• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toradora! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:10 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Earth_Wyrm wrote:
More importantly, why was she making jingly noises when she was rolling? Laughing

You can get toys for babies that make that sort of noise when they roll along the floor like she did. IIRC the one I'm thinking of is shaped like an apple..

Yeah, I used to work at a daycare and we had baby toys like that. I think it's supposed to be a joke about how "cute" and "doll-like" she's supposed to be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Angel_White_Wings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:08 am Reply with quote
Wow, so many people who did not like Shana.

I'm one of the die-hard fans of Shakugan no Shana.
So, this is on my list! Smile

Just thought I would express my joy.
Razz Very Happy Laughing

Alright, I'm good. xD
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I found shana to be annoying after a while. But this just is great
Psyco13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote
i didn't find shana annoying i just didn't enjoy the story of that show but this ones funny i am enjoying it; I've watched this episode twice i might watch it again Razz
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote
I did read some of the manga and the anime seems to be following fairly well. There is a part that's not in the anime where takasu describes aisaka as beautiful and says that his heart is beating and taiga is shown as running through the classroom and that's why the desks all got knocked over. Oh and a lot more scenes with minori too.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
I did read some of the manga and the anime seems to be following fairly well.

The original source is a light novel, isn't it?
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quote
yes but I couldn't get a hold of that translated so I can only go by what's in the manga Smile
Psyco13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quote
i watched it raw but i only got a jist of it they think Aisaka and Ruiji are going out and everyone is happy for them but later on Aisaka confesses her love to the other guy and i'm guessing he says you love Ruiji more again this is me trying to learn Japanese without an actual class Razz so i don't know if any of this is true Razz
Riah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote
Psyco13 wrote:
i watched it raw but i only got a jist of it they think Aisaka and Ruiji are going out and everyone is happy for them but later on Aisaka confesses her love to the other guy and i'm guessing he says you love Ruiji more again this is me trying to learn Japanese without an actual class Razz so i don't know if any of this is true Razz

Kitamura says that she makes 'funny faces' when she talks about Ryuji. Smile He didn't say that she loved him or anything, but he did imply stuff~ it was a pretty cute scene.
Psyco13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:08 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[well my thoughts on the last scene where she says that she won't give up on Kitamura i think she just said that to him because she was shy; i know think that she does like Ruiji haha and kitamura saying what he said might have helped your thoughts?]

I also enjoyed the second episode more so than the first because it actually show's progression in their relationship even if it's a little some anime don't show it till like the last few episodes Anime cry example being Sazuka
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I really love this show. It's really charming and has anyone noticed that the creators of the show managed to create a good tsundere show without loads of fan service Wink (besides aisaka's cuteness anyway)
Key

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I thought the first episode showed potential, but this second episode - wow. That was one of the best and most affecting episodes of any anime I've seen all year. How rare is it for a romantic comedy to completely step outside of the bounds of normal formula restrictions and build a relationship in the way episode 2 does with Aisaka and Ryuji? This is a relationship I can feel and respect, and the music does a perfect job of supporting it. The spoiler[post-kicking] scene was a particular highlight and probably marks the moment that this series totally won me over.

If you weren't sure about this series after having seen the first episode, definitely see the second before you make up your mind about it. You won't regret it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agoston

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Wow, episode 2 was just.. amazing, I've never seen an anime that's had so much emotion in only the second episode. The spoiler[ lamppost kicking and the ending were great. ] And does anyone else love the OP?
Riah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quote
I just read the manga, and the spoiler[lamp-kicking scene] was done way better! Now I'm kinda disappointed, I wish they did it that way. Confused
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Wow, what I least expected, rapid character development that totally steps outside the boundaries of the other JC Staff/Kugimiya Rie shows and breaks out of the tsun tsun hell almost for good already. I approve. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 64