• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Popular Light Novel List Speculates Which Could Get Anime Next

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:30 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather see a longer list to guess the chances of shield hero.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully more Baka to Test.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:51 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Like to see the finishing of Haruhi Suzumiya and Spice and Wolf

Those two would make my top 5. Though, I've read all the Haruhi novels...and plan on grabbing Spice and Wolf in the next year or so (just waiting for Yen to get close to the last volume). At least for these 2, I'll be able to read the ending.

A few others I'd like to see more seasons of are Baka to Test, Index, and Hyouka.

I'd include Index in the "able to read the ending", but that isn't even finished in Japan, and Yen's only released the first volume (or two?).

My number 1 would have to be OreGairu. That 2nd season just bumped Hyouka from my number 1 spot...need more some more Hachiman.

Honorable mention - Red Data Girl. From what I remember, they've only got one novel left to cover.
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Carlos Cadorniga wrote:
For example, Kei Sazane—an author known for winning over 18 Kadokawa Fantasia Novel Awards since debuting in 2007—has yet to have works...

The Da Vinci article says:
Quote:
その中でも、細音啓は18回ファンタジア長編小説大賞佳作を受賞し、2007年に本作でデビュー。

Actually, he received the 18th Fantasia Novel Kasaku Award.
In this case, '18回' means '18th'. Not '18 awards'. After receiving the 18th Fantasia Novel Kasaku Award, he debuted.
http://ddnavi.com/news/245833/
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ファンタジア大賞

penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I just want to see more Baccano and more Haruhi (proper adaptations of the novels and short stories).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
shiranehito

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Amazing that the number one in list is not even in ANNcyclopedia, despite of the existing manga adaptation.

Also, it's not on the list but I wished Utsuru no Hako to Zero no Maria got anime adapted too. It's already finished not long ago anyway.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:00 am Reply with quote
OH&S wrote:
Obligatory Index Season 3 comment. By this time next year, all hope will be lost. Crying or Very sad

Don't loose hope, it took them 4 years between season 2 and 3 of Shana. Granted the end of the light novels was upon them then, were as Index is finished it's run. However, maybe due to the Accelerator novels coming out they might continue Index after an adaptation of Accelerator or Railgun.

I get where you are coming from. The mere fact that they made a stand along movie instead of a 3rd season is worrisome enough. However, J.C. Staff had brought a lot of shows to it's completion. So, if someone else had the show I would have given up hope, but since it's them I still hold out hope they will be able to adapt Index to completion.

Last edited by rinkwolf10 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:16 am Reply with quote
This is such an absurdly bizarre poll coupled with an even more absurd article title/premise.

It's common sense that producers are not going to be looking back at 5-7 year old LN data to determine what kind of show to make now. They are much more interested in the data of current LN sales. Since that, ya know, represents the current market and what the next 'hot' title to adapt could be.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:23 am Reply with quote
Not just light novels, but real novels, as well.

For example, surely Tomohiko Morimi (Tatami Galaxy, Eccentric Family) has more novels to adapt.

And they've only just gotten started on the sacher-torte of Horizon on the middle of nowhere.

I hope that Nisioisin's Zaregoto series will be adapted to anime.

Does anyone remember Boogiepop Phantom? I gather that series only scratched the surface of that series. Sadly, Ryutaro Nakamura is dead, and I'm not sure I'd trust Kino's Journey in anyone else's hands.

The only light novels I know are the ones that have already been adapted to anime or translated. So: I'd love to see more No game, no life, and probably Sasami-san@ganbaranai.

But I guess having the novels for a series translated reduces my interest in anime adaptation. I've read all of Haruhi, and I'm not sure there's much point in continuing to adapt it. The same for Book Girl (I think it works better in written form). Spice and Wolf might be an exception to this rule, though I think I'd prefer it to be adapted by studios with more skill than the ones that have gone before.
utawoutau

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:17 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
I'd rather see a longer list to guess the chances of shield hero.

Shield Hero would definitely be my #1 choice for an anime adaptation.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:33 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Don't loose hope, it took them 4 years between season 2 and 3 of Shana. Granted the end of the light novels was upon them then, were as Index is finished it's run.

Where did you hear that Index finished its run? Four Index light novels were released in 2014, including NT10, which was arguably the best Touma-centric volume since the spoiler[English Civil War] storyline.

Heck, NT13 comes out in less than two weeks:

Last edited by BodaciousSpacePirate on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Xionea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 am Reply with quote
If anything, I'd love to see the LN Sayonara Piano Sonata turned into an anime. I've been reading it lately, and it gives a huge Your Lie in April feel to it (I'm still in the middle of reading it, so it's not like I have any major comparisons besides the music and drama category). I'm surprised it's not in the list of LN up there, I've been really enjoying reading it, but since it finished in 2008 I guess that's probably why. If it's anything in the realm of Your Lie in April, I think it'd be a wonderful anime, but 7 years since it finished might be putting my hopes a little high.
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:51 am Reply with quote
cosain wrote:
I would love a Pandora Hearts reboot since the entire manga series is finished, then adapt its light novels to be anime too and then we all cool.

I would commit crimes to make this happen T__T
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:00 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
-snip-

There are many factors to include in the equation of "to continue to adapt or not?", like Sales of the source material pre- and post-adaptation, as well as of the adaptation (and merch) itself; Reception of the adaptation, because if the work in getting trashed vigorously it is bad news; Desire/Willingness of the higher-ups (Production Committee, publishing company, author, studio) to continue and adapt more of the source material, or leave it at that (there are case where the authors themselves refuse to allow any more adaptations to be made); Status of the source material, if the material is already completed, still on-going, on hiatus, has the previous adaptation(s) followed the story well enough to continue adapting, or that it has too off-course. And many more calculations.

There are a lot of series that I would be happy to get the rest of them animated, but in most likelihood the shows you listed (as well as a general rule for any other adapted show) will stay like that, without any more projects being done on them.
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:07 am Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
Also, it's not on the list but I wished Utsuru no Hako to Zero no Maria got anime adapted too. It's already finished not long ago anyway.

Oh man. If we ever actually got this I could die happy. The timing would be perfect too since it only just had the last volume release earlier this month. Sadly it seems pretty unlikely though. According to most discussions I've seen about it Maria is apparently not very popular over in Japan.

Ill also second the works from Kei Sazane getting an anime. I know of 3 being translated (Tasogare-iro no Uta Tsukai, its sorta(?) sequel Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden, and Sekai no Owari no Encore.) and I love all of them so far. Shame they all tend to not make much translation progress. Been a while but I think I remember the translators for Tasogare or Eden saying that translating it was difficult. Guessing its the same for the other 2 as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4