• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Berserk (TV 1997).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:20 am Reply with quote
while I still didn't watch it I found this site. http://www.ex.org/4.6/20-anime_bluesubmarine.html

Copyright © 1998 Ozawa Satoru/Bandai Visual / Toshiba EMI / GONZO
Based on the comic by: Ozawa Satoru
Director: Maeda Mahiro
Mechanical Design: Kawamori Shoji, Maeda Mahiro, Yamashita Ikuto
Character Design: Murata Range, Kusanagi Takuhito

This is what it states to the far left of the website...Based on the comic by:Ozawa Satoru.

Then I decided to check here at ANN.com. It also comfirms this Original Manga: Satoru Ozawa.

Do I still have to go look at the dvd...I don't think so (not going to waste my time because I believe my point was well brought out and Steve guess what it was based on a manga.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hagakure|returns

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote
VHD Bloodlust isn't a the sequel to the original D. It's basically a different story than the original. I don't think you would say the Ahh My Goddess TV is the sequel to the Ahh My Goddess OVA.
There's no continueing story, and that's what I'm refering to when talking about with Berserk.

Also VHD are movies, we're talking about tv series, not movies or OVA for that matter. Movies and OVA are totally different stories.
Lagatcy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:22 am Reply with quote
Isnt this a Berserk Topic? Well Back to the Berserk Sequal Idea. I think They Should Definiatley make a Sequal or maybey two since the manga is pretty long. I'm a Huge Berserk fan My number One favorite. so I would say yes of course. But the Manga is Doing well And since they dont show everything On the anime some fans may not be interested after finisheg the anime.
Alchemist449

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:42 am Reply with quote
Lagatcy wrote:
Isnt this a Berserk Topic? Well Back to the Berserk Sequal Idea. I think They Should Definiatley make a Sequal or maybey two since the manga is pretty long. I'm a Huge Berserk fan My number One favorite. so I would say yes of course. But the Manga is Doing well And since they don't show everything On the anime some fans may not be interested after finisheg the anime.

I think both of you need to here this:
THERE IS NO AND NEVER WILL BE ANY PLANS TO MAKE ANY MORE BERSERK. LIVE WITH IT!
By the way am I the only one that found the post flashback material? It was just waaaaay too reliant on shock horror for me to not place it in the same group as the Saw movies.
Lagatcy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:53 am Reply with quote
Please, Alchemist449, Tell me why there "will" Never be a second season of berserk? and Im just saying there could be a second season I never said that there would be one for sure. So before you start yelling about anything tell us how you figured out there wont be any Berserk animes in the future?
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:01 am Reply with quote
hagakure|returns wrote:
VHD Bloodlust isn't a the sequel to the original D. It's basically a different story than the original. I don't think you would say the Ahh My Goddess TV is the sequel to the Ahh My Goddess OVA.
There's no continueing story, and that's what I'm refering to when talking about with Berserk.

Also VHD are movies, we're talking about tv series, not movies or OVA for that matter. Movies and OVA are totally different stories.

As far as you tv series and movies comment....If you read my post accurately I was stating reason for why or how a new sequel would come out. Because he was stating the anime was outdated and I was just giving an example of anime (regardless of a show or movie it's still ANIME) could be brought back into a sequel. And then of course Steve was trying to prove me otherwise about the sequel point and the bluesubmarine no.6. Which he was 100% wrong for the bluesubmarine no.6 and you can argue all you want about bloodlust not being a sequel because I'll still call it a sequel because it's 1000 years after what happen in the first movie, he's still doing what he was doing in the first...hunt vampires plus at the end of the first film he goes riding off what happens in the next film he comes wondering in, while it may not a be a direct continuation (and when I say direct continuation I mean it doesn't start right where it left off in the first film there are still gaps..) of the first film it's still a story that comes after what happened in the first film.... Is that not what you want with Beserk??? I never saw the show but does it end with a bad guy dying or does it complete the story? because if it completed the story then the next show wouldn't count as a sequel even if the events take place even a couple years after the show...because that's the definition I'm getting from you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Alchemist449

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote
Lagatcy wrote:
Please, Alchemist449, Tell me why there "will" Never be a second season of berserk? and Im just saying there could be a second season I never said that there would be one for sure. So before you start yelling about anything tell us how you figured out there wont be any Berserk animes in the future?

Maybe I overreacted, but these threads pop up too often and are always end the same way. At best you have a 10% chance of more Beserk. Another thing that annoys me is that we have a search button on the side bar that is never used.
Again I apollogize for my rude comment.
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:34 am Reply with quote
Alchemist449 wrote:
Lagatcy wrote:

Maybe I overreacted, but these threads pop up too often and are always end the same way. At best you have a 10% chance of more Beserk. Another thing that annoys me is that we have a search button on the side bar that is never used.
Again I apollogize for my rude comment.

There's a search button? Huh...never saw that before...I'll be sure to use that next time I'm looking for something.
SilverZephyr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone who replied here! I'll stay hopeful for an anime *sequel Wink and I'll give the manga a look in the mean time!

Thanks all!

SilverZephyr
SilverZephyr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote
well, i found the SEARCH button on the sidebar, so i'll know where to look in the future. lol

as far as what qualifies as a "sequel"... i was looking for info on anything that would give me more Berserk!!! sequal, video game, manga, whatever! i think Berserk is a cool, unique anime that appeals to both the combat-loving, and plot-loving sides of all of us, and i want more! the end of the series obviousely left room for a continuation of somekind, and i can't imagine that a series that has had such success (and ends with such an open plot) would just die! i'm hopeful for the next instalment in the world of Berserk! (no matter what it may be)

thanks again to all who replied!
SilverZephyr
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Now, I do NOT believe this rumour, but I wanted to toss it up for discussion.

Somewhere on the internet, from some unreliable source, some dork said that Kentarou Miura would allow more Berserk anime to be produced after he finishes the Kushan War arc in the manga.

BS, I'm sure, but has anyone else heard about this?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:02 am Reply with quote
Believe it about as much as there's going to be a second season of Fullmetal Alchemist.

I'll believe it when I see it on the homepages of ANN and Right Stuf.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:21 am Reply with quote
Let me get back to you on this I'll ask one of my friends in Japan.
jousha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:53 am Reply with quote
JoshuaStChristopher wrote:
Kentarou Miura would allow more Berserk anime to be produced

(bold added)

I didn't realize he wasn't allowing more to be produced; I always thought that the company just ended up not making a second season. Is there information somewhere about Miura's unwillingness to have it reproduced as an anime?

But yeah, I'm not sure I buy it. There's so much material to work with already and I think the anime was made mainly to push the manga--especially considering its ending.
Alucalb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:51 am Reply with quote
Bah, if I had a buck for every stupid rumour of a second season that pops up, I'd fund an army to sack the home towns of the losers who start those rumours.

Maybe after Miura finishes the manga completely, there'll be a new anime, hopefully an uncensored OAV series that adapts the manga in its entirety (heh, that'd probably take over thirty DVDs).

Last edited by Alucalb on Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10