• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What do you read your manga on?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
molloaggie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I was reading manga in the van today. All the kids ran out and into the house and it was so nice and quiet..... I just opened my book bag and never got out.
rikuXwaffles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:10 pm Reply with quote
I read most of my manga at school. Usually after I am done with my work, or near the end of class. Never at the beginning anymore, because I am late to almost every class. I read in the car too a lot. Hmmm...and sitting in front of my brother's school on the ground waiting for him to get out. If I really want to read something at home, I'll read it in my bed. I usually never read at home, except in the summer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote
In my comfy recliner in my room, with the door shut.

Aaaahhhh! Very Happy
aya_honda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:54 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
In my comfy recliner in my room, with the door shut.

Aaaahhhh! Very Happy

Yes, I'm afraid the shut door plays a key role. Wink I never knew how many people can disturb you while reading a manga till I dicovered it on my on. Now I always shut my door so not to be bothered anymore. Smile
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Ah, if I have my door shut, I won't hear anything that my mom might try to say to me from downstairs, which gets me on one of my marathons. I say that shut doors are a blessing when people are vacuuming, definetly. Wink
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Ah, if I have my door shut, I won't hear anything that my mom might try to say to me from downstairs, which gets me on one of my marathons. I say that shut doors are a blessing when people are vacuuming, definetly. Wink

Ah, you're so lucky. My house echoes (I can hear my dog barking from downstairs right now), so the sound of someone vaccuuming in my house is magnified. That's one of the reasons why I read manga for so long in my bathroom, because it's so warm (right above the drier in the laundry room), and it's in such a corner of the house that I can't hear anything going on outside.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Well, the bed would be one of the better places because it would be one of the warmer places to read in the winter time as well.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:39 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
...and on the toilet if I just want to sit there and get some time to myself (I end up sitting in there for about 40 minutes sometimes because I'm just reading manga Laughing ).

I often end up staying on the toilet for about 30-40 minutes too because I was reading manga. Anime hyper

Seems like alot people (enjoy) reading manga in the bathroom. Confused
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:

Hey, if it's the quietest place in the house and you don't have kids or dogs begging to be let in...what the hell!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:26 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Hey, if it's the quietest place in the house and you don't have kids or dogs begging to be let in...what the hell!

Not quite, I remember seven years ago when my family was living in an apartment in Japan, we had some friends over and stuff. Anyway, I decided to take some manga into the bathroom with me, and I was in there for about 25 minutes. Then I had people banging on the door telling me to get out (it was the only stall we had) and there were three people lined up to do business outside the door. Laughing
aya_honda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:00 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Buster Blader 126 wrote:

For me too bathroom was the quietest room in my house, especially when I have a sister, who gets on my nerves many times. Smile She used to enter into my room and looking for something (I never knew what) and started to ask me questions (which I hate) while I was reading; so I would go and hide in the bathroom. Once I spent there like 40 minutes in the bath tub and she understood never to bother me again. Therefore right now I can be perfectly happy in my room without any interruptions. Laughing
Btw, fighterholic, what your mom and dad said when you kept the guests so much at the bathroom door? Laughing
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:02 am Reply with quote
They just said, "GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM NOW!!" Laughing
aya_honda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:11 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
They just said, "GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM NOW!!" Laughing

Laughing Most certainly, a decent reaction. Laughing I presume that an excuse like I was sick or I didn't feel right haven't worked for you. Smile
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:16 am Reply with quote
Hmm, no. Plus the fact that the guests were little 5-6 year old kids, so you know what happens when you get kids like that in a situation. Ever since that house though, my family has always lived in a house with two or more places, so it's been a big relief too. Sometimes I still read in the bathroom though.
aya_honda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:29 am Reply with quote
You tormented your little guests?! Laughing Shame on you! Very Happy Ok, my sister is in college too but sometimes she acts like a little child especially when she wants to get out and I'm in the bathroom, reading the manga (but I do this only she gets on my nerves). Embarassed
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7