• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass to Air on America's Adult Swim in Spring

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AutoGyro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:31 pm Reply with quote
If they wanted another mecha series, they should've went for Full Metal Panic...but that's just me.
luhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I dunno, CG doesn't seem like a very "adult" show to me, Nina's antics notwithstanding. It was more like dopey fun or a guilty pleasure. Well, we'll see how it goes down with the audience.

And is Johnny Yong Bosch the new Steve Blum?
AutoGyro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
This announcement brought to you by Pizza Hut!!!

Ya, that will probably be changed like Geneon did with Lupin the 3rd, Secret of Mamo...
Shigi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Um, MH Knights, it would probably be best if you marked your question as a spoiler? That's what the button is for.
Senna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I honestly think Bosch is not deep enough for Lelouch. Jun Fukuyama (Lulu's seiyuu) gave him a deep and sexy voice, especially when Lulu was dressed up as Zero. As for Yuri Lowenthal as Suzaku ... that'll be fun to listen to; it may even make me like Suzaku more, as Yuri's become one of my favorite dub actors (though I don't watch very many dubs ...). But both have proven themselves to be talented actors, so we'll see how it goes.

(Anyone else think "Guy and Luke?!" upon hearing this news, or am I the only Tales of the Abyss fangirl here?)

Also, merch merch merch! I don't think I'll be able to resist whatever junk Bandai markets for this series.
Clodus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote
i actually wanted Crispin Freeman to play as lelouch but Bosch isnt bad either. man he's been getting some major roles lately
hurray on the CG confirmation! i already told a couple friends about it and they are excited to see it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote
They got the manga, drool............. i've been itching to read them, bandai's been winning major points lately, looks like they'll be joining TRSI at my top tier anime companies soon(since geneon is gone now).

-Gabe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Now I finally have a reason to go back watching [AS]! Good choice, Adult Swim! It fits right in with their style. Smile

Shigi wrote:
Um, MH Knights, it would probably be best if you marked your question as a spoiler? That's what the button is for.

Agreed. That's the biggest freaking spoiler in the whole series so I can imagine a person who hasn't watched Code Geass to be rightfully pissed off seeing that. It's the ultimate Romeo-killed-Tybalt plot twist for the show.

It better be edited soon...
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Man, I was worried that they would choose Bosch to play Lulu since he seems to be a favorite when it comes to playing the leading role. He sounded great as Vash and Koizomi, but Lelouch sounds cold and relaxed and I doubt that he'll sound right to me with Bosch's voice.

Now I'm worried who they will cast as Mao, another one of my favorite characters, since I think it's difficult to find someone who sounds even similar to him.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually quite intrigued to hear Bosch as Lelouch. The rest of the cast seems spot-on in terms of casting (James Lyon could have made a pretty intimidating Emperor, but McConnohie is just as suitable). Though initially, one would think that that sort of role is too deep-toned for him considering his voice, but I've been surprised before (Brad Swaile in The SoulTaker comes to mind). "Kiba" was the lowest I've heard Bosch go, but it's not out of the realm of possibility for him to reach the sort of style that Fukuyama employed for the role. Either way, it'll be a stark departure from Eureka Seven's Renton (which, ironic in this case, showed how versatile he was). Also, it's nice to see Taniguchi have a hand in selecting the cast.

As for the show's description, it seems very off from what it actually is about. For the amount and types of merchandising they are bring in, I hope it Geass will do well (though I am glad to see the literature coming--E7-like SE DVD pack-ins?)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Man, I'm so freaking jealous. Though, good news for those living in America...
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Ah .... crap. JYB as Lelouch? I love Mr. Bosch and all, but I really think that's a terrible miscast. His voice just doesn't fit the character at all, as it is is too high in pitch. Yuri or even Liam would have been a better choice.

Let's just hope that Johnny will surprise everyone (although I very much doubt that) ....

calawain wrote:
Kate Higgins and CC is a great fit ...

I agree. Kate is perfect~ Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
soupcan58

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I'll give Johnny a shot, he may pull it off big time. The rest of the cast I like as well. Really, a great cast list, but what I wanna know is, where's Orange-kun?!
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote
luhead wrote:
And is Johnny Yong Bosch the new Steve Blum?

yeah, pretty much. i remember he did a lot of bit parts post Trigun, but after Bleach, he just blew up.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quote
Awesome! Any show of the 14+ Johnny has the lead role in/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6