• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga that are on hiatus or cancel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
13th

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Descendants of Darkness by Vizmedia is on hiatus, but has a strong possibility of not being finished. However, these are because of problems in Japan rather than with the company. Currently there are 11 volumes out.

I do hope it comes back though. Sad
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:32 am Reply with quote
There's no telling what titles will continue or be canceled with ADV right now, but Sky Blade, Sword of Heavens was definitely canceled after only two volumes (there were thirteen at all). Louie, the Rune Warrior is still listed at being six volumes total in Japan, but there's no way of knowing if or when those final two will be released in the U.S. Ditto for Jinki: Extend at six volumes and counting. Maburaho, however, is only listed at being two volumes, so I don't why ADV wouldn't finish it unless the financial situation is really bad over there...
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:30 am Reply with quote
Mawdryn wrote:
I don't why ADV wouldn't finish it unless the financial situation is really bad over there...

It pretty much is, from what I understand. Plus, when you think about the work that goes into a volume of manga (all the translation and then getting it ready for publishing), it really doesn't make sense for them to publish any thing unless they are certain it will sell at least decently.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Mawdryn wrote:
There's no telling what titles will continue or be canceled with ADV right now, but Sky Blade, Sword of Heavens was definitely canceled after only two volumes (there were thirteen at all). Louie, the Rune Warrior is still listed at being six volumes total in Japan, but there's no way of knowing if or when those final two will be released in the U.S. Ditto for Jinki: Extend at six volumes and counting. Maburaho, however, is only listed at being two volumes, so I don't why ADV wouldn't finish it unless the financial situation is really bad over there...

All the one you listed were already on the list. It's due to financial reason, but ADV is trying to rebuild it's manga label with new title.
Lucri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:54 am Reply with quote
I didn't see one.. Tengai Retrogical. Theres only one of it. .__.
rajamitsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:11 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:

Viz

Descendants of Darkness Graphic (9 Volume)

Bein' a bit nit-picky, here, but there's actually 10 volumes in the US currently with one more to go. If they stick with the Japanese releases, there will be 11. However, there's enough of the manga that's been run in its magazine for at least two more volumes that, for whatever reason, never made it into book-form. I'm curious to see if Viz will go ahead and print those or if they'll stop at 11. (Also wondering what they're gonna do about a certain scene in that volume, but that's a different topic...)

While the author seems to have stopped the main story for now, there's been two published side-stories.

...in short, I'd probably just stick a big question mark by this one until Viz says what they're gonna do. (Their web page was no help.)
chaos_epitaph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know the status of Battle Vixens? I see on Tokyopop's site it has Vol 9 and 10 listed but know release date, what dose that mean?
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:51 pm Reply with quote
isn't Legal Drug off for a while, too? Or did they bring it back?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
YourNeighborTotoro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:12 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:

Mythical Detective LOKI RAGNAROK (1 volume)

ADV actually released two volumes, then they stopped releasing Loki Ragnarok.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote
BoygetsfireD wrote:

I believe that was dropped/put "on hiatus" after three volumes. I recall reading that in a recent thread.
sinemente

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quote
adv:

Gunsliger Girl (3 volumes)

Yotsuba&! (3 volumes)

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:51 pm Reply with quote
sinemente wrote:
adv:

Gunsliger Girl (3 volumes)

Yotsuba&! (3 volumes)

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I think I mention this before but Yotsuba vol. 4 was just release in Japan, so maybe ADV hasn't recieve the material yet. Yotsuba was one of the few title they were releasing while all other title was put on hiatus and it actually sold really well for them. I wouldn't be surprise if Yotsuba is their best seller.

Last edited by darkhunter on Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nani?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quote
This would be a very good thread to make sticky.

All the Best,

Nani?
sinemente

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:53 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:

I think I mention this before but Yotsuba vol. 4 was just release in Japan, so maybe ADV hasn't recieve the material yet. Yotsuba was one of the few title they were releasing while all other title was put on hiatus and it actually sold really well for them.

thanks. that's cool. i was afraid the had dropped it...
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
BoygetsfireD wrote:

This is a letter and answer that was in Anime Insider April 31 issue:

Quote:
I started reading a manga called Legal Drug. It was really awesome, but I was disappointed when, after the third volume, I could not find the next installment. I waited and waited and waited. does this mean the manga will not be finished? Please tell met it isn't so! Lie to me if you have to!

Malinda Laxdal - Chuckey, TN

Lie to you? Okay: You can eat healthy at an anime convention, VHS tapes are coming back and Shinji isn't really a big weeping baby girl.

If you think you can handle the sad, sad truth, however,
Legal Drug ran sporadically in three different manga magazine before CLAMP dropped it in 2003 to move on to different projects. There were only three volumes published in Japan, and TOKYOPOP can't reate new chapters out of thin air, so I'm afraid that you'll have to get used to disappointment.

Sorry about the long quote but I wanted to make sure that it was accurate and I didn't miss anything. So basically, fans of this series are again screwed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6