• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Macross Frontier.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was quite neat how the Next Episode preview paid homage to the closer of the original SDF Macross, which also showed live footage of a hand flipping through a scrapbook filled with pictures of the anime characters. Also loved the homage paid with the new song.

As for the plot? A couple of big twists, one expected, one not. spoiler[I agree that Alto almost certainly is not dead - I don't think the writers would have the balls to do that - but it was an excellent set-up for the final episode.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ntsan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if they would link birdman to varja on last episode.
bacondreamer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:21 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
.... the last 10 minutes of 24 was just incredible. [spoiler]Ranka singing Do You Remember Love, while everything was getting destroyed was just epic......::snip!::[spoiler]

spoiler[That scene also reminds me of the final battle against Sharon Apple in Macross Plus, a giant hologram with crap shooting out to all directions, except this time it's not the SDF-1...Full of win!!]
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quote
A few more hints for the result of the love triangle even though it has been utterly lopsided since 15.

spoiler[Alto in 23 - I won't run away anymore.
Michael and Klan's example/advice is "Don't leave things unsaid"
Alto in 24 - Sheryl, I will return. When the fight is over, I’ll definitely return. That’s all I want to say. People can’t fly alone, they wont be able to take off. I understand that now
Alto's call sign in episode 24 is now sagittarius-1 instead of Skull-3, in episode 22 when he was piloting the Vf-171 EX it was still Skull 3.
Iteza Gogo Kuji Don’t be late —> Sagittarius 9pm. Don’t be late
Sagittarius constellation shows in the Sheryl Aimo eyecatch for episode 18.]

abynormal wrote:
And don't get me started on that...thing in the previews!

Haha! You gotta admit I created quite a stir on AS when I posted that pic from the next ep preview XD
abynormal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:36 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:

abynormal wrote:
And don't get me started on that...thing in the previews!

Haha! You gotta admit I created quite a stir on AS when I posted that pic from the next ep preview Anime hyper

If you were standing here beside me you'd be getting a shoryuken to the teeth for that!
Ikari1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quote
What is this 'thing' you talk of. Im not sure I've seen it yet.
paksman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quote
I think Alto spoiler[bailed out his plane as he circled behind that huge wreckage as klan engaged brera. he then autopilots his plane and purposely get it owned really good by brera as to deceive everyone so he can descend somehow unnoticed on the central spiral thingy to save ranka and get out somehow... without a plane...] talk about a half baked plan.
abynormal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:27 pm Reply with quote
paksman wrote:
I think Alto bailed out his plane as he circled behind that huge wreckage as klan engaged brera. he then autopilots his plane and purposely get it owned really good by brera as to deceive everyone so he can descend somehow unnoticed on the central spiral thingy to save ranka and get out somehow... without a plane... talk about a half baked plan.

Alto would fit right in at the Gurren Brigade.
Ikari1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:52 pm Reply with quote
@paksman

Is it too much to ask for the sake of other members that haven't yet seen that episode you spoil, that you use your commen sense and add spoiler tags to the post that will possibly ruin the suspence of said series for certain people?

No offence but use your noddle and think of others before you post dude. I've already had one series ruined in this way for me recently I'd rather not have macross spoiled for me in the future.

Any way just add spoiler tags and we will be all good Smile

spoiler[As it stands i do think he ejected before the explosion was shown on screen. I dont hink he planned it to end that way but i do think his old VF25 will come back to play a part as abynornmal said in an earleier post. ]
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Finally saw ep.24 as well. Quite a lot of exposition at first, then the buildup to the finale.
spoiler[I'm not sure what to think of the love triangle at the moment. All of them seem like they might die before the end.
I'm still hoping that at least Ranka survives and there will be peace with the Vajra.

If Sheryl is indeed the daughter of Mao Nome, does that mean she has the same special powers as the Nome sisters showed in Zero?

Oh, the scene at the beginning of the ep., where Brera throws Ranka into an escape pod, did that remind anyone else of Gene's recurrent flashbacks in Outlaw Star?

The guy to the left/behind Alto in the shot with all the NUNS pilots listening to Leon's speech in the hangar, he looked a lot like one of those two rookie pilots in SDF (or was it 7?).

So, after going back to Gallia-4, the SMS crew decided to attack the Vajra? Then they would be fighting alongside the Frontier folks.
Btw, where did they suddenly get all those extra planes and pilots from? For most of the series the SMS folks have been the only ones doing battle.

Fingers crossed too for Luca, Nanase, Brera, Nene, and Klan. Grace and Leon should die, painfully.]
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Sheryl would be Mao's granddaughter, not daughter. The woman in the picture is Mao's daughter.]
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quote
*does the math* 1999.. 2059.. 17 years old.. about 14 years old.. Ah, I guess you're right.
bacondreamer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:07 am Reply with quote
Just watched 25......oh you've got to be kidding me.......
Ikari1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quote
I have also just watched 25. I was grinning from beggining to end and the subs are not even out yet.

Honestly though, my jaw hit the floor.
Lucan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 25 is like

They really threw everything into the budget of this episode.

spoiler[Dual Song remixes, "MACROSS ATTACK" (and that punch followed by Battle Frontier is PURE AWESOME), p.s. galaxy got owned

oh... and did you guys see the image inside that huge dude's ring? I think its Minmei?]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 45 of 49