• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Build-A-Ninja Sweepstakes!

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Osaka-neechan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm asking this with a sinking heart, because I have a feeling I already know what the answer is going to be from lurking around the Internet, but PLEASE (pleasepleasepleaseplease) correct me if I'm wrong (because I'm thinking it doesn't have what most hardcore fans want it to, including me), anyone: Does the Naruto No. 1 DVD being released in English have Japanese with English subtitles? I probably know, but what the heck, I asked...

I entered the contest too, and at least I can the try in winning for the other stuff. Hey, Clash of Ninja and Ninja Council prizes makes a good picture in my head. Smile

Since I'm guessing the DVD won't have Japanese with English subtitles, I'll probably take a hike to our Chinatown and buy a Chinese and Japanese with "Engrish" subtitles (my computer is stuck in Medieval periods in the land of Dial-up and not cooporating with BitTorrent or any of that). Much better than nothing. But hey, if ANYbody wants to confirm otherwise...

Last edited by Osaka-neechan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Osaka-neechan wrote:
I'm asking this with a sinking heart, because I have a feeling I already know what the answer is going to be from lurking around the Internet, but PLEASE (pleasepleasepleaseplease) correct me if I'm wrong: Does the Naruto No. 1 DVD being released in English have Japanese with English subtitles? I probably know, but what the heck, I asked...

If it doesn't...oh well...I entered the contest, and I can always go for the other stuff, anyway... *sigh* Hey, Clash of Ninja and Ninja Council won't go wrong with me. Smile

No, this is the dubbed release. The uncut DVDs don't come out until this summer.
Osaka-neechan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Thanks...all right, I can wait till summer! XO ...Best time, really...

Sorry for the edit-post... Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Now since I'm all about sportsmanship, and seeing as how the deadline for this contest is only a few hours away, I'd like to say good luck to all competitors in the competition.

I'd also like to say thanks again to Zac, the ANN Editor, for giving so much help to all the competitors. I'd also like to thank him even more for extending the deadline to tonight in order to give people more time to do their work, and make the outcome of this contest even closer.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:46 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
Now since I'm all about sportsmanship, and seeing as how the deadline for this contest is only a few hours away, I'd like to say good luck to all competitors in the competition.

I'd also like to say thanks again to Zac, the ANN Editor, for giving so much help to all the competitors. I'd also like to thank him even more for extending the deadline to tonight in order to give people more time to do their work, and make the outcome of this contest even closer.

Brownie points much?

Haha. Just kidding. Wink

Or am I?
Auron Grenfeld

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote
And with that, the contest is over.

And I must agree with with SE92, As a competitor I'd like to thank ANN for putting this on, and good luck to everyone else.
StarstormVGN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Osaka-neechan wrote:
Since I'm guessing the DVD won't have Japanese with English subtitles, I'll probably take a hike to our Chinatown and buy a Chinese and Japanese with "Engrish" subtitles (my computer is stuck in Medieval periods in the land of Dial-up and not cooporating with BitTorrent or any of that). Much better than nothing. But hey, if ANYbody wants to confirm otherwise...

I wouldn't recommend it. I own a couple of the Engrish ones, and...no. Aside from the badly done subtitles, they look like they were recorded from someone's TV. Some of the episodes are really fuzzy and have the occassional advertisement or logo flying across the screen. Wait for the uncut English ones.

And like they said above, good luck to everyone. Even if I don't win anything, it was still fun.
Iconoclast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Good Luck Everyone!!! Very Happy

I had fun and got to draw! I needed to draw again, it's been awhile. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Iconoclast wrote:
Yay! Good Luck Everyone!!! Very Happy

I had fun and got to draw! I needed to draw again, it's been awhile. Smile

Actually, yeah, I agree with you there. I haven't seriously drawn anything since eigth grade, so I was a bit rusty when I started this. ^^
MIchiNekoChan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:13 pm Reply with quote
>.> Is the contest over yet? I still want to enter.

EDIT: because i clicked the "enter" button and I got a passport login popup...

Last edited by MIchiNekoChan on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:10 pm Reply with quote
MIchiNekoChan wrote:
>.> Is the contest over yet? I still want to enter.

Yeah, it has ended already. Winners will be announced on March 13. You can try to enter if you want...I don't know what will happen, though.
MIchiNekoChan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Darn. I had a good entry too from a little way back when I created my own Charater. D:
anime55

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Hey i have a question... or a comment really lol

I sent in my image last night before the line, and i sent it in twice. The first time i sent it in, it didn't send it back to me (i made it on my e-mail that it would send what i sent to u bak to me to make sure it was sent Anime hyper, yea strange way of saying it)

If you recieved to versions of Yuna Haruno... that would be mine sry if u got it twice Anime hyper

please e-mail me at [email protected] if you did recieve my image i would greatly appreciate it Smile thanks

anime55
~*~*~*~*~*~
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quote
anime55 wrote:
Hey i have a question... or a comment really lol

I sent in my image last night before the line, and i sent it in twice. The first time i sent it in, it didn't send it back to me (i made it on my e-mail that it would send what i sent to u bak to me to make sure it was sent Anime hyper, yea strange way of saying it)

If you recieved to versions of Yuna Haruno... that would be mine sry if u got it twice Anime hyper

please e-mail me at [email protected] if you did recieve my image i would greatly appreciate it Smile thanks

anime55
~*~*~*~*~*~

I think they're only going to email you if you win, regardless of what you just said. Nonetheless, you sent it twice. I'm sure they got it (twice).
Tsura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:47 am Reply with quote
THE CONTEST IS NOT OVER YET!!!
you have about 12 minutes
its 12:01 AM PacificStandardTime
thats 3:01 AM EasternStandardTime

So hurry up if you going to enter
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 14