• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game, Round 15

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
Damn, that quote seemed familiar, but for some reason I was thinking of a Light Novel adaption of some kind.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I was also leaning toward either Hestia or Liliruca saying that to Bell in DanMachi, and that threw me off the trail. Really should have gotten that one, though. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
That's right, though spoiler[he doesn't disregard her. Her words give him a greater determination to win for her.]

Just wanted to say grats on the victory! Laughing

spoiler[But he still does what he wanted instead of what she asked of him so... yeah, he disregards her. I know shippers have low standards, but still, to be happy with such a shit ending is really sad. I'd say more but I've had a shit day and I don't even want to think about the shit ship anymore] Rolling Eyes

Next is from subs:
Character A: We were born with special powers that other people don't have, but we mustn't let it get to our heads and think we're special. Being confident about your powers is fine, but you mustn't get conceited. Depending on how we use our powers they could also be deadly weapons. They're just like knives. What are you not supposed to do with knives?

Character B: Point them at people?

Character A: So you do get it. Make sure you never forget that. That's the moral code people like us with special powers need to live by

Character C: That all gets ruined once you know A said it.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:00 pm Reply with quote
was there hope and desire out there for spoiler[Ichigo to end up with Rukia or at least someone not Orihime? is that what the problem is?]

this would be spoiler[Shigeo(B) is trying to explain to Dimple(C) why he wont use his powers in the situation he has found himself in by recalling a lesson that Reigen (A) taught him in the past ]. spoiler[Mob Psycho 100]

Last edited by getchman on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
In the spectre of plausibility and what the author had been building through the entire series it wasspoiler[ Ichigo ends up with no one>>>>>> ends up with Rukia>>>> ends up with Orihime] Aaandspoiler[ the entire ending, even leaving the shit ship aside, was a complete betrayal to the entire story and characters. It was sincerely shit] As far as "hope and desire", spoiler[Ichiruki has always been, by far, the most popular and beloved couple in the Bleach fandom. And Rukia has always been devastatingly more popular as a character, always placed top three in the polls -in the last character focused popularity poll, she even placed higher than Ichigo.]

BTW you haven't identified one of the speakers, I can't give it to you if you don't fix that
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
oh, makes sense now.

fixed
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:40 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
In the spectre of plausibility and what the author had been building through the entire series it wasspoiler[ Ichigo ends up with no one>>>>>> ends up with Rukia>>>> ends up with Orihime] Aaandspoiler[ the entire ending, even leaving the shit ship aside, was a complete betrayal to the entire story and characters. It was sincerely shit] As far as "hope and desire", spoiler[Ichiruki has always been, by far, the most popular and beloved couple in the Bleach fandom. And Rukia has always been devastatingly more popular as a character, always placed top three in the polls -in the last character focused popularity poll, she even placed higher than Ichigo.]

The thing is that spoiler[there was nothing romantic about Ichigo and Rukia's relationship. While Ichigo never really showed much interest in any girl, at least we know Orihime was in love with him. Quite a bit of time was spent on that, even. So there's more basis for him to end up with her than Rukia. Besides, it's not like he was going to abandon the world of the living.]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Getchman is correct,

@Vaisaga,spoiler[ it made more sense for Ichigo to leave the world of the living -there was a whole arc about how miserable and unfulfilled he felt when he stopped being a Shinigami-, than to out of the blue drop out of being a shinigami and cut off contact with the Soul Society altogether, which the finale suggests he did]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:36 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
spoiler[ than to out of the blue drop out of being a shinigami and cut off contact with the Soul Society altogether, which the finale suggests he did]

spoiler[Where did it suggest that? He was obviously still in contact with Rukia and he could very well be continuing his substitute Shinigami work. He even apparently taught his son about Shinigami rather than be like Isshin and hide everything.]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:54 pm Reply with quote
next quote dub.

He's smiling? How far did he plan this out, I cant get inside his head. Maybe I should do rock myself and hope for a tie to buy myself some time! They say that people tend to think of paper, so scissors in the safest bet. But if character X indeed puts out rock I'm the one choosing the obvious paper. Then he'll trap me by playing scissors so I should do rock, only if he does live up to his word then the suffering will never end! There must be some way for me to cut through this dilemma. Sever this chain of suffering, cut through this dilemma, sever the... hmm, CUT!
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking this isspoiler[ Aizawa from Handa-kun overthinking his janken duel for Class rep with Handa, who actually was trying to lose on purpose]

Pass if correct, got nothing and today is shit
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:10 pm Reply with quote
correct. open turn
crx07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:07 am Reply with quote
Then I'll take it. Subs:
Come to think of it, I heard that a study by a foreign university concluded that women who drink lots of coffee have 17% smaller breasts than women who don't, or something like that.
crx07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:49 am Reply with quote
Hint 1:spoiler[The speaker thinks lowly of herself, even calling herself useless]
crx07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Hint 2:spoiler[The speaker is considered as unlucky, including her classmates.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 101