• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Second Haruhi Season to be Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:08 am Reply with quote
Meccanica wrote:
About the episode order:
You can think of it as a 'gimmick', but keep in mind that the reason it was done in the first place was that the novels are out of chronological order as well.

So that would explain putting bits from book 3 or wherever in the middle of the story from book 1, before the characters had been fully introduced?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
NGE1113

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:24 am Reply with quote
So, one more season of Haruhi...

*adds in additional title to "must watch" list*

Done.
jetz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:44 am Reply with quote
Found out from another forum.. I'm just gonna quote what I said there

jetz wrote:
I don't think I'll last...

I need Haruhi's eccentricities, kyon's sarcasm, yuki's tepidness, moe mikuru and koizumi's hotness Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WorldofElegance

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I am so excited!! Haruhi has become my favorite series ever, and I'm so glad another season has been announced. Very Happy Very Happy

I hope Bandai gets the license, because I am very satisfied with my LE DVD's...but oh, how my wallet will hurt by the time all the DVD's have been released!
pat_payne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote
This is good news. I'm very new to the show (discovered it at AX this year, and was hooked immediately) but I can't wait to see more of the characters.
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
robtf wrote:
SharinganEye wrote:
The novels were in chronological order.

Huh? No they aren't, book 2 takes place between a couple of stories in books 5 and 6... and one story in book 6 takes place in the middle of book 7. Combined with that, they aren't even serialised in "The Sneaker" in chronological order, the first published story there was "The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya", the first and titular story of the third book. And the books were serialised in The Sneaker before they were released in light novel form.
Oops, my bad. >_>;;

It's been a while since I've read the novels, and the fact that I never went around to finish the later ones doesn't help.

Also, I was more or less addressing the generality of "the novels weren't in chronological order," especially in regards to the first volume vs. the episode ordering.

Sorry for any confusion and mistakes on my part.
Kagami-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:55 am Reply with quote
It looks like we have another great series from Kyoto Animation to look forward to. I love their series especially Lucky Star and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm really excited that they are making a sequel to Haruhi.
Diego Coruña

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:23 am Reply with quote
Apparently there was a full-page ad in today's issue of the Asahi Shimbun saying that there would be some kind of announcement on the official site and on the Newtype Japan site at 9PM tonight (Tokyo time). I tried the official site but it didn't load; probably too many people were trying to access it. But I got lucky with the Newtype Japan site - and saw a very interesting video.

Warning - the video may spoil the third book in the Suzumiya Haruhi series for you (at least, one of the stories in the third book).

http://anime.webnt.jp/

Quick update: I just tested the link in the preview of this post; the video wasn't there anymore. I don't know if it's because I've already seen it or because it was meant to be a "real-time" thing. The official Haruhi site still won't load - traffic is probably still super-heavy - but it may be worth a shot.
roanhammer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quote
Well, it's already the 8th in Japan.
Calculusman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quote
roanhammer wrote:
Well, it's already the 8th in Japan.

Well, hopefully we'll know soon enough on Tuesday the 10th once the August issue of NewType Japan officially comes out.
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Well, here's the surprise/announcement for today:

The Publicity Stunt of Suzumiya Haruhi
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEye wrote:
Well, here's the surprise/announcement for today:

The Publicity Stunt of Suzumiya Haruhi

I sat through the whole video. Anime dazed

A nice, if not overly long, "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" re-enactment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Yagami817

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I sat through that also...
I almost started to fall asleep on that "announcement" video lol. Does anyone have a clue what was written on the grass at the end? Was the message in Japanese characters, or was it just some really odd crop circle with no meaning? *using Haruhi's bossy tone of voice* I'm interested, so start speculating people!
PurpleM

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I sat through the whole video. Anime dazed

Same here. Initially, the Newtype website wasn't loading (too many people pressing refresh?) and I ended up only watching a small portion of the video before the feed was cut off. Noooo! T_____T

Later, I was able to watch the rest as the video became more widely available. Yay! The video itself raises a lot more questions though...

One thing I really like about the video was how it was so well done. It was clear that the video really was live footage taken from actual school grounds and a lot of effort was put into it. The way the girl was walking definitely reminded me of Haruhi! What a creative way to promote Haruhi 2!
Praetorius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:06 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it was definitely a reenactment of Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody spoiler[(The Tanabata 3 years ago for those who haven't read the novels).] Too bad they don't have a date or anything in there Anime hyper.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7