that's certainly much, much more in line with where this thread is going, but I think only me and 5 other people would've got that reference without looking it up.

I haven't seen Buttobi CPU, but I'm aware of it's existence, and have been for quite a while seeing as it's one of the few hentai that ANN have reviewed.

It's not hentai Crying or Very sad

Alright, I know it's labeled as Hentai and also know Rightstuf released it under their Critical Mass label, but it's not hentai. There's a lot of sex, but you don't ever see anything other than some boobs here and there, and the sex scenes themselves aren't filled with tons of fake orgasms. It's about as hentai as Futari-H (Step Up Love Story), in that it's close, but not quite there. As a sidenote, Futari-H isn't labled as Hentai and Media Blasters released it under normal circumstances (ie not Kitty Media).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
To all like-minded lads out there, gather around and lemme tell you about some fundamental differences between a man and a woman. Now, given the nature of this site I can't go into much detail, but I can tell you this: If a "woman" has nuts, then there's clearly something wrong.
I dunno, Pistachio trees are plants, not mammals, and its quite definitely on the female pistachio tree that ever has any nuts.

Shenl742 wrote:
... Edit: Oh yeah, and you know that Nina is totally thinking about a three-way in that last panel . Very subtle Laughing
As long as its a Yuri three-way, I'm sure it will be very sweet {play the classical music}
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:48 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
The Periot (I think I got that right-the French compact?)

Peugeot, Citroën, or Renault?
Tamaria

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:24 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Big Hed wrote:

That would work. The Rolls Royce speaks for itself, old fogey and snobby. The Periot (I think I got that right-the French compact?) Would be ignored by everyone, and the Jaguar would be wild and reckless...

Volkswagen is super cute and wants to be liked by everyone, but the others are wary of his heritage.

Spyker is kind of obnoxious and crazy, but he means well. He has a huge debt and is sometimes accused of identity theft. He's the big brother of the more dependable Saab.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:50 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
That would work. The Rolls Royce speaks for itself, old fogey and snobby.

Except he has a cousin, also called Rolls-Royce, who is a brilliant and hard-working young man in the aircraft industry. Back in the Second World War it was he who helped a epically out-gunned Britain avoid destruction by using his supreme invention, the Merlin aircraft engine.

Oh god, this is sounding more and more like Hetalia: Axis Powers.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:02 am Reply with quote
But with cars! Plus, men will appreciate it as well, because it teaches their girlfriends/wives how to tell cars apart. Sure, they'll refer to a beetle as 'that cute shota character who should totally get together with sexy seme Rolls-Royce', but that's a minor detail.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5