• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Survey

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Ummm... Gundam Wing? It's the only one I've seen, and I remember really enjoying it, so why not? Razz
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I also chose 00. Though I really REALLY liked the first season, the second season and the movie were steps down. But that first season is my favorite Gundam thing ever.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, easily. It has the most complex, compelling, atmospheric storyline.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
lizardking461

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote
It was close between Zeta and the 8th MS Team, but I had to go for the latter in the end - one of the truest examples of an OVA outclassing its parent series in almost all regards. Do think it's a pity Unicorn wasn't included, because that's up there also. Also, don't see why MS IGLOO wasn't included. Those 3 sets of OVA's were great, even if some of the CGI looks a bit dated now.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
This is just asking for trouble.

hahahahahaha too true Laughing

Anyway I answered Zeta...please don't hurt me angry Gundam fanbase cause I know no matter what I answered I just enraged a lot of people. Crying or Very sad

Kalessin wrote:
Well, it was an easy answer for me (Seed), but I was thinking that it would be kind of funny if someone managed to get a bunch of people together and have them all purposefully vote for the worst Gundam series. That would stir things up a bit. Smile

I'm sure there's a lot of people who would rather answer that question and probably will anyway. Laughing
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I've only seen three Gundams in their entirety, G, X, & Turn-A (well, okay, I have also fully seen 0080 & MS igLoo), but when it came down to it I chose G. It was my first Gundam, the characters & story are still memorable to this day, and it's truly a one-of-a-kind title in the series. My #2 would be X, which also had a one-of-a-kind style to it (What happens AFTER the war? Oh, and it's a post-apocalyptic world, too.), memorable characters, and I really liked the idea it had on the whole idea of what a Newtype is; even with a rushed ending, X still told a great story.
nokishoff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I voted for Gundam Wing but after the survey results page loaded I noticed all the choices show zero % of the vote. Is this normal?
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote
LOL at the sole person who voted Gundam SEED Destiny.

Vaisaga wrote:
Gotta vote for X, though in terms of actual quality 00 is the best.

But did you vote for X? Because I voted for X as well yet the results tell me that only one person has voted for it.
Schaef Dogg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote
nokishoff wrote:
...after the survey results page loaded I noticed all the choices show zero % of the vote. Is this normal?

I'm getting the same thing. Odd.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
^
It works for me. After forty-five votes cast, Gundam 00 is in the lead with eight votes.
jsieczkar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote
No joy for me either and it doesn't seem to be taking my vote either
rheiders

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I've only seen 00, so I went with that one.
Setsurai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I think SEED is my favorite, though I know its not the best :p
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:
I also chose 00. Though I really REALLY liked the first season, the second season and the movie were steps down. But that first season is my favorite Gundam thing ever.

It's funny how I keep seeing people say this, but when I rewatched it not too long ago I found the first half of the first season to be the weakest, with the second season being stronger throughout. I think it's probably because season one was more unfocused while season 2 had a concrete threat to deal with.

The movie was just amazing.

penguintruth wrote:
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, easily. It has the most complex, compelling, atmospheric storyline.

I'll give you atmospheric (I felt drained while watching it) but complex? It was just AEUG = Good, Titans = Bad, Axis = either or.

dtm42 wrote:
But did you vote for X? Because I voted for X as well yet the results tell me that only one person has voted for it.

I did indeed. All results say 0% for me.
WeskerGriff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Talk about a tough survey. I’m also somewhat curious why this is being asked. Maybe some American companies want to know what is popular since all these titles are now OOP with Bandai Entertainment going under. At least that’s a theory. In which case, I’m a big Gundam fan, and I wanted to post in here even though I haven’t before.

It was really difficult to just pick one series because several of the series listed have their strong points and weak points, and several of them (for me at least) have a special place in my heart. For example Mobile Suit Gundam was actually the first Gundam series I got the chance to see. I was lucky enough to catch some of the series back on Adult Swim before it was pulled after 9/11. I remember the first episode I watched was ”Garma’s Fate”. If you know that episode, I don’t think you could have picked a better first episode to see than that. I really love MSG, but I still didn’t give that my vote. I didn’t get Zeta Gundam my vote either, even though that is probably the best series in the Gundam franchise.

My vote went for Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket. That series is just extremely memorable. It’s the shortest series listed, but arguably the most emotionally powerful. It doesn’t have any flashy Newtypes or antsy teenage pilots; it just has characters in it who think they are doing the right thing. Also out of all the Gundam series, I think it conveys its message the best. Plus the music is pretty awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9