• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hamatora (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

...... Well that was not the type of spa/fanservice episode I was expecting. Not that I didn't enjoy it. That spoiler[sit-up] part was so troll.

And really, first Wizard barristers and now this.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:33 am Reply with quote
Congrats Hamatora, you've managed to create something offensive to both gay people, and my intelligence. You were basically just clinging to life by being utterly bland enough to be inoffensive. This...remedies the blandness but is hardly an improvement.

I'll let a much better show take it from here...

https://imageshack.com/a/img850/8574/suj.gif
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote

And we're back to the main story.
Well, more or less anyway.
The main plot is strangled by useless side stories.
It's a shame too..
Some of the stories were pretty interesting.
Yet somehow, most of them are just not.
They're killing the potential of this anime.
Since it's halfway through, they really should put in more of the main story.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what Morel's true objective is. That guy gives off a dangerous vibe. Well, whatever it is, they better stop him. His malevolence reminds me of a certain someone from Gatchaman Crowds...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
The english surprised me more than it should have lol. Also good to see spoiler[the killer can shape shift and its not just that the cop was evil.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

If spoiler[punching does not work, or electricity], then the answer has to be to spoiler[electrify his arms to create lighting punches]. That is ridiculous, and I am pretty sure not how spoiler[electricity] works.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Wow did they really hire an english voice actor for this episode or something? If so that's actually kind of neat. Hopefully this will become a trend (though honestly hearing japanese people speak Engrish is funny on it's own).
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Well.... spoiler[RIP Art. I wonder how the others will react after finding out what happened. There's no doubt they will suspect that Moral is his killer.]

Inb4 vengeance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:46 am Reply with quote
Yay for the main story!
Was about time they started to put more of it.
Art's history took the spotlight this time.
It was interesting to find out more about him.
That white haired freak is pretty obnoxious.
What's with those pointy teeth; a pretty obvious villain.
spoiler[Art was a pretty cool guy, what a shame.]
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:34 pm Reply with quote
As much as I love the main cast, Hamatora hasn't really been doing too much for me... until this week. Whoa whoa whoa WHOA!!!!!! Was not expecting that at all. Wow. When's the last time spoiler[a character of Kamiya's died?? Or is Art going to suddenly manifest a Minimum from this?? ^^;]
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:27 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
As much as I love the main cast, Hamatora hasn't really been doing too much for me... until this week. Whoa whoa whoa WHOA!!!!!! Was not expecting that at all. Wow. When's the last time spoiler[a character of Kamiya's died?? Or is Art going to suddenly manifest a Minimum from this?? ^^;]

I agree the spoiler[death scene was pretty intense and surprising], but other than that, this show has been rather meh...the cases varied from boring to ridiculous, the villain looked promising at first, but now he's turned out to be just some crazy guy with an even crazier motive. And i don't really care that much about the main cast either, spoiler[Art was probably the most interesting of the bunch... Sad ]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[It was a shame Art had to go..
Morel really doesn't care about anyone except his own goal.
I foolishly hoped that from this episode on plot would be more concentrated on Morel.
Instead we get Okinawa...
Extreme triathlon was actually pretty fun.
Although I don't really get why they keep on putting these fun/not serious mini stories while the main story with Morel is very serious and pretty dark.
The two are complete opposites and it makes a gap between them.
*sigh* this anime could've been done some much better & differently.]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:44 am Reply with quote
So... is anyone still watching this? I mildly enjoyed the initial episodes of the show, but at least half of it has been mind-numbingly stupid and/or boring. The way they just randomly stick cookie-cutter sob stories to each character to make them more sympathetic is so lame. Like Ratio and Birthday partnership or Murasaki's inferiority complex, or ep 9's guilt trip for Three. Like others, I thought Art was the only remotely interesting character with a remotely interesting personal strife, and the proof is that since spoiler[he was offed] the show's doing nothing for me but cause excessive eye-roll disease.

So in short, if anyone's still watching, can they tell me if episode 10 shows any remote promise of this thing at least going somewhere? I'm in the point of haste in which I wouldn't mind dropping it, even if I'm just three episodes short of finishing it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 10
CrowLia wrote:
So in short, if anyone's still watching, can they tell me if episode 10 shows any remote promise of this thing at least going somewhere? I'm in the point of haste in which I wouldn't mind dropping it, even if I'm just three episodes short of finishing it.

Have you seen X-Men, or the general thing where the public go nuts over there being people with super powers? Although the entire thing feels chaotic as we don't know whether to hate the spoiler[humans beating up the mutants, or the mutants beating up the humans for targeting the mutants.] And then there are spoiler[humans beating up the humans for being connected to the mutants.]

And then there is the ridiculous no sense idea of spoiler[turning the guy back from a purple light sensitive hulk by getting him to jog], apparently diets are important for that sort of thing.

If only this was not the bastardized bishie version of psycho-Pass. At least Psycho-Pass felt a little more rounded with fewer one note characters and not a dancing lion inserted into random scenes of episodes with no explanation. Actually I did not even know that Minimums were not common knowledge before this episode, and it feels a little like the setting has changed in the recent episodes if you compare to the beginning, like more Japanese when it felt more ambiguous at the beginning.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:45 am Reply with quote
So it's a blind angry brainless mob plot now? Yeah, pass. I wish I had the patience to dig up dtm42's handy "Dropped" Amnesia gif.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7