• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Netflix general discussion and save the anime thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zewerr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Success! Suzuka: Vol 2 and Black Cat: Vol 6 are now available.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
the_silent_child

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I moved suzuka to my #1 place.
CrockPot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:02 am Reply with quote
Hikaru No Go: Vol. 1 is in the land of the lost.
Zewerr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Alright, I had a few minutes to spare. So here's a current list of all the anime titles mentioned in this thread that are still currently not available:

Black Magic M-66
Blue Seed: Vol. 1: The Nightmare Begins
Boys Over Flowers: Vol. 11
Boys Over Flowers: Vol. 9
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040: Vol. 2
Carried by the Wind: Tsukikage Ran: Vol. 1
Ceres, Celestial Legend: Vol. 2: Disc 1
Ceres, Celestial Legend: Vol. 2: Disc 2
Death Note (as of now, all volumes)
Devil Lady: Vol. 2: The Becoming
Disgaea: Vol. 1: The Netherworld Prince
Excel Saga: Vol. 2: Missions Improbable
Full Metal Panic!: Mission 06
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka: Set 2: Vol. 7
GTO: Set 1: Vol. 1
GTO: Set 1: Vol. 2
GTO: Set 1: Vol. 3
GTO: Set 1: Vol. 4
GTO: Set 1: Vol. 5
Gasaraki: Vol. 6: Fires of War
Gasaraki: Vol. 8: To Be a Kai
Hikaru No Go: Vol. 1
His and Her Circumstances: Vol. 2
His and Her Circumstances: Vol. 4
His and Her Circumstances: Vol. 5
Hoop Days: Vol. 3: Zone 3
Irresponsible Captain Tylor: Disc 1
Jubei Chan Ninja Girl: Vol. 1
Jubei Chan Ninja Girl: Vol. 3
Jubei Chan Ninja Girl: Vol. 4
Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro
Macross 2: The Movie
Macross Plus
Martian Successor Nadesico: Vol. 5
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
Ninja Scroll: The Series: Vol. 2
Noir: Vol. 4: Death Warrant
Perfect Blue
RahXephon: Vol. 2: Tonal Pattern
Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Black Rose
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Vol. 1
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Vol. 4
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Vol. 5
Saiyuki: Vol. 3: Confronting Their Demons
Sky Blue
Steel Angel Kurumi: Vol. 4
Steel Angel Kurumi: Vol. 5
Tenchi Muyo GXP: Vol. 2: Academy Life
Tenchi Muyo GXP: Vol. 5: The Living Ship
Tenchi Universe: Vol. 7: Space III
Tenchi Universe: Vol. 8: The Last Battle
Transformers: Season 1
Transformers: Season 2: Part I
Transformers: Season 3: Part 1
Transformers: Season 3: Part 2/Season 4
Utawarerumono: Vol. 3: A Haunted Past
Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files: Vol. 11
Yu Yu Hakusho: Vol. 24
Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit: Disc 1
Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit: Disc 2
Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit: Disc 3
Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit: Disc 4
Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit: Disc 5
Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit: Disc 6
Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit: Disc 7

I guess I'll also list the live action films that were mentioned:

Battlefield Baseball
Bugmaster (Mushi-shi)
Death Note

Does anyone have any titles that's not currently in their catalog that they would like requested? I think I mentioned:

Initial D - Third Stage
Initial D - Fourth Stage

Last edited by Zewerr on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zewerr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Ah! My Goddess 2: Flights of Fancy: Vol. 1 ended up in my queue and out of my saved section with a "Very Long Wait" availability. When I click on it to go to the info site on the title, it says "Unavailable" or "N/A". I have never seen this before. I'm curious if you guys are able to add it to your queue.

EDIT: Nevermind, both the first and second discs are now available.
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I thought I'd resurrect this thread because Netflix didn't get volume 4 of BECK; nor do they even have it listed which is usually what they do when they decide they're not going to continue getting a series (see Coyote Ragtime). A request of the title on your part would be appreciated.
Zewerr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I always noticed that Netflix is kinda slow in getting new releases for anime's. But it does seem like they eventually get them. I think Beck and Coyote Ragtime are probably good examples of these. They're basically doing the same thing for .hack//Roots, School Rumble, Mushishi, Black Lagoon, and Tide-Line Blue. All of which I want to watch eventually. But I am checking these titles periodically, and I'm finding that they are slowly adding to them. They're just not distributing copies right when they're released for some reason. They did the same thing for Planetes, Zipang, and Fate/Stay Night, but now they have all the volumes for those.

I have at least added what they do have of them to my queue just to make sure they know that we're interested in the later volumes.

I should probably update my last list for what they have now gotten. I guess I'll do that after I post this.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:00 am Reply with quote
Well the few titles I have that are on save status (or very long wait) in my queue are Black Magic M-66, and Kunoichi: Deadly Mirage.
darksideoftheanime

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote
The only anime disk that Netflix has on a wait for me is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Vol.3 although it has improved. It's gone from a Long Wait to a Short Wait.
Mindphlux

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Netflix is my primary source for watching new anime as well, and I often notice they will be missing a volume, or an entire series that i'm interested in watching... sucks
Zewerr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I've added Black Magic M-66 to the list as well as my queue. Is Kunoichi on the top of your queue? I've noticed all the movies that were labelled "very long wait" usually only took no more than a week for it to finally be sent to me. The only exception to this that I know of is the final disc to Banner of the Stars II. It was on the #1 spot on my queue for about 3 months, before I finally got tired of waiting for it and just bought the disc.

I was able to get Haruhi Suzumiya volume 3 about a month ago. It actually was sent out as the next movie once it reach the top of my queue. I don't think you'll have a problem getting that one.

I've also edited my first post in this thread and added the entire list there so it'll be easy to find.
Zewerr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:22 pm Reply with quote
I just found another one that I want to watch that's not available. Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle: Vol. 2: Seeds of Revolution is now in my "saved" section.

I also found that the next volumn of Beck is also now available. Netflix just seems alittle slow in getting new anime releases, but it seems like if they start getting the first disc in a series, they'll eventually get the rest.

And darkside, I believe you said that you finally were able to get MoHS vol 3, correct?

EDIT: I also just ran into some more. Rune Soldier, I just found out takes place in the same realm as Record of Lodoss War and Legend of Crystania. Since I have seen both Lodoss series and both Crystania films/series, I kinda have to see this now, but the first 4 discs are not available. So I have added them to my saved section also.
shadysudowoodo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I am still waiting for Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny vol 11. It is one of the ones that are missing from the catalog.
Zewerr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:37 am Reply with quote
I have recently added the original Fist of the North Star TV series to my saved section and to the list on page 1, all of the discs. None of them are available (I wonder how the hell that happened). I've also added Vampire Hunter D to my saved section and the list. I still don't know why they don't have VHD: Bloodlust.

I also freed up alot of my queue space, so I'm able to add many more movies to my saved section if anyone has any to mention.

EDIT: Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle: Vol. 4: Between Death and Danger has just become available.
*kino_the_traveler*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:08 am Reply with quote
(I know this thread's a bit old, but I'll try anyway.)

Ergo Proxy volume 5 says "very long wait" in my queue, but I'm not sure if it's even possible to "save" this one...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 36