• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:50 am Reply with quote
Teruyoshi SHIDOU and Akiyoshi SHIDOU

both pages have the same Kanji (紫藤 晃由), both animators, both work solely for Kyoto Animation.

According to ENAMDICT, Teruyoshi is the correct reading for 晃由, however there are other people using Akiyoshi (e.g. http://utcp.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/members/data/ono_akiyoshi/) so it seems to be rarer but plausible.
____

Devil Doll wrote:
Additional reference for 渡辺和夫: http://www.anime.marumegane.com/2005/ichigo100.html (Animation Director for Ichigo 100% episode 8). Given your doubts I decided not to credit Kazuo Watanabe for this but rather post it here.

I would say add it, but make a note of the actual Kanji used in the source field - it is still plausibly a mispelling and if not, the credits need to be split anyway so adding one more in the meantime doesn't make much difference and at least we have another data point to work with. I will have to go back through try and find sources for all the credits to sort it out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:43 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I would say add it, but make a note of the actual Kanji used in the source field
Done. (Format okay?)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:57 am Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I would say add it, but make a note of the actual Kanji used in the source field
Done. (Format okay?)

That's fine - I'll take a look at him in more detail now and start a thread requesting a split - there's clearly more than one person here as there are script, production and manga credits mixed in with the animation stuff.

--edit--
PS: almost certain 渡部 is a typo since while it is used for ep 6 of Gunslinger Girl on the Fujji TV site (via archive since the page has changed), ep 12 on the same site uses 渡辺和夫 like everywhere else.

--edit 2--
I've changed to Kanji on the existing page to that which matches the majority of the credits, especially since it looks to be an error anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:13 pm Reply with quote
kanonevox wrote:
Kate Borneman/Bornemann is now

Kate Oxley

Hope that helps!

Christopher Bevins
Voice Director/Line Producer
FUNimation Entertainment

I'm going to go ahead and bump this one.
Grenzer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quote
http://www.tekkoshocon.com/index.php/Guests.html#christopher-smith

http://web.mac.com/sunsetsmith/iWeb/Site/Photos.html

Chris Smith

person#6261

Chris Kent

person#21805

Christopher Corey Smith, who is credited in the encylopedia as Chris Smith uses the alias of Chris Kent in many of his roles.

In the above links, which includes Smith's own website, he takes credit for roles originally credited to Kent. I think therefore these two entries should be merged since even the actor himself openly addresses this in his work profile.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Hiroyoshi AOYAGI (青柳 宏宜)
Hironobu AOYAGI (青柳 宏宣)

Both 宏宜 and 宏宣 can be read as Hiroyoshi, and I suspect due to the similarity here that one of these may be a typo of the other making these the same person. Some of the roles currently credited to Hironobu are actually 青柳宏宜 at source. Breaking down, using existing sources unless otherwise stated:

青柳 宏宣:
Peach Girl
Utawarerumono eps 9, 13, 19
Itazura na Kiss
Battle Spirits ep 23
Guin Saga

青柳 宏宜:
Dennou Coil
Rozen Maiden (source)
Battle Spirits eps 8, 16, 29, 37
Utawarerumono eps 9, 13, 19 (source, source)

青柳宏宜

anime@wiki also lists a number of these together under 青柳宏宜, with a note next to one that it is credited as 青柳宏宣.

ADV's English credits for Utawarerumono use "Hironobu Aoyagi" for eps 9, 13 and 19, but note that two official sites for the series use different Kanji to our existing source, D2_Station.

Since I started doing one thing and have kept branching off into others it is now 4am and I still haven't finished my initial task so I am going to have to leave this here and go to bed, but there is more crosschecking to be done.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Two key animators with the same kanji (松原栄介) but slightly different readings:

Eisuke MATSUBARA
Eisuke MATSUHARA

____

In a similar, but probably more complicated vein:

Kyoko MATSUHARA (松原 京子)
Kyoko MATSUBARA (none given)

All key animation again except.. they are credited with both key animation and CG on Akira. I'm really hoping the latter is just an error. The source we have for the key animation for Akira gives 松原京子. The source for the CG is IMDb... so I think we can safely put that one down to an error.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Kyoko MATSUHARA (松原 京子)
Kyoko MATSUBARA (none given)
Kyoko MATSUBARA's credit source for Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (movie) includes
原画:松原 京子 (kanji for Kyoko MATSUHARA), amongst ca. 30 other key animators; this source looks like good quality at first sight.

In similar situations I tried to credit all these 30 animators for the anime in question, eliminated those that the input form shows as matching already existing persons in ANN with kanji names, and then match the remaining kanji credits for this anime to the remaining ANN persons without kanji names credited for this anime, thus assigning them the kanji name they should have (after all it ought to have a reason why the original contributor gave ANN this URL as source).
One thing you would see this way is whether these animators are an already known team, i. e. worked together for other anime already credited in ANN, thus making it more resp. less likely that both Kyokos are in fact the same person (regardless which surname they end up having...). I use this "team pattern" when deciding whom to give an additional credit between two persons with identical kanji name and a similar number of already existing credits.
386sky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:54 am Reply with quote
Mio ISSHIKI
Mio ISSHOKU

Both have the same Kanji (一色美緒) with both two persons.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Triplicate persons:
(近藤 康敬) Yasuhiro KONDO (6 staff as background, animation, production)
(近藤 康敬) Yasutaka KONDO (6 staff as background)
(近藤 康敬) Yasutoshi KONDOU (1 staff as background) <= invalid reading
"近藤" has 7 valid readings including "Kondo" and "Kondou"; for "康敬" EDICT allows the readings Yasutaka, Yasunori, Yasuhiro and Yasuyuki but not Yasutoshi.

(坪内 克幸) Katsuyuki TSUBOUCHI (4 staff as Key Animation) <= valid reading
(坪内 克幸) Katsuyuki TSUBOCHI (1 staff as Key Animation)
(坪内 克幸) Katsuyuki TSUBOUTI (1 staff as Key Animation)
Katsuyuki is the only valid reading for "克幸"; for "坪内" EDICT allows the readings Tsubouchi and Tsubonouchi but neither Tsubochi nor Tsubouti.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Tsubochi and Tsubouti are just alternate romanisations of Tsubouchi (Tsubōchi), so they are both technically valid readings (Variations of Hepburn and Nihon-shiki respectively I believe).
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Kordula LEISSE (8 cast in German versions)
Kordula LEIßE (10 cast in German versions)
Both entries have credits for Evangelion, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist etc.

Kordula Leisse at a German anime database (16 anime, photo)
Kordula Leiße at the German dubbing artist association (photo, phone number) so this is apparently her correct spelling.

"ß" is a German lowercase "sharp s" which would have to be emulated by "SS" in an all-caps writing of her name, there's no uppercase version of this letter.

- - - - - - - - - -

Another triplicate character:
Michi wrote:
Now a fun one:
Saburou OMIYA
Saburo OMIYA (has the most credits)
Saburou OOMIYA
...all acceptable readings of the same name. Anime hyper;
Was reported "Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:44 am" and is still an issue.
As of now, Saburou OMIYA has 0 credits, Saburo OMIYA has 38 credits, Saburou OOMIYA has 2 credits, and a new guy Furou OOMIYA has 1 credit, all of these for "Producer", and all three with credits have "大宮 三郎" as kanji name (of which "Furou" is no valid reading).
Now despite being a producer, 大宮 三郎 happens to be so famous that he has his own Wikipedia page where his name is given as 大宮 三郎(おおみや さぶろう)= OOMIYA Saburou, so the guy with the 2 credits would be the correct romanization.

- - - - - - - - - -

The next triplicate one:
Seung Wook WOO (3 staff for Key Animation)
Woo SEUNG-WOOK (2 staff for Key Animation)
Seungwook WOO (1 staff for Key Animation)
Obviously "Seung-Wook" is the given name and "Woo" the family name.

- - - - - - - - - -

Naoki WADA (2 staff for CG effects in Naruto Shippuden TV and Emma 2nd season)
Naomi WADA (2 staff for CG effects in Naruto Shippuden Movie and Naruto Movie)
Kanji name is 和田 直己; http://movie.goo.ne.jp/cast/196975/index.html says 和田直己 (ワダナオミ) = WADA Naomi, with two references to Naruto releases.
Naruto credit flagged and added; no kanji source found for Emma 2nd season while a good kanji source for Emma 1st season (D2_STATION, not yet credited at ANN) including 和田直己 would be available.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Mamoru Kanbe
Mamoru Kobe (misreading)
Mamoru Kambe (alternate reading)

The Japanese Wikipedia backs up every credit listed under the alternate names.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Kanji duplicates (永島 明子):

Meiko NAGASHIMA
Akiko NAGASHIMA

All provided online sources confirm the same kanji.

While there is a Meiko Nagashima with the same Kanji who graduated from ICUHS in Tokyo and worked at the Kyoto National Museum, according to anime@wiki, this animator's name is Akiko.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Yuriko IKEHARA
Yuriko IKEBARA

Neither had a kanji name but both are possible readings of 池原百合子, and both are key animators. The latter only has two credits while the latter has a lot more and spot checking sources confirmed the name so I added it.

I can't positively confirm the Gad Guard credit - ironically thispage has key animators for every episode except episode 8. I do have confirmation for Tokyo Babylon however.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 59 of 144