• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which anime could have been the best live action movie

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:19 am Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop is what I thought when I saw this thread. I'm not sure why that one, in particular...I guess I would just like to see it given the 'Hollywood treatment'. Anime hyper I think it would translate better than something like FMA would, too, since it's a bit more episodic...less information to stuff in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Neonracer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:59 am Reply with quote
i would like to see Blue submarine number 6 be a live action. They have hit around it with movies like Waterworld. adding in the subs wouldn't be to much harder.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Gantz

It originality would attract movie goers trying to see things outside the box. its bloody and graphic which people like nowadays. it has cool characters and story and can be easily adapted in an american setting.
omar235

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Neonracer wrote:
i would like to see Blue submarine number 6 be a live action. They have hit around it with movies like Waterworld. adding in the subs wouldn't be to much harder.

I am a huge fan of Blue submarine number 6, but I think it's underrated really. I suppose it would make a entertaining live aciton movie...I'd watch it at least. Wink
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Im gonna have to go with, .HACK//SIGN, i believe seing this in live action could be just as amazing as seing it in the animation style.

and Hunter X Hunter, if spread through maybe 2 or 3 movies would make a VERY cool action/drama movie that could even be put for a famliy movie, although i personally wouldnt like that.

Chrno Crusade, if they had a more dark feeling to it and made it a little less comical THIS would make an awesome movie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
dxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Serial Experimet Lain - i will love to meet Lain and try to make her fall in love! I love girls like her !!! Also, a world full of mysteries and full of philosophical and psychological elements would be great.

Another anime that i would like to be real is Cinderella Boy. If i could choose a character it would be Ranma!, but i would like to discover how to come back to normal

And also, i would like to be Renton from "Eureka Seven". I do not like dramas except this one. It is a great anime!
Nerv1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Well its too late for Evangelion, Weta workshop has tried to produce this movie with Gainax and ADV films, but the project just crashed and burned...
Quote:
Cowboy Bebop is what I thought when I saw this thread.

I would have to agree with you.It would be pretty cool to see Cowboy Bebop as a live action movie. It has all the aspects of a modern sci-fi, not to mention the awesome jazz and the only CG effects they'll really need is for the Bebop and the other ships.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:18 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
No brainer...Elfen Lied Twisted Evil Seriously though I think that Black Lagoon should be made into live action movie cause of the action and because it has something that is missing from movies these days...a deep story. Wink

Agreed, Black Lagoon would be my number one choice too. It's a realistic enough setting to be entirely believable and the action, sometimes over the top as it is, is nothing that can't be duplicated Hollywood style. Not to mention the originality factor I don't think I've seen any modern day pirate/bounty hunter films at all really.

Oh and if there were an Elfen Lied live action it wouldn't play in most theaters and would probabally rank an NC17 by MPAA standards. I wouldn't mind seeing that either though. Very Happy
BloodRedSandman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:18 am Reply with quote
Viga_of_stars wrote:
Gantz

It originality would attract movie goers trying to see things outside the box. its bloody and graphic which people like nowadays. it has cool characters and story and can be easily adapted in an american setting.
Especially if you get some one like
Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw II, Saw III) to direct it.
pumirya

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:24 am Reply with quote
I got to agree with the earlier posts that suggested cowboy bebop would make a nice live action movie. All the elements are in place for that to occur.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2