• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best Anime to watch?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Sad oh my.... that is a lot.... Very Happy i will try to get the manga. i dont really read manga (because i don't know where to get it and i don't like getting things off the internet Sad so if you have any idea where that would help )
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:45 pm Reply with quote
WHY HAVE YOU PEOPLE ONLY SEEN FMA AND NOT BROTHERHOOD!!!
BROTHERHOOD IS WAY BETTER STORY AND ACTIONWISE, i would even go so far as to say the openings are better in brotherhood. and im not a fanboy, just stating an opinion i strongly feel need to be stated. next time u get a chance watch FMA brotherhood and you will see the error in your ways, well i think theyre errors anyways
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
*cough* I was/am going to watch them in order..... I think that is the best idea when it comes to anime, sometimes you miss something from a season because you skip the one before it..... *cough* Shocked
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote
DeathNote_L wrote:
Sad oh my.... that is a lot.... Very Happy i will try to get the manga. i don't really read manga (because i don't know where to get it and i don't like getting things off the internet Sad so if you have any idea where that would help )

if by getting things off the internet you mean buying off it then me neither im cheap so if ur ok with getting it free try mangareader.net (thats what i use) but i have some local book stores that sell the volumes of lots of manga's, but i never buy any i dont waste my money on books and i never will.
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Sad I like books....... but it is hard for me to get manga, that's all also I don't like shopping on-line..... it is so confusing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I really like Fairy Tail, I have the four volumes released over here, and I am looking forward to the movie. I got really sick of Naruto's and Bleach's long running style of excessive flashbacks and not going anywhere, but Fairy has never lost my interest.

So you want a sword fight action, perhaps check out Nura: Rise of the Youkai Clan and perhaps The Legend of the Legendary Heroes. I still say Hayate the Combat Butler.

@ DeathNote_L
Since Borders fell it is hard to find stores, but if you have a Game Traders store nearby, you should check it out as they sell anime and manga, also Yu-Gi-Oh cards which are a weakness of mine. There is also a very good store here in Sydney Kinokuniya, I only ever get to go on rare occasions though, it is in the city.

About Brotherhood
To be honest I checked out a couple episodes, but it did not click with me for some stupid reason, well I don't really think incredibly highly of FMA to begin with. It just felt too hard to try and have another FMA universe to go on me.
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:05 pm Reply with quote
DeathNote_L wrote:
*cough* I was/am going to watch them in order..... I think that is the best idea when it comes to anime, sometimes you miss something from a season because you skip the one before it..... *cough* Shocked

LOLOLOL FMA isnt a prequal its just a alternate retelling of brotherhood. THE ACTUAL ORIGINAL IS BROTHERHOOD. thats why i get pissed the f off when people call FMA the original, BECAUSE ITS NOT. well im done ranting for a day, hope you guys watch it so you can see the difference, FMA isnt bad i just wish more people saw brotherhood because brotherhood is amazing

and yep brotherhood only gets amazing in around the late 10's and otherwise is quite boring,

Last edited by dynastyhunter on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
........ i don't live in Sydney................ Confused so like....... i have no idea what you are talking about but thanks anyway! Very Happy

Okay then..........i will try to get my hands on brotherhood!
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I really like Fairy Tail, I have the four volumes released over here, and I am looking forward to the movie. I got really sick of Naruto's and Bleach's long running style of excessive flashbacks and not going anywhere, but Fairy has never lost my interest.

So you want a sword fight action, perhaps check out Nura: Rise of the Youkai Clan and perhaps The Legend of the Legendary Heroes. I still say Hayate the Combat Butler.

@ DeathNote_L
Since Borders fell it is hard to find stores, but if you have a Game Traders store nearby, you should check it out as they sell anime and manga, also Yu-Gi-Oh cards which are a weakness of mine. There is also a very good store here in Sydney Kinokuniya, I only ever get to go on rare occasions though, it is in the city.

About Brotherhood
To be honest I checked out a couple episodes, but it did not click with me for some stupid reason, well I don't really think incredibly highly of FMA to begin with. It just felt too hard to try and have another FMA universe to go on me.

thank you i might not get to them till next week but i will check them out for sure, im gonna be on LOL a lot so next week im gonna go crazy and go on an anime marathon for a week but i might cut that short if i finish a lot of them fast, and i was gonna try bakemonogatari but i was waiting because the new movie said prequal so i was oh no maybe i should watch the prequal first but if it came out first then it should be alright to watch it before the perqual so i will watch that too
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote
dynastyhunter wrote:
i was gonna try bakemonogatari but i was waiting because the new movie said prequal so i was oh no maybe i should watch the prequal first but if it came out first then it should be alright to watch it before the perqual so i will watch that too

Hey you have Kizumonogatari as want to see, but not Bakemono or Kizumono as seen. I recomend you check out Bakemonogatari out first, it is pretty highly regarded, and it seems likely that the movie will put some foreshadowing that will reference what has happened in the TV series. Although the series makes reference to what happened during Golden Week, I think ambiguity of what it meant was part of the charm, in fact parts of episodes feed off of the ambiguity.
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:23 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
dynastyhunter wrote:
i was gonna try bakemonogatari but i was waiting because the new movie said prequal so i was oh no maybe i should watch the prequal first but if it came out first then it should be alright to watch it before the perqual so i will watch that too

Hey you have Kizumonogatari as want to see, but not Bakemono or Kizumono as seen. I recomend you check out Bakemonogatari out first, it is pretty highly regarded, and it seems likely that the movie will put some foreshadowing that will reference what has happened in the TV series. Although the series makes reference to what happened during Golden Week, I think ambiguity of what it meant was part of the charm, in fact parts of episodes feed off of the ambiguity.

thanks i was a little confused and over here i haven't got much people to ask about anime because all my friends are like "dragon ball z is the best anime ever" (some say naruto, one piece and bleach) but usually they only saw a couple animes and in some cases that IS the only one they saw. well anyways ya so i haven't heard much about the monogatari trilogy untill last week when i saw kizu on the weighted top 10 one day and got curious and found scenes from it and it looked awesome, but then i found out it wasnt out and got dissappointed and put under want to see
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote
so i saw the first couple episodes of bakemonogatari, so far i really like it, its THE most unique anime I've seen and i actually haven't seen anything like it, now the scenery is a bit weird and overly colorful, and the thing i like the most is finally the character looks asian, mostly they look really white and thats very unrealistic since usually every person is white, unless they werent in japan then it would make sense but anyways i also saw the first episode of nura and i feel like its leading up to something good, thanks again for the reccomendations, cant wait till a couple days for fairy tail chapter and the movie.
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Okay, me and my friend where talking about an anime called the Earl and the Faery so has anyone seen it or heard about it and is it any good?
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:20 pm Reply with quote
DeathNote_L wrote:
Okay, me and my friend where talking about an anime called the Earl and the Faery so has anyone seen it or heard about it and is it any good?

no i cant say i have but im intrigued by the name, it reminds me of the millenium earl from D. grey man, maybe ill watch it if it ends up being good, but i still got some other anime to watch so its gotta wait
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
it has a really good story line, i don't know all of it but so far i am interested. I have not seen it yet but plan to so i was just curious.....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4