• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Purported Dragonball Trailer Screenshots Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:17 am Reply with quote
Piccolo looked pretty green to me... It looks like it was just the lighting that brightened him up. Sure, he isn't dark green, but as someone said earlier, it is probably before he got his youth back.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:36 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Daimao Raki wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Eh, really can't judge an entire movie on a couple random stills, I'll reserve my judgement until I see the actual trailer. Piccolo actually looks fine to me, he isn't dark green, but I wouldn't call that a normal flesh tone either. He also looks old which fits if that's what they're going for.

I'm still interested.

Emerje
That pic could be before Piccolo gets his youth back.

Exactly my thoughts. Depending on how the movie goes there'll be a younger and possibly darker skinned Piccolo to come.

Emerje

We also have unconfirmed reports of FOX not being too happy with some scenes with Piccolo, could it be the Daimao-ish Piccolo? We've yet to see, that could be why it's been taking this trailer so long, and it's not here yet.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:46 am Reply with quote
Why is the old vampire from Blade 3 in a Dragonball movie? Then again, maaaaaaaybe if they're going with old King Piccalo first, this almost makes sense. Yet he could have been older looking if they're doing that. Still, not holding my breath. I could swear Marsters said outright that Piccalo was green and all.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:27 am Reply with quote
o_o whatever, it looks good to me. I'm glad people who are crying out it's going to suck is NOT going to see the movie.

That means I don't have to punch any a**hole that decides to cry out fail in the theater.

Movie etiquette, always.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:02 am Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
o_o whatever, it looks good to me. I'm glad people who are crying out it's going to suck is NOT going to see the movie.

That means I don't have to punch any a**hole that decides to cry out fail in the theater.

Movie etiquette, always.

Yeah Im totally sure that is EXACTLY what you will do.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:47 am Reply with quote
Seems like the link is down.

EDIT: Just the Nerdorama link. The other one for the Dragonball Movie Blog is still up.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:05 am Reply with quote
loki:
Quote:
I say this because while it's nice for Piccolo to be green, it would only not look silly IN THEORY.

How would it be any sillier than Hulk or the Green Goblin? [Man. It's sad that I'm actually defending that Raimi version as being more faithful, too....]

Quote:

I want something that breaths new air into the franchise.

What franchise? The series has been done for over a decade now!

Quote:
I think if the characters can get the emotions and personalities of the characters down, I have no problem. I watch movies for good acting and messages.

Well, DBZ has neither of these things; and if it did, no one would watch it. Rolling Eyes

tyger:
Quote:

Hey, if you like the sound of crickets chirping at your theater, then be my guest! Laughing
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote
WHAT FRANCHISE!? Gee I don't know, the one that's been perpetually churning out video games, re-releases and world wide translations even before this Anime crap got huge? Bah I quit this bitch.
braves

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:06 am Reply with quote
Everybody looks good except for Piccolo. He looks like he's a white version of that purple bad guy from the first Power Rangers movie. I'm afraid I'm still going to see this movie, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MrVince

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quote
I can't stop laughing at the hawaiian shirt.

Is it just me or does the movie depiction of piccolo look more like garlic junior?
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:22 pm Reply with quote
MrVince wrote:
I can't stop laughing at the hawaiian shirt.

Is it just me or does the movie depiction of piccolo look more like garlic junior?
He hella looks like garlic Jr.

Man,they could have at least had Roshi wear the trademark turtleshell or his sunglasses,something.Roshi is the damn perverted turtle hermit for **** sake.It's like a big budgeted bootleg from china. Laughing
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
tidusora wrote:
The only thing that pisses me off is the poster (because it doesn't even look related to Dragon Ball), but Emmy Rossum (Bulma) is just too hot. Very Happy

It isn't unusual these days for there to be multiple posters that spotlight specific characters or factions. I'm sure there'll be a Goku poster and probably a Piccolo poster as well.

Shadowrun20XX wrote:

Man,they could have at least had Roshi wear the trademark turtleshell or his sunglasses,something.Roshi is the damn perverted turtle hermit for **** sake.It's like a big budgeted bootleg from china. Laughing

It's one still from a full length movie. It's not like the shell and sunglasses were glued to him, we saw him more without the shell than with it. I have a little faith that they'll give him his sunglasses in a few scenes, but "realistically" you wouldn't wear sunglasses in a poorly lit space.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kibou_no_seigi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Man, I know I'm gonna go watch it anyway. I just hope the characters stay the same personality wise, goku being carefree/ bulma a ditz/ etc..
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Once again: if i didn't go into the pics knowing what is was, I would have thought Piccolo was somebody else.

Personally, he looks like Frieza. if he was trying to be Frieza I'd be all over it. But he's not. Fail.

It still looks bad. :sigh:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Emerje:Roshi wears the glasses so that girls can't catch him peeking,and damn it,my man Tequila knows how to rock some shades.

kibou_no_seigi wrote:
Man, I know I'm gonna go watch it anyway. I just hope the characters stay the same personality wise, goku being carefree/ bulma a ditz/ etc..
Goku is a college student and It looked like bulma was sneaking around in one of the scenes.It's just like the series.

britannicamoore wrote:
Once again: if i didn't go into the pics knowing what is was, I would have thought Piccolo was somebody else.

Personally, he looks like Frieza. if he was trying to be Frieza I'd be all over it. But he's not. Fail.

It still looks bad. :sigh:
What about the letterbox views an the Flintstones backdrop.These don't get you excited?

I'm still going to see this.Maybe just for the fan reaction. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5