• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Flying Witch (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
There's no "healing" genre here in ANN, though I guess there's "iyashikei", but even there there are shows I find really good and shows I find really boring, so dismissing a tag like that is kinda too far.

All genres of anime have both good and bad examples. However, if you simply don't like the entire genre you are going to be put off by an example no matter how good it is. One of the nice things about anime is that it is so varied that you can simply ignore specific types of show and still have plenty to watch.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I still would never tell people to pass on Natsume Yuujinchou or Usagi Drop if they just found flying witch boring.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about Natsume Yuujinchou but by the 2nd (or 3rd) episode of Bunny Drop I was hooked. Rated it 11/11, as a matter of fact!
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:55 am Reply with quote
It would never have occurred to me to classify Natsume or Bunny Drop that way, though now that you mention it I can see where others might. In both cases there are difficulties to overcome and some drama, albeit slight. Natsume even has an ongoing plot though it takes a while to get moving. Flying Witch however moves on without any conflict or more than minor setbacks. Humor in the show is very low key. As much as I love the show, I can see it not being for everyone.

That said, I can't think of any series that has not shown its colors six episodes in. If by that time you find you still are not hooked, you might as well drop the show. There is too much anime out there to take time watching shows you don't like just because you started them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5