• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amnesia (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Yeah, Toma, all of that would've been a heck more romantic if you hadn't spoiler[drugged her, caged her and threatened to rape her.]

Actually, he was going to spoiler[commit rape up until the point he becomes aware of the diary.] No biggie.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Aww, Toma spoiler[did not need to apologise, he was just looking out for her]. Rolling Eyes

The proper response when someone spoiler[asks if you want to get away from them, when they drug and cage you], is to say yes. At least she finally got out of that world where spoiler[saying sorry] seems to make up for all that crap. I will remember it though.

And this world seems to have Ukyo as the main dude, at least he has a better attitude here, spoiler[actually saving her instead of throwing her off the roof of a hospital]. The ironic thing is I have the feeling that he might be the nicest guy, although I may be wrong though.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The ironic thing is I have the feeling that he might be the nicest guy, although I may be wrong though.

It does indeed feel like that. At least from what this episode showed, Ukyo seems like the best prospect out of the five (which, as you say,spoiler[ is ironic after he threw her off a building barely a minute before saving her from going kaboom in the school]) Still, he has aroun two-ish episodes to take a turn for the worst, so I won't be surprised if/when he does
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Ukyo.....feels the most effeminate of the bunch. Anime hyper
He's so weird. I don't know which personality is the real him. o_o But it's probably the psychotic one.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote
so except for laughing it out, I was pretty much right about what would happen. I'm not sure how I should feel about that. It's too bad Toma had to go Yandere on her, cause it seems like he would make a fantastic boyfriend. Anyone else get a Final Destination vibe from the episode
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Anyone else get a Final Destination vibe from the episode

Yeah, kinda. Anime hyper

Those movies freak me out. :<

And Touma being like that is rather disappointing, I agree.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

spoiler[Is there a single guy in this anime that wasn't her lover??
*sigh* At least Ukyo made some sense of the story.
The world trying to kill her part added a nice twist to the story.
Looks like he has a split personality problem.
It's one of those potentially dangerous things for the heroine.
Seems like each of the male characters has some kind of a personality flaw.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

So Ukyo be havin some spoiler[split personalities], which makes him both the spoiler[second kindest and second cruelist character (the manager] own both of the first ranks). He warned her not to spoiler[see him at night, not to trust him, and not to go to the well, yet she still goes]. It is like she wants to die.

A similar thing happened at the end of the episode when she decided to go out when told not to, and of course spoiler[it turns out that it was a trap. I found a particular bit interesting as when we saw Ukyo] we had a very quick frame that we could see a lightning bolt. I managed to pause at that part and noticed that the picture had changed to the building that our lead ran into a moment later, the place with the clock tower that we saw a lightning bolt hit a tree later. I don't really know if there is any significance in that though.

I hope we get some closure in the last episode, without it feeling too cheap that is.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:21 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
It is like she wants to die.

Nah, she's just stupid.

I have less of a problem with her being "naive" and going to "rescue" (if the word could possibly apply) Ukyo than I have of her absolutely failing to ask even the most elementary and stupefyingly obvious questions when she can:

"Are you shifting from world to world too?"

"Why is the world trying to kill me?"

"If it is too dangerous to meet with you can we talk on the phone?"

"What happens on the 25th -- why is it special?"

and so on. As I said, she is just too stupid to think of any of this. Orion isn't much better so he prefers focusing on whatever is utterly trivial. I am glad this is over next episode.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Heroine, why are you dumb?
Is what I should say.
But Ukyo was even dumber for spoiler[telling her that he had to die in her place.] I mean, really!? You don't freaking tell a girl that because of COURSE she's going to go running to you! Idiot....Rolling Eyes They teach this in preschool for Shoujo Boyfriends!
Lesson 1: When you are in danger, lie to your girlfriend about it. Because it is likely she will try to save you and get herself killed otherwise.

Hell, if he REALLY wanted to protect her, he could have pulled the better cliche of trying to make her hate him...though so far, it looks like she's not capable of that emotion. lol

ookamigirl wrote:
Is there a single guy in this anime that wasn't her lover??

Uh.....Orion and her manager? Anime hyper

This anime IS based on a dating sim...so what did you expect? Rolling Eyes
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Well damn me, now I'm actually interested. Honestly, if the whole show had focused on this route I would've liked it a lot more instead of making it my laughing stock for this season.

Of course it would also help if the Heroine had a name or was at least more interesting to watch than a wall of drying paint. At least in this episode she's making decisions of her own -even if they're stupid decisions-. It would also help if she actually asked questions.

Something I didn't understand was Bad!Ukyo talking about experiencing the terror of dying over and over and blaming the girl for it, but then Good!Ukyo saying he's lost her/watched her die over and over again. So who's been dying over and over? I'm lost. Also, if the spoiler[25th is the time limit, I thought it meant they both could live after that day. If there's no salvation and someone must necessarily die, why didn't Ukyo get himself killed -like he apparently intended to do before Bad!Ukyo took over- before instead of exposing her to all that danger, all that time?]

Kinda disappointed that spoiler[she didn't die in the well]. I thought it would be funny if she fell because Ukyo said "the more you struggle, the deeper you sink", but from past experience (see: sinking like a rock), this girl doesn't struggle at all, even if her life's in danger. I wonder how that would've gone.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone notice that Evil!Ukyo has dark circles under his eyes when Good!Ukyo does not? Anime hyper

...I was able to tell them apart that way. I guess Evil!Ukyo doesn't get as much sleep as Good!Ukyo does? Anime hyper

......but it's the same guy! o_O
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I did notice. Actually I thought that it was meant to be obvious in the episode, although I do wonder if evil Ukyo had it through the series. Did the good side even appear until now?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote
It was glaringly obvious. There's even a close up scene where the eye shades appear and Ukyo turns evil in a second. I thought it was meant to be obvious to the viewer
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I do wonder if evil Ukyo had it through the series. Did the good side even appear until now?

I'm not sure...now I want to go back and check. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 16