• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Saban's U.S. Sailor Moon promo reel.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quote
This should be shown at cons. I wish I had it for this panel I'm doing soon. It's hilarious!

Regarding the commercial...I would kinda like it if her name was Victoria but only because I'm Victoria. Razz
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
ChronoBall X wrote:
Primus wrote:
If memory serves, it wasn't Saban who produced this pilot was it? I believe it was that Toon Makers place who pitched it to Toei, but for one of the few times in their history, Toei made a good decision regarding International plans, and said "No". Sadly because they thought it cost too much, rather then it being terrible.

I remember that promo that DiC made where the girls were called Victoria and stuff, ahahaha.

I remember that Promo,and they called Tuxedo mask"The masked Tuxedo" that promo was so laughable,the announcer tried to make it sound like it'll be the hit sensation since power rangers and TMNT.Anime hyper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEXqoPgbH0c

Ah yes, he made it seem like it would be what DragonBall Z would be years later.

EDIT- Hahahahaaha "Blue" hahahahaha

and not to mention that the voice acting was just god awful......BAD.....I mean...I'd rather torture my self to death watching the 4kids Onepiece than ever watch that PROMO again.Anime hyper I'd Rather hear Luffy say" I'M GONNA BE KING OF THE PIRATES" than ever listen to those voices Laughing
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Most of you know that despite some of it's faults, I'm a pretty hard-core Sailor Moon fan...

...but that was just awful. I've seen it before and it just gets worse every time! The girl in the wheelchair was probably a politically correct character choice...but what got me was the windsurfing through space...

I'm with the rest of you...thank god it didn't go beyond that what was shown.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2