• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shōnen Jump Authors Comment on Bleach Ending

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:07 pm Reply with quote
The comment from the creator of Gintama seemed the most genial to me. Kubo's got a good sense for style, so if he finds the energy to explore some of his other ideas and make something else, I'd love to see it.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:04 am Reply with quote
Well it's nice that Kubo's fellow Mangaka's are congratulating him on finishing bleach after 15 years it still sucks that bleach ended so badly. Sad
Tajima

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:13 am Reply with quote
nobody knows wrote:
anddo! wrote:
Why didn't Kishimoto comment?

he will say " thank you for ending your manga as bad as mine so i don't feel lonely"

even though I still think naruto ending is worst one .

Either way, Kishi went out a legend at the top of the sales charts so much so that they begged him to continue his manga and launched Boruto.

Whereas no one will remember Kubo in a decade.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:30 am Reply with quote
These guys definitely knew what was going on between Kubo and WSJ. I think they're trying to show what respect they have for him but I still have to laugh at some of those comments, especially Oda. Like he gets any rest the way he does One Piece. Kubo in reality screwed himself with his pacing and the ending, it was such a great manga at the beginning, it really is a shame the way it turned out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danpmss

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:11 am Reply with quote
Replica_Rabbit wrote:
jeromeskee wrote:
Must be weird seeing how none of these authors mentioned anything frustrating about how Bleach ended right?

We all know that Kubo's colleagues at Jump felt frustrated with how the story of Bleach left us with so many unanswered plot questions, butt that would be a slight towards the editorial department of Jump (i.e. their bosses - who were responsible for Kubo not having enough time to finish the story properly) so they obviously had to brush those thoughts under the rug.

Kubo had 4 years to finish, newer mangaka don't get that. I feel more bad about the newer then Kubo.

Kubo had 10 years to finish it. They rushed the deadline because of a fight.
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:36 am Reply with quote
I am now going to start reading Bleach again now that it's ended, I'm currently at the RUkia Rescue arc.

While I'm not as big on Shonen Battles as I used to be when I was younger I have a feeling that I will enjoy Bleach a little more because everyone's been bitching about it going downhill for years and 90% of the time fan outrage is unwarranted.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:18 am Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:
I am now going to start reading Bleach again now that it's ended, I'm currently at the RUkia Rescue arc.

While I'm not as big on Shonen Battles as I used to be when I was younger, I have a feeling that I will enjoy Bleach a little more because everyone's been bitching about it going downhill for years and 90% of the time fan outrage is unwarranted.

Damn, you're behind. You didn't watch the anime???

Also, don't worry about it if you start reading the manga again.
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:36 am Reply with quote
A combination of ungodly long filler and them being uninteresting put me off completely. Plus I watch anime dubbed so that adds to the lag.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:47 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
spoiler[Ishida became a doctor, so besides for him not getting a girl (that we know of), that's a good ending].

Regarding Ishida: spoiler[he had stated specifically that he never wanted to become a doctor and that his friends were the most precious thing to him (the latter was the climax of his character arc), so ending up a doctor and with no time to spend with his friends doesn't really sound like a good ending for him]
Vongola Prim0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:26 am Reply with quote
Oda isn't mocking Kubo at all. He is speaking from experience as someone who knows how taxing,physically and mentally, drawing a manga for 15 years can be. If you saw his comment as mocking or sarcastic then it was your own mentality reflected by your comprehensions of those words.
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeah and SJ can now go to sh*t. Another disappointing ending for a shounen manga that showed so much potential at first before being drawn out to a million chapters. Those editors (or shareholders) are evil people. Hope they eat a greasy cheeseburger and have a heart attack. They need to stop the practice of working their artists until they become mediocre and clinically depressed.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Tajima wrote:
nobody knows wrote:
anddo! wrote:
Why didn't Kishimoto comment?

he will say " thank you for ending your manga as bad as mine so i don't feel lonely"

even though I still think naruto ending is worst one .

Either way, Kishi went out a legend at the top of the sales charts so much so that they begged him to continue his manga and launched Boruto.

Whereas no one will remember Kubo in a decade.
Kubo made a pretty popular series so yeah even with no Boruto like spin off he will still be remembered (especially if he gets to do another manga) and last I checked the entirety of Naruto's final arc was complete shit. Bleach's last arc had a rocky ending yes (Ichigo's final bankai kept getting either broken or cracked) but at least Ichigo didn't call one of his enemies who caused a shit ton of destruction over some dead girl a "cool guy"

Last edited by theNightster on Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Vongola Prim0 wrote:
Oda isn't mocking Kubo at all. He is speaking from experience as someone who knows how taxing,physically and mentally, drawing a manga for 15 years can be. If you saw his comment as mocking or sarcastic then it was your own mentality reflected by your comprehensions of those words.
the guys who think Oda is mocking Kubo are just obnoxious Bleach haters, then again simply saying that Bleach is not a bad series overall (which it really isn't, in my opinion only the Fullbring arc and the ending were bad) is enough to start some sort of argument
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:15 pm Reply with quote
This looks really forced to me. Like when co-workers are asked to sign a going away card for the guy that just got made redundant. However regardless 'tis reason I don't read, or watch any Shounen Jump series. Too long, too repetitive, too many characters, too little development, becomes too boring, and finally too rushed endings. It's all just too much bollox with no cohesive conclusions.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean

People constantly insisting Kubo unjustly had the rug pulled out from under him while either citing no proof of this or citing dubious/non existent evidence.

Tylerr wrote:
He got canceled and had to end it quick,

No one really disputes that it's the reasons behind the cancellation that led to a lot of the rushing that is.

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5