• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quote
Don't forget his video game roles too, like Van in Tales of the Abyss, Marscal Godwin in Suikoden 5 and Margulis in all the Xenosaga games.

Last edited by belvadeer on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
headpower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:42 am Reply with quote
ok watched the trailer, the guy that voiced lulu sucks, he doesnt have that evil high pitch tone like the japanese dub. never enjoy anime with eng dub and probably never will.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote
headpower wrote:
ok watched the trailer, the guy that voiced lulu sucks, he doesnt have that evil high pitch tone like the japanese dub. never enjoy anime with eng dub and probably never will.

Anyone else notice a lovely cause/effect here?
thedragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quote
Watched the trailer and I thought C.C. sounded pretty good. The line "would you be a god or a demon?" was a little too over the top. I know that the whole series is over the top, but this was too much. Bosch has a chance to make or break this series' dub, but I have confidence that he can do it well. I can't wait to here his Zero voice.
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:00 pm Reply with quote
headpower wrote:

Explain, headpower. Lulu's voice in Japanese wasn't high pitched at all. It was more low pitched and had sort of a growl to it when he spoke louder. And unless there's a new trailer out that I haven't seen yet, Johnny Yong Bosch only spoke 2 words in it. Confused That isn't enough to judge.

Last edited by Veoryn87 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
headpower wrote:

Anyone else notice a lovely cause/effect here?

More like a self-fulfilling prophecy, I think.

But seriously, people, calm down. Yes, I know, I was the first one to take a swipe at the haters, but if it's going to keep on, just smile and nod. Let the haters have their moment on the soapbox, once the series actually premieres that's what we'll be talking about here, and the jerks will go away.
Red Lotus
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quote
btw it says the 26th as when its starting but it has two days on it. does any one know if it comes out fri/sat or sat/sun? thanks
braves

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote
It starts on Sat/Sun.

Top Gun wrote:
(including the one and only Manzou the Saw) from Samurai Champloo.

That was him?! Now I'm sure that I'm going to love his performance in this one. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Red Lotus wrote:
btw it says the 26th as when its starting but it has two days on it. does any one know if it comes out fri/sat or sat/sun? thanks

technically it will be available on The Fix (adult swims online video service) on Friday and will first air at 1:30 AM Sunday
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Veoryn87 wrote:
Lulu's voice in Japanese wasn't high pitched at all. It was more low pitched and had sort of a growl to it when he spoke louder.

And as that's what I'm used to, its going to take some getting used to JYB's version.

Quote:
And unless there's a new trailer out that I haven't seen yet, Johnny Yong Bosch only spoke 2 words in it. Confused That isn't enough to judge.

I'm only aware of one, but AS could be doing another one. Wait, that would mean they were actually advertising their anime, so probably not. Anyway, its certainly too early to judge, but it was enough to show that JYB's Lulu will not be much like the voice I'm used to.
SwissMiss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Jamieson Price was narrating the trailer Very Happy ...and he is playing Diethard Ried in the show.
I will definitely watch it this Saturday, it has been years since I watched an anime from start to finish on TV; I hope Code Geass will keep my interest.
loka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:12 am Reply with quote
i also agree that tolerance of the dub hinges on Johnny Yong Bosch's performance. if he makes Lulu sound anything like Vash, it'll be trash to me.
Axe-336

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:21 am Reply with quote
I'm interested because I heard it was good but missed it on the fansub circuit. 1:30 time slot works great for me to because no one else in on the TV by then.... I'll probably even be back from the B-52's concert by then.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:29 am Reply with quote
I have no problem with dubs...it's just that it has to air so late at night,ughhhh.

But I can't wait for it to air though
:]
headpower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote
Veoryn87 wrote:
headpower wrote:

Explain, headpower. Lulu's voice in Japanese wasn't high pitched at all. It was more low pitched and had sort of a growl to it when he spoke louder. And unless there's a new trailer out that I haven't seen yet, Johnny Yong Bosch only spoke 2 words in it. Confused That isn't enough to judge.

No, the guy that did lulu voice might not be high pitch but defiintely not low pitch. watch some jaapense drama series then you know wtf is low pitch. I tried not to laugh when i watch the trailer of the eng dub, but at the end i cant stop, it just weird as hell. Watching the eng dub gives me the same shiver when i listen to japanese artist tryign to rap in english.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 60