• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Eyeshield 21 Football Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Poor Devil Bats. The one thing they can't beat are apathetic obese kids. Crying or Very sad
freezespell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quote
This is a series that I'm surprised hasn't been on TV by now. From what little I've seen and read of it, it looks like it's a pretty good series. At this point, it's one of those series that, to me, is one that I like and one that I can't form an opinion on at the same time since it's probably the only anime/manga that's based on football and I haven't watched enough of it to form an opinion on it (I've only seen the first 5 or so minutes of the first episode in a fansub). Right now, I'm undecided on whether I'll watch the episodes on the internet or not. If it's all I can get in the forseeable future, then, oh well, I'll probably find a way to get my fix in but if it's going to be on TV soon, then that will be awesome, too.

jeromeskee wrote:
Eyeshield is an awesome sports anime that every one needs to watch. It's not quite Ippo-status in terms of sports anime but its very good. Deimon vs. Shinryujii is an epic battle. I just wish that they didn't cut the anime short when they did. The music for this show is pretty good too.

Hiruma Youichi is a genius ya-ha!! Twisted Evil

Don't you mean Yoichi Hiruma? Twisted Evil *runs from the mods*
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:18 am Reply with quote
sublime40oz wrote:
Crunchyroll already streams all 145 episodes of Eyeshield 21 (Eng Sub), in fact I finished watching the series about a month or so ago. I guess this is an "official" announcement where Viz Media, the US Distributor, gave its blessing to Crunchyroll to stream the (prob crappy) English Dub series.

If the episode are there without permission then they will/would have to be removed in a few days anyway what with Crunchy going "legit".

braves wrote:
It's from Wikipedia. Plus, they don't even have a source on the Wikipedia page.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:49 am Reply with quote
HA! Good luck! Otaku and sports don't mix - it gives them allergy. Laughing
braves

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Oh I know about the "authenticity" of Wiki. Smile I just wanted an excuse to use that famous meme from the series. Smile

Oh, okay. The reference was lost on me since I haven't watched the show.

sublime40oz wrote:
So true braves, I hope its wrong. It was a decent series similar to The Prince of Tennis. I wouldn't mind owning the set but not if its edited. I'm sure ANN will have more info in the future.

With the way Viz is going, I seriously doubt that this series will ever get released. They let every series that isn't as big as Naruto or Death Note to either go out of print or just flat out not release it.

Shiroi Hane wrote:
<image>

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
freezespell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:51 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
HA! Good luck! Otaku and sports don't mix - it gives them allergy. Laughing

Yeah, that and after running a few feet they're prone to be wheezing like an old car with a bad engine. Laughing Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2