• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Muv-Luv: Schwarzesmarken (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:56 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Wow, everyone automatically takes the precaution that his sister is really likely a spy. I did not expect that level of awareness. And it makes the characters feel smarter.

SO the girl with the glasses job is to make them look great, right? So she makes some mistakes, and then realises that East Germany might not be that good after all with what the others can do.

On Laser class, isn't that what the metal cloud is for? It disrupts their longer range communications but also breaks up the laser class sight a bit. It did look like the laser class were causing damage to some ships, but the East Germans were not too afraid of it as they were mostly out of the way, so we can assume the real trouble with them was handled by the other nations.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:14 pm Reply with quote
In some related news, the Muv-Luv Kickstarter has announced that the Schwarzesmarken game demo (along with the Yui prequel VN for TE) will get translated using all that extra money that was raised. Hopefully there'll be enough interest and we'll get the full VN someday.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
They're always going on "laserjagd." I'm no expect on German but I can guess what that means.

If you guessed "laser hunt", then you are correct.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Wow, everyone automatically takes the precaution that his sister is really likely a spy. I did not expect that level of awareness. And it makes the characters feel smarter.

I liked that too; especially since Katia was included. She's less naive than she first appears.

Theo petting Katia was really cute. The girls teasing Theo about his taste in women was pretty funny. Anime hyper

EW the BETA are so gross. Anime hyper

EmbraceMe wrote:
My only complaint about the episode is the Comrade Lieutenant's decisions; she's quite rash and isn't considerate of her allies' opinions. It makes me dislike her a bit.

I can relate. After a while, it was like "shut up and listen to Irisdina". lol
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
EW the BETA are so gross. Anime hyper

Most people tend to liken them to other insect based aliens but they're actually designed after various sex organs.

I've been thinking about it, and there is that interesting contrast between humans and the BETA. Humanity is constantly infighting and backstabbing themselves while the BETA work as a unified whole to the point that using BETA corpses as shields is a viable strategy because BETA won't attack other BETA.

Kinda weird to say, but maybe humanity should try to be more like the BETA.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote
THAT'S EVEN MORE GROSS. I so didn't need to know that, man. Anime hyper

......however, if memory serves me correctly, this isn't the only anime that models aliens after......those. I don't remember the title but I think it was an old OVA or movie of some sorts. But it's pretty unmistakable.

Lol Japan why.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Because actual penises and stuff must be censored, but if they're monsters with tentacles that resemble that stuff, it's okay.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh yes, I know all about that....but you'd expect them to limit that stuff to hentai, not.....gritty shows about war with mecha. Anime hyper
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
but you'd expect them to limit that stuff to hentai, not.....gritty shows about war with mecha. Anime hyper

Weeeeeeeeeell... Laughing

Yeah, Muv Luv was originally a hentai game.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh.

Yep, that does explain a lot. Anime hyper
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Brief overview:

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien aka Rumbling Hearts - Hentai game. Has an anime.

Akane Maniax - Non-hentai game. Has an anime. Sequel to KimiNozo, majority of Muv-Luv cast have cameos.

Muv-Luv - Hentai game. High school kid, bunch of girls, you know the drill.

Muv-Luv Unlimited - Hentai game. Same high school kid wakes up in alternative universe where humanity is at war with the BETA. No BETA actually appear.

Muv-Luv Alternative - Hentai game but only has two h-scenes (one of which is intentionally disturbing). Kid time loops at end of Unlimited and starts over with his memories in tact. Works to change the future. BETA don't appear until many hours into the game.

Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse - Spin off light novel that takes place before Unlimited/Alternative. Made into a non-h visual novel.

Schwarzesmarken - Spin off light novel that takes place before Total Eclipse. Made into non-h visual novel.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

I didn't like what the West were doing at first BUT it looks like they worked out after all especially at the end.

Theodor's determination was a sight to see, he almost died though if it wasn't for the West helping them. So I guess in the end, they were able to put their differences aside this time and fight against the BETA. Is it just me or does Lise seem kinda odd during that fight? (minus the part where she tried to help her brother).

Oh and of course Beatrix had to shoot someone again...every time I see her with a captive, I get the feeling of that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Is it just me or does Lise seem kinda odd during that fight? (minus the part where she tried to help her brother).

Not just you. When they were talking about ignoring orders to help the others she had a dark expression on her face compared to the rest of the team. She almost caused Theodor to say too much as well. Definitely can't let your guard down around her.

Shit always gets real when those Fort Class show up. Got a pretty intense battle out of it, more so than any I remember seeing in Total Eclipse. It's nice everyone was able to work together but for how long?

Even if humanity ever won against the BETA, what would these countries do once they lost their common enemy?

Oh, and Katia dear, it's no use getting jealous of Theodor staring at Irisdina's chest. There's no way you can win in that arena Laughing
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Is it just me or does Lise seem kinda odd during that fight? (minus the part where she tried to help her brother).

The presentation is great, the characters are at least weary of Lise but at the same time they aren't sure if it is because she is "new to the squad" or is in fact a double agent.

For us as the audience, the show is pretty much outright telling us Lise is going to betray them with her "gloomy pilot seat shot" in some manner and soon.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I think the most interesting part of the episode was the third wave of BETA attacks and the mention of how they can adapt to attacks. Actually, this is what I think this show does a lot better than Total Eclipse -- showing how formidable of an enemy the BETA really are. The power of the Fortress Class, Laser Class, etc. are no joke. Not that it was lacking in TE but TE was more mecha-focus than BETA fighting. In addition, I don't remember Fortress Class being in TE.

Vaisaga wrote:

Even if humanity ever won against the BETA, what would these countries do once they lost their common enemy?

Have the pilots re-enroll into high school and make some political propaganda out of a romantic love comedy, of course!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10