• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:26 am Reply with quote
Judson Jones (22570) is the same person as Judson L. Jones (6373). And Judson James (64362) is probably a typo on the part of ADV or the person who added the credit here. His only credit is for the Getbackers, which both previous Judsons already have credits in.

L. Jones has the more prolific credit list here, with 9 titles. Plain Jones has only 2, an un-sourced City Hunter, and one for Getbackers sourced from the credits (L. Jones has a Getbackers credit too, also sourced from the credits).

I found Judson Jones' website, and his resume lists 4 ADV/anime credits:
Get Backers
Samurai X
Princess Blade
Dai-Guard

His website also names him as the founder of Theatre East, and the staff page there lists more voice work in his bio:
Samurai X: The Motion Picture
Dai Guard
Getbackers
Zaion
The Princess Blade
Steam Detectives
Soul Hunter (There is no credit currently in Soul Hunter for any of the Judsons)

Judson Jones' resume lists him as AEA/SAG eligible, so what I'm assuming is that he intended for the ADV credits to have an L. in his name, but he is now claiming the anime roles under his union name, so... It's up to the staff if Judson Jones and Judson L. Jones should be merged or not, but I think Judson James' Getbackers credit should be hidden regardless. I'm adding the one missing credit for Soul Hunter, and the website and his picture to the L. Jones page.
mexicano21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Adriana Sada (#62552) and Drik Sada (#57814) are the same person. Her full name is Adriana Kazue Sada, and "Drik" is a nickname. But most info and news (even professional) about her comes with the nickname, so a lot of people doesn't know her real name, but its not as if she was hiding it, so I think the encyclopedia should treat her by her real name.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
mexicano21 wrote:
Adriana Sada (#62552) and Drik Sada (#57814) are the same person. Her full name is Adriana Kazue Sada, and "Drik" is a nickname. But most info and news (even professional) about her comes with the nickname, so a lot of people doesn't know her real name, but its not as if she was hiding it, so I think the encyclopedia should treat her by her real name.

Do you have any proof of this?

Links: Adriana Sada and Drik Sada.
mexicano21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
mexicano21 wrote:

Do you have any proof of this?

Links: Adriana Sada and Drik Sada.

As I said, almost all info about her treats her as "Drik", and as she doesn't appear to be a huge fan of internet, she has only a twitter account (http://twitter.com/Drik_S) which had not any actual proof before my first post.

But I have mangas credited to her and and was willing to scan its credits pages to show, but fortunately for me she has posted this yesterday in his twitter account:: https://twitter.com/#!/DriK_S/status/139087098941669377.

Translation: Nobody notices, but in "DriK Sada" there is a "." between Dri (from Adriana) and K (from Kazue). Jeez, what a frivolous thing Anime hyper

Maybe its not so easy to prove that this twitter account its actually hers, but I think in japanese part of her twitter bio she posted something about her works. Again, this is not enough. Well, there's this post where she posts a photo of a manga translated by her but yet to be put on sale.

In the end, anyone can argue that there aren't enough proofs yet, and I would agree with this, but now I ask you to just trust me that this twitter account is actually hers, not a fake =)
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote
I'm from Brazil and I can vouch for what mexicano21 is saying. That's Drik Sada's actual twitter feed, and you can even see her exchanging tweets with the authors of Bleach and Deadman Wonderland, which she translates. Usually, she only uses her full name when she translates more prestigious works.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Regardless of what her name is, the credits should be recorded as they are given in the books. Is she ever actually credited under her real name or just her pseudonym? If they all say Drik Sada then the they should be re-entered under that name and flagged as errors under Adriana.
What I can't personally do is set one as an AKA of the other since it already exists and I can't do merges.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mexicano21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes credited as Adriana, sometimes as Drik, there are even cases in long series where in some volumes she is credited as Adriana and in others as Drik. But this is not as if she was trying to create a second personality or hiding anything. If its really not possible to merge, at least put a link in one profile to another, if possible. The reason of a encyclopedia is to inform and clarify, but as it is now its just confusing.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Oh, they can be merged - just not by me; it is a high level function due to the damage that it can cause if done incorrectly.
We should be recording things exactly as given in the source and merging as appropriate. To see how this works, see Bridget Hoffman.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mexicano21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Something like "Adriana Kazue Sada, also known as Drik Sada" seems perfect to me. In this case, how the system would deal if someone adds her nickname to a manga or anime? Would add again the duplicate account (the worst case), would silently adding the real person, or would tell the user to decide what to do?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Once they are merged you add the credit as for any other person, but it shows on the main entry's page as "under the name of".
jacksonh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Veronica Taylor (person#1081) and Kathleen McInerney (person#13784)

The display pic for both profiles is the same woman
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote
If that is your only reasoning, are you sure that one of the pictures is not simply incorrect?
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
If that is your only reasoning, are you sure that one of the pictures is not simply incorrect?

The source for Kathleen McInerney's photo does state she has done animation voiceover work; compare it with the original for Veronica Taylor. Also, a Google search for both names does turn up other sites that state the two are the same person.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Just an FYI from the recent Princess Jellyfish dub cast announcement talkback thread.

Charles Campbell seems to be Charlie Cambell.

Charles is the more often credited name, by a wide margin. There are four error reports (by four different users) for Charles stating that they are the same person, but no supporting information with any. The news article auto-links to Charlie, so anybody who clicks it without noticing the comment in the talkback does not get the whole picture.

Here is an interview where Charles Cambell takes credit for a role currently attributed to Charlie Campbell (Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie).

EDIT: Also, regarding the Kathleen McInerney versus Veronica Taylor fiasco. I stand by my image contribution. Wink
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:21 am Reply with quote
An official demo reel for Kathleen McInerney can be found here. I've heard several Taylor roles before and they certainly sound the same to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 75 of 144