• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Removes Moribito from Weekend Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Well, there you have it, undeniable proof that Adult Swim has shitty taste. This is really sad the people who didn't watch the fansubs and aren't buying the DVDs because it actually was on a real TV channel for a change.

Oh well, give to let that sick horse die.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:58 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
You are freakin' kidding me... Exclamation

I don't believe this. Moribito is one of the best shows that AS and CN have going and they've pretty much cancelled it? Why'd they even bother to repeat the first 10 episodes then?

Bastards!
I know. it's like the WTF they did when they did the first few episodes of Wolf's Rain after the second rerun then never finished the third airing, only WORSE.
Jedi General

Mad_Scientist wrote:
If's there's some sort of problem with the dubbing of Moritibo, who knows when we'll finally be able to see it.

I highly doubt there's a problem with the dubbing. Bang Zoom! has had plenty of time to work on the dub. I mean, Eric P. Sherman confirmed that they had just gotten started working on it back in November 2007. If they haven't finished more than 10 episodes in roughly 14 months, then what have they been doing all this time (besides working on other projects, of course)?

Last edited by Jedi General on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RogueJedi86

So this makes Moribito the only AS Anime of finite length to not finish at least a single run.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:02 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Why'd they even bother to repeat the first 10 episodes then?

Exactly! What was the point of them making folks who watched the initial run of episodes 1-10 wait two-and-a-half months for nothing?

penguintruth wrote:
Wow, now they can show more episodes of Robot Chicken and Frisky Dingo! Won't that be fun?

Shush.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Iritscen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
And with this, I inch even closer to canceling my satellite subscription.

Not sure anything's even holding me back, actually, except not knowing where to legally find Bleach streaming online, and not being sure I want to pay the $150 (or whatever it costs) to break my contract just now.

But yeah, soooo close.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:07 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
So this makes Moribito the only AS Anime of finite length to not finish at least a single run.

We don't have any facts at all on what's happened. Stating that [as] will never finish airing the show is just jumping to conclusions at this point.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Not again, this is bullsh**. Just when the series was getting good and when new episodes were about to start. Mad

Well AS, you're number one in my book. *flips them off* Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Kruszer on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm so glad I've already started collecting this on DVD. Cool

Yeah pretty much have given up on [as] because their constant schedule changes annoy me to no end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sunflowerseed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I think Moribito was on its second time through the play list to the amount of dubbed shows they had already. That would be reason enough for them to change it. I love the Code Geass show and am very glad they are playing it and I don't miss a Bleach either.

I have lost so much sleep from Adultswim changing shows putting them on later and such since 2005 it does not surprise me. But the quality has gone up 100 percent on the Anime shows which means they are doing something right now. Remember the old stretch screen 4:3 and 5:4 mixed up ratios for the original GITS and Inuyasha they used to play with subs that had cuss words?

I hope they complete the Code Geass R2 season and now I don't know when I shall sleep since I cannot set the vcr to record it if I am asleep because the Directv box shuts off regularly and defaults to some channel.
Corptheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I think the post said that it was not in the line-up for the next 3 months. That does not mean that it will not come back...yes I am stretching in a bit....
SailorDeath

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote
What irks me is that first the put it on, I liked the story as its the kind of anime I like to watch. Then they move it to the graveyard, fine I can live with that. Episode 9 airs, then the following week they completely reworked the schedule, and instead of showing episode 10, they start the whole freakin series all over again, so I have to wait another 9 weeks for new episodes to air, and finally last week I get to see the first new episode in over 2 months only to find out that they've decided to cut it.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quote
sunflowerseed wrote:
I think Moribito was on its second time through the play list to the amount of dubbed shows they had already.

Confused the "first time" through was just through ep 1-10 and then they started over. So, technically it was still on its first run since it never finished, and now its stopped, what a surprise Rolling Eyes /sarcasm.

And this confirms my choice to stop watching AS. No argument involving Tivos can counter the dissappointments from this one...
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Seriously Inuyasha reruns again!! o.o If they aren't going to show new anime they could at least rerun other shows that are never on anymore like Eureka 7! D8
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quote
monkeyshinobi wrote:
Seriously Inuyasha reruns again!! o.o If they aren't going to show new anime they could at least rerun other shows that are never on anymore like Eureka 7! D8

AS gave up the rights to E7 last year, along with Samurai Champloo and Lupin III. I hope Kim Manning chimes in on the AS Forums to fill us in on what the situation is. She did make a post to warn about the 3 week CG hiatus, so maybe she'll clue us in this time too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10