• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Second Haruhi Season to be Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:29 pm Reply with quote
It's about freaking time! Awesome news. It being "announced" on 7/7/07 is pretty clever, I think. Very Happy As for Clannad, I want to see that, but a new Haruhi season has much higher priority. Heck, I'd prefer more Full Metal Panic over Clannad for that matter. As much as I love the anime based on the Key games, I love Haruhi and FMP so much more.

Last edited by Jedi General on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nicomorr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Karasuhebi wrote:
But anyways...so the hate between mods over at [This URL is a known Fansub Distribution website] is reciprocated over here with the editors of ANN? Razz

Not at all. In fact, I've always believed that ANN and [This URL is a known Fansub Distribution website] are sort of like light and shadow / Yang and Ying. Sometimes they've got some excellent poster pictures or information about some really obscure titles that I couldn't find at anywhere else. After all, they've got over a dozen active "encyclopedists," and those who can lay hands on illegal materials for free -- be it guns, drugs, or pirated anime -- are inherently smarter than those who can only wait the legal license and pay full price.

Actually your attention to the people involved is the crucial element in my continuing multiple daily visits to you. I now spend more time in your encyclopedia investigating directors, storyboarders, animators & seiyuu than series or movies. That is your unique strength.

Back ontopic - glad for Haruhiism term 2 also - they'll have a job to make it as exciting though I'm sure it'll be massively popular. Maybe they'll capitalise on the Haruhi dance craze & weave more in - I still watch the ED every few days when I need cheering up.

Nico M Cool
Lacan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quote
News is some company making a Berserk2, Ippo finally getting new eps or Bleach getting canned (One can pray).

Everyone and their mothers knew the insane ammounts of viral marketing of Haru was getting a new season. Rolling Eyes
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Win. Win. Win.

Win!

Anime hyper *dies*
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Yes. That'll do. That'll do.
Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Karasuhebi wrote:
NightHedgehog wrote:
Gintama acknowledges the idea of seasons.

Yes, Japan uses the word "Seasons" but not for their TV-related stuff.

Actually, there are also broadcasting 'seasons.' January to March is the winter season, April to June is the Spring season, July to September is the Summer season, October to December is the fall season.

Quote:
-Karasuhebi

Your username is working just fine, by the way.

Lacan wrote:
News is some company making a Berserk2, Ippo finally getting new eps or Bleach getting canned (One can pray).

Everyone and their mothers knew the insane ammounts of viral marketing of Haru was getting a new season. Rolling Eyes

It's still news.
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I think that Japan uses the word "series" just like they do in England to refer to a a season...

Sort of like how Honey and Clover I and II aren't really sequels, they're just seperate seasons... OTOH, FMP and Fumoffu are different enough to be called seperate series.
roujin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that we're getting a second season of this. I thought the first one was entertaining but perhaps the overwhelming hype got to me and caused me to judge it as overrated. It's a very interesting world and the characters are great so i'm looking forward to once again being immersed in that world.
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:41 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

Actually, there are also broadcasting 'seasons.' January to March is the winter season, April to June is the Spring season, July to September is the Summer season, October to December is the fall season.

Yes, I'm well-aware of the seasons for TV. But as far as I know, the Japanese don't refer to them as seasons. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

HitokiriShadow wrote:

Your username is working just fine, by the way.

I always sign everything I post online, I'm just used to it. Sorry if it bothers you.

-Karasuhebi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mythus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quote
7/7/07 777 >< haruhi ftw win win win. please make it a 26 ep series. i can't go so long without haruhi. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quote
one word....happy.
Calculusman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote
mythus wrote:
7/7/07 777 >< haruhi ftw win win win. please make it a 26 ep series. i can't go so long without haruhi. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Only 26? lol
mythus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Calculusman wrote:
mythus wrote:

Only 26? lol

26 season at least, im not begging for much. just dont 14ep it. i would like there to be no end to this sensation. i demand more nyoron!
Calculusman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:43 pm Reply with quote
mythus wrote:
Calculusman wrote:
mythus wrote:

Only 26? lol

26 season at least, im not begging for much. just don't 14ep it. i would like there to be no end to this sensation. i demand more nyoron!

lol "Haruhi: Season 5. This season Haruhi and Kyon get married, and Haruhi give birth to Mikuru!" lmao
redemption2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote
It'll be another 13-14 episode series. They go by convention. If a first season is such a length, they'll keep it to that same length. Look at all the other sequel shows out there. Nanoha, A's, and Strikers. Rozen Maiden and Traumend, Emma and Emma Season 2, even Gundam Seed and Destiny. They all had mirroring lengths.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7