• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Dark Sols: Prepare to Crowdfund Edition

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote
_V_ wrote:

In short, my reaction to Rebuild 3?

"My interest in Evangelion is dead." [/b]

It isn't exactly what you expected?? Quick throw it in the trash!!
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
_V_ wrote:

Does that mean you'll stop talking about it?
_V_

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
_V_ wrote:

"My interest in Evangelion is dead."

Does that mean you'll stop talking about it?

(What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger...)

Smile
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
The original Eva Series was effectively an ensemble work with Shinji and Misato as the main leads, Rei and Asuka may have been prominent but there story lines were not nearly as extensive or significant to the main story as Misato's vendetta against the angels and Shinji's overly drawn out angst.

This seems to be the common complaint in regards to the rebuild is that "character X, who was a prominent character, didn't get there backstory fleshed out!"

I recall reading an interview with Anno while developing the second movie, he noted something on along the lines that he wanted to shift the focus of the movie to become Shinji's story and his strained, sometimes openly conflicting relationship with his father.
Just based on this line of thinking, the decision to continue the trend of a Shinji focussed narrative the third movie presentation makes sense in context at least for what I got out of it.
chronoclast

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
varmintx wrote:
chronoclast wrote:
K-On Season 2 Part 1 - JP track of episode 11 has the same audio problem as Kids
I have the first pressing of this disc, but I watched the dub since I had already watched the sub. I just scanned through episode 11 of the Japanese track, but it certainly doesn't have the same issue as KotS with there only being audio coming from the left channel the entire time. Are you sure it was that episode?

I'm somewhat wrong about that one. The JP track for episode 11 was reported to sound muffled and louder than the other episodes. Not the same audio issue as Kids but an issue none the less.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?17681-K-On!-Season-2-Collection-1-Japanese-audio-issue-(episode-11)
varmintx

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
chronoclast wrote:
I'm somewhat wrong about that one. The JP track for episode 11 was reported to sound muffled and louder than the other episodes. Not the same audio issue as Kids but an issue none the less.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?17681-K-On!-Season-2-Collection-1-Japanese-audio-issue-(episode-11)
Thanks.
NeySnow

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Man, Tezuka is on board with anime sols. I would pledge to a lot of those... Damn them for not at least giving the option for international users to pledge, even if they can't watch the series on there... Its stupid, I don't see a reason why they can't do international shipping.
Dfens

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:41 pm Reply with quote
The one thing about anime sols I was wondering what if people initially pledge money for said show and then change their minds. What happens are they still billed and tough luck or can people back out?

So say people can retract their pledge now the 2-3 month fund raiser is over and the people that backed now have caused the goal to fall short, does that mean the product is canceled?

That is the major problem I see, people change their minds all the time and I expect for various reasons that their will be people that will flake.

It's a nice idea but the shows in question are even too old for me so I doubt that you will see me personally supporting them. Not because I don't believe it has a chance of working but all the shows that I want are too new or very hard to get the license to.
Quark

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Oh good, so we'll never have to hear your opinion on that series ever again, for the rest of your internet life. There's no way you were being facetious.

How I wish this site had a 'like' button. I'd have liked the hell out of this comment.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:03 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Oh good, so we'll never have to hear your opinion on that series ever again, for the rest of your internet life. There's no way you were being facetious.

Man, I entirely missed that _V_ had given up his interest in Evangelion. I guess I have to go out back and do a Snoopy happy dance.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote
The biggest problem with 3.33 is that despite it's immense action pieces, it's actually a very small movie. The only character that you couldn't take out of this movie is Shinji. And probably Kaworu. The other characters are completely interchangeable. Asuka, Mari, Misato, Ritsuko, Rei, everyone else is pretty much just scenery. They add nothing to the story. I don't think Asuka gets any more than five or six lines the entire movie, and all of them short.

All the big, wiggy visuals feel just sort of there. Nothing feels like anything significant is occurring. It's very "eh, been there, done that". The second movie completely blows this one away in visuals, themes, and plot. This doesn't build on that story, it deflates it, if anything.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote
The only problem I have with Anime Sols is like Manga.com amd Anime Network I am locked out of because I live in Puerto Rico Sad
taster of pork

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I WANT EVA 3.0, NOW!! Does the import have english subs?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
_V_ wrote:

It isn't exactly what you expected?? Quick throw it in the trash!!

You expect someone who took their identity from V to have interesting opinions on things?
karenai_hana

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
As far as the Flowers of Evil OP is concerned, Justin is right that the first three episodes are the Kasuga version of the opening, while the forth episode starts the Nakamura version. From what I've checked, it's not the characters' voice actors actually singing them, but they do change the singer.

Not only do they change the singer, the lyrics are different too, judging from the songwriting credits.

Titles and vocalists for the four different versions of the OP:

"Aku no Hana -Kasuga Takao-" Vocals: Noko (from the band Shinsei Kamattechan)
"Aku no Hana -Nakamura Sawa-" Vocals: Goto Mariko (vocalist of the band Midori (disbanded), now solo)
"Aku no Hana -Saeki Nanako-" Vocals: Nanba Shiho
"Aku no Hana -Kiryū City, Gunma-" Vocals: Shinosaki Asako (from the band uchu-jin)

http://www.starchild.co.jp/artist/uchu-jin/news/#n21
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10