• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Hero Tales, Master of Martial Hearts

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
WTF if funimation thinking? Have you guys seen the ratings for these horrible anime? I have no idea why they would pick up anime with such horrible ratings and reviews.

Master of Martial Hearts:
anime#10150

Jyushin Enbu Hero Tales:
anime#8281

Such a joke, hopefully they will release some good anime tomorrow.

Just because something gets a low rating here doesn't make it automatically bad to every single fan out there though. I can think of a decent few of some shows I really like that got HORRID reviews and ratings here, Buso Renkin being a great example.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Reibooi wrote:

What the hell is up with Funi announcing shows so far in advance of the release of said show? I mean really? Spring 2011? It's gonna take a year and a half to translate/dub a show that's only 6 episodes? HUH?

Why announce it now if it's gonna take so long. Everyone will have long since forgotten about it come it's release day and will probably be confused as to what exactly it is yet again.

I don't see the problem. When these shows originally aired, they were forgotten. Razz

FUNi just needs to stream them at the appropriate time imo.

they wernt forgotten..i've seen several groups sub them...they just wernt very good....platonic heart's best aspect was the little non song...
bayoab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
WTF if funimation thinking? Have you guys seen the ratings for these horrible anime? I have no idea why they would pick up anime with such horrible ratings and reviews.

Master of Martial Hearts:
anime#10150

Jyushin Enbu Hero Tales:
anime#8281

Such a joke, hopefully they will release some good anime tomorrow.

Because ANN ratings are the be all and end all of sales numbers or are always accurate or the general population?
Hero Tales is by the same people as FMA. Slap that on the cover and watch it fly. Martial Hearts is fanservice and fanservice always sells.

Edit: Only 66 and 98 ratings for the two series... those numbers have any statistical validity how?

Last edited by bayoab on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:

Probably because they're a cheap way to keep the library looking fresh and since they aren't big titles they aren't going to get stung by high expectations. They didn't pick just any shows though; one from the creator of Fullmetal Alchemist; one a fanservice filled action title. They're both basically otaku bait they can push onto a box set and stream online.

I remember watching the first episode of both of these and neither stood out enough to be worth continuing.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I've never heard of either of these titles, but Hero Tales has my attention simply by being based on an Arakawa work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reibooi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:16 pm Reply with quote
@The King of Harts

What caused the Bubble to burst was largely the licensing of everything and anything regardless of if it should have been licensed or not. Funi isn't doing that so they are not making the same mistake they are being careful in what they choose to license.

That said Funi could release pretty much every new license they have right now and it would NOT be flooding the market. They hardly have anything new.

The vast majority of their releases are box set re releases or viridian collections for the shows they already have(and mostly got during the bubble). They are incredibly slow on releasing new shows it seems. Most of the shows they license seem to be from 2-3 years ago instead of the previous season of anime.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:

Just because something gets a low rating here doesn't make it automatically bad to every single fan out there though. I can think of a decent few of some shows I really like that got HORRID reviews and ratings here, Buso Renkin being a great example.

Obviously its true that if it was only the case here. Go to any other site and look at reviews and ratings for them. Also Buso Renkin has decent ratings so idk what your talking about.

bayoab wrote:

Because ANN ratings are the be all and end all of sales numbers or are always accurate or the general population?
Hero Tales is by the same people as FMA. Slap that on the cover and watch it fly. Martial Hearts is fanservice and fanservice always sells.

It doesn't matter whether it was made by the same person as FMA, it doesn't change that fact that these anime look terrible. If you guys can honestly tell me your excited for these anime your insane. The only people who will buy these anime will be the losers who just want to see fan service or the people who just buy anything.

I know I am coming off a little harsh, but I don't mean offense to anyone, so don't take it personally.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Since tomorrow is almost without a doubt going to be Toradora!, I can't say that this big licensing riot was all that exciting for me. Today especially, Hero Tales looks really boring, honestly.
Taiyz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:26 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I've never heard of either of these titles, but Hero Tales has my attention simply by being based on an Arakawa work.
This is what completely baffles me. People eat her stuff UP and nobody bothered to give this series a passing glance?

I actually watched the series without knowing anything about it (though I figured out who the creator was, pretty quick) and ended up loving it. All you people should stop watching FMA:B for a bit and give this a chance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I'm searching through the Google Images of Master of Martial Hearts (love the name; might make that a username somewhere) and I'm seeing a lot of boobies. A lot. Hardcore Ikki Tousen? I hope so. My anticipation of this show has gone up a good bit.

It's more of an Ikkitousen knock-off with a budget of a hentai series. The fight scenes and the attempts of ecchi scenes were surprisingly sub-par.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Taiyz wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
This is what completely baffles me. People eat her stuff UP and nobody bothered to give this series a passing glance?

I actually watched the series without knowing anything about it (though I figured out who the creator was, pretty quick) and ended up loving it. All you people should stop watching FMA:B for a bit and give this a chance.

I can't even recall when it came out. I'm sure I was watching the other big titles at the time. Sometimes decent titles can slip through the cracks, unfortunately.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote
*scans Fletcher1991's anime list*
Fletcher1991 wrote:
The only people who will buy these anime will be the losers who just want to see fan service or the people who just buy anything.

I know I am coming off a little harsh, but I don't mean offense to anyone, so don't take it personally.

Is this really coming from the person who gave Shuffle an "Excellent" rating, Tenjho Tenge a "Very Good", Girls Bravo a "Good", Golden Boy "Very Good", Green Green "Good" and Maburaho "Good"? You're honestly going to be the one to preach on about how "losers" watch and buy fanservice shows? Also, several of those shows have pretty poor ratings on ANN, which you also complained about.

So, basically, you're a hypocrite. Awesome.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
redcar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
If you guys can honestly tell me your excited for these anime your insane. The only people who will buy these anime will be the losers who just want to see fan service or the people who just buy anything.

Wait, so you're calling people who buy what they like losers, and people who like these two shows insane, but you're not meaning to offend anyone? Riiight...

I don't know anything about these two series, but I've been wondering what Hero Tales is about for a while. Looks like I'll get my chance to know now. Thanks Funimation! Looking forward to tomorrow.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
redcar wrote:
Wait, so you're calling people who buy what they like losers, and people who like these two shows insane, but you're not meaning to offend anyone? Riiight...
Yeah, really. It's kinda hard not to take offensive language and insults personally when they are, well, offensive and personal.

Meh, doesn't change jack for me. I'm going to check out Hero Tales when it's (hopefully) streamed and Master of Martial Hearts is exactly the kind of show I love as a guilty pleasure (though without the guilt!) so it's already on my To Buy list.

Sure ratings and reviews can be useful but in the end, I'll make my decision based on whether or not I think it's worth it.

And if tomorrow follows the pattern so far, there should be more than 1 new license. I'm hoping for a large number but I'll settle for plural.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Well at less Funi is trying but still not the ones what I what to see
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5