• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kamigami no Asobi (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Well maybe we will be getting gender bending or something from Loki

Hey, with Loki, we could get that fanfic favorite: male pregnancy! I don't think that's ever been done in anime, has it (the incubating of dragons and cute girls notwithstanding)? Laughing

On the other hand, with Loki and Zeus around, we could get bestiality too, so hopefully they won't go all out on the mythologies... >.>
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:19 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Well maybe we will be getting gender bending or something from Loki, on the other hand crossdressing is more of Thor's thing. (yes this was in mythology) They could have brought Zeus's son in and they could be cross-dressing buddies.

I'll just leave this here...

getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
yup, even in the reverse harem world, Zeus is still an asshole. this could be interesting, and a lead with a personality who can talk is a big plus
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:14 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Apollon seems like a very friendly guy.
So far the only one who's nice and normal.
Yui is taking the whole situation rather well.
That Apollon sure knows how to impress a girl kyaa~
Zeus was really firm in making his stand.
He's not gonna quit this little game anytime soon.
That mascot doll, Melissa, was weird.
A female name, yet a man's voice, slightly disturbing.
So school days have officially begun.
Looks like things will be rather fun ^^]
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
And... there went any sort personality Yui appeared to have. At least she's being proactive about things so she can get out instead of sulking like some of the gods.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Lol, why was Tsukuyomi measuring the height and square of the chairs? I'm kind of sad we didn't get flowers for the new character intros. But it was nice that they were all given personalized accessories. Smile

Also, I think I detect a bit of nepotism in Apollon's being designated class rep...

So now we have Zeus's brother and two sons, and three Nordic gods - interesting that the Japanese only get two reps, and one of them seems to be autistic. I wonder if they'll focus mostly on Dionysus' reputation for free love and debauchery, or if his tragic backstory will enter into things. He had a bizarre birth and terrible childhood, and given the love of angst in these types of shows, I wouldn't be surprised if they went there. Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:07 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

So now we have Juli Melisa as an unintentional creepy part. Those lines about just meeting could not sound any more like otome dialogue.
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:50 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 2

So now we have Juli Melisa as an unintentional creepy part. Those lines about just meeting could not sound any more like otome dialogue.

No joke, my first thought after seeing Melisa was "What the hell is a heartless (from Kingdom Hearts) doing here?"
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 am Reply with quote
My brain is fighting itself over this one. There's one half that screams "TOO STUPID FOR WORDS" and there's another half that screams "HOT GUYS WITH LONG HAIR". So far the Hot guys' side's been on the winning side, but scene's like the creepy doll mascot make the Too Stupid's side power up.

I don't even know what I'm typing anymore
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Gods taking classes.
Now that was truly LOL
Guess they still don't understand the importance of their lesson!
Sudden summer vacation might give them a chance to bond.
Apollon is the only one taking this seriously.
I can't figure out Hades with his weirdness.
The beach part was nice (but short) fan service ^^
It's a shame Zeus was so mean...
Keeping those guy together sure takes an effort.
Still, it was fun watching them all enjoy themselves.]
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm enjoying this series much more than La Corda D'oro.

Yui seemed to show more personality this episode.

Oh, and the beach scene was great. And by great, I mean hilarious and ridiculous.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Yui's doing fine, it's some of the guys I'm dismayed about. Apollon is like a five year old (Loki-Loki?) and Tsukuyomi really does seem to be on the spectrum. I imagine Hades cuts himself when no one is looking. But at least he did let her touch him this time, though I don't think he was aware of it, being too depressed over the weather.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:27 am Reply with quote
This episode could've been easily won by "HOT GUYS ON THE SCREEN" side of my brain if some mentally retarded writer hadn't decided to ruin the mandatory beach episode. angry_face.jpg. Having guys throwing their shirts to the sky was the cruelest way of raising my hopes up. At least Susanoo's swimming trunks was brilliant.
Also, someone please kill Apollo. If I hear any more "Loki-Loki, Take-Take" I'm going to scream.

BTW did anyone else note the fishy way in which both Japanese gods got their names changed? No one's calling them Tsukuyomi or Susanoo anymore, but those completely boring names they came up with.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

I thought I was going to just put up with the episode, but I ended up enjoying it more than I thought. The comedy actually felt funny with the classroom scene and some others.

And wow, how creative to say Apollo is like the sun, at least he was unlikely to catch a cold, and I am not referring to any of his god abilities.

Ironically according to Greek mythology Hades would be well in reason to actually apologise for the coming of fall/autumn, and it is a story about love. The story actually involves Zeus being kind of a dick in promising his daughter, Persephone, to Hades, stuff happens and rape and fruit is involved, and her mother, Demeter causes autumn and then Winter when Persephone is in the underworld. On a personal note I am very happy for Hades to appear in something where he is not shown as evil just because he is the god of the underworld, Hades supposedly caused far less problems than the other two major gods. Liking him here.

I am such a mythology nerd, have I ever mentioned one of my favourite books is an encyclopaedia of Mythology, that I keep in a draw next to my bed?
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
The first two episodes were alright, but this episode was actually pretty funny. That beach scene was the best. Apollon and Tsukino getting into the water and staying there despite it being cold was hilarious.

Hopefully they'll keep this up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8