• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
400 Bad Request / timeout

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quote
Quote:
400 Bad Request
nginx/0.7.61

I keep getting this error when I try to use the site when I'm logged in.

Can someone please expound on the reasons for this?
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:20 am Reply with quote
I've no idea what causes it, but deleting some of animenewsnetwork.com's cookies seems to get rid of it for a while.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Thanks. I haven't erased any cookies, but Firefox may have done so automatically when they expired. In any case, I haven't had any further issues yet. Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I experienced the same problem with my Firefox browser. I cleared cookies and can now access the site through Firefox again. It would be great to hear from an ANN admin if this is something that can be cleared up at your end.
Shale

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I've been experiencing this when browsing at home, but I just tried the site from work and it loads fine. Both are using the latest Firefox 3.5 versions.
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:56 pm Reply with quote
In Anime forum as soon as I click "Submit" button, after writing reply, page starts loading... only to come back with empty screen and this URL after ~5 minutes:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/posting.php

Browsing works fine though. Anyone else has this problem? Same thing happened yesterday as well.

Last edited by Hentai_JP on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Is it just the anime forum and is it all threads? Does the post go through anyway? If it is only certain threads it could be the return of our old friend the email subscription problem.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:52 pm Reply with quote
For a few hours posts didn't go through on all forums (including this one). Now it seems to work fine, but yesterday I also had problems starting one thread. Oveload? Not sure what causes this.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Could be overload since the Subscribers' server is running just fine, with no problems at all.
weils

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:09 am Reply with quote
I'm also having problems as well. Yesterday the browser refused to load a new page in ANN, the only way to solve this is to open a new tab or window in order to access the new page. There's also difficulty logging in as well, the page continuously loads until there's a "page not available" error. I tried on different computers at home and all have difficulty accessing ANN, which previously have no problems. Submitting new entries in the encyclopedia may or may not load to submission acceptance.

It appears that now I'm able to log in and post threads as well. Perhaps ANN would like to create a separate help forum just in case this same problem occurs once more?
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I've discovered yet another inconvenience. I can not send Private Message to anyone. I tried all day yesterday as well as today with no luck.

The previous problems with posts not getting through, resulting in aforementioned blank page, happened yet again. Yesterday at 3:40 PM (GMT -5.00 hrs, Toronto). No idea why this occurs. I can't make any helpful screenshots either. I did try to reset Router, first restart then factory defaults with no positive effect, as well as deleting cookies... (which is inconvenient).

I should also mention that when posts are not being accepted (uploaded?) when I try to load new forum page, like Anime - Forum, the icons like "New Posts", "No New Posts", "arrow View Newest Post" or "arrow View Latest Post" are either not loading at all or load slowly (I guess I'll screenshot this next time).

Am I really the only one with this problem?
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:07 pm Reply with quote
No. I have trouble accessing the forums at work. My home computer works fine. All other sites I access at work work fine as well.

At work, the people's icons don't always load right. And the page will constantly try to load after I post, often ending at an empty white screen, and my post is not posted (unlike other normal times, where it seems like it doesn't post, but actually did).

I can't always read forum posts, although for some reason on the main forums page, if I click on the "last post" column, it usually takes me to the last post with no problems.

I don't know what the problem is, but it seems to have started during the Funimation Roll Out Riot announcements and then hasn't been the same since. That was when I first noticed it.

If it means anything, I use Firefox and Windows XP at work.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Been working fine for me. I use Firefox(latest version) on Windows Vista 64-bit. Since you can't really provide any screenshot, perhaps starting with the browsers should give the admin a lead(which was done by kyokun I see..)
kyokun, it could be your work's firewall. I only use the Windows' firewall at home, and no problems at all.
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:18 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
I can't always read forum posts, although for some reason on the main forums page, if I click on the "last post" column, it usually takes me to the last post with no problems.

It's the little icon(picture) that doesn't load or does so slowly. When they don't load the link is displayed with text like "view newest post", links themselves work fine though, just pictures don't load. Not that it's a big deal by itself though it only happens when the problem we both have occurs (when trying to submit post page seems to load for 5 min or so and then returns blank).

I also use latest Firefox and XP SP3. Next time when timeouts happen I'll try using IE to post.

Also kyokun703 could you please try to PM me from work, and maybe from home. My PM's don't go through to anyone... so I wonder if I can receive them, and just maybe non-working PM system is connected with timeouts (If PMs don't send on your computer at work - it's connected).

Edit: Just tried... PMs work for now, but there was a day and something blackout where they didn't work. I'll update this thread if it happens again...
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Hentai_JP wrote:
My PM's don't go through to anyone...

I was also unable to send or even preview PMs earlier today, though everything looks like it's working OK now. When I was having problems I was using Windows XP Pro and Firefox 3.5.7.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6