• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - The Long Con

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

He didn't link to a translation of the entire chapter or scene. The link Fencedude provided should go directly to a picture with the line from the novels that he was referring to. If you're not seeing the picture.... I"m not sure what's going on. Maybe you need a twitter account to actually see it? If not, then I don't know.

I'm using a phone to access the Net right now. Maybe that's why.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote
dandelion_rose wrote:
I can't find the sex scene. All I see are Fencedude's tweets about KoiChoco and Nakaimo.

Just look up "Sword Art Online Chapter 16.5" on google, it should be the first result...
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I found it (Google actually auto-completes it as one of the top suggestions, lol).

Oh my gosh. What is glopping. Well, fan translators of LNs do their best...

And is it just me or does anyone find that sudden exposition about the game mechanics right in the middle of sexing very uncomfortable intimacy with the game? "Hi, I am the Evil Game Master, I have designed a game to kill you, and also designed your most intimate moments."
Sly05

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

But if you just want the true nugget, here you go SPOILERS BY THE WAY

Yeah... they really programmed that into the game? That's some virtual reality.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote
dandelion_rose wrote:
I found it (Google actually auto-completes it as one of the top suggestions, lol).

And is it just me or does anyone find that sudden exposition about the game mechanics right in the middle of sexing very uncomfortable intimacy with the game? "Hi, I am the Evil Game Master, I have designed a game to kill you, and also designed your most intimate moments."

you just gotta do is turn off the code ethics you agreed to you can have fun >_> <_<. We need an ova for science reasons... yeah science...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Yeah for a second I thought Howard Wolowitz was having sex.
Cheesecracker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Cheesecracker wrote:

So the joke was to blindside people by allowing them to stumble into something they may not want to see?

No. Please explain how anyone was blindsided by anything.

It was presented as a joke that was ruined by explaining what the topic was. Where else does it go if not to draw someone in without knowing what they are getting into?
ie.
SAO?
chapt 16.5?
google google google
ah, here we are
WTF!

I'm only guessing, because I didn't get it. Which apparently means that I too lack reading comprehension.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
In Japan they for kids yes, but in America they'd be for adults. Different standards and practices and TV censorship.

Are you saying that in Japan parents are fine with letting their young children watch late night anime?

Not otaku stuff, but he listed shounen stuff. Stuff like Kaleido Star, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh, One Piece, Fairy Tail and all them are for kids in Japan... though in the US people do try to say they're 'adult' and stuff due to their content being not inline with American kids shows.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote
dandelion_rose wrote:

The thing that made the least amount of sense was the "two years" comment.

Like...what. spoiler[I'm pretty sure the testicles automatically destroy sperm after a while.]
Sly05

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

For me as well. Did they actually put in a meter to measure build up? I guess so.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Sly05 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

For me as well. Did they actually put in a meter to measure build up? I guess so.

One of the more coveted features of the Sword Art Online game. In stores now.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

But if you just want the true nugget, here you go SPOILERS BY THE WAY

We, nay, the world needs Gilbert Gottfried to read this aloud.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote
The word "glop" is STILL making me giggle uncontrollably.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit, my interest in Panty & Stocking is purely out of a desire to hear Monica Rial say dirty things.

Well, and some of the visuals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
In Japan they for kids yes, but in America they'd be for adults. Different standards and practices and TV censorship.

Are you saying that in Japan parents are fine with letting their young children watch late night anime?

Not otaku stuff, but he listed shounen stuff. Stuff like Kaleido Star, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh, One Piece, Fairy Tail and all them are for kids in Japan... though in the US people do try to say they're 'adult' and stuff due to their content being not inline with American kids shows.

It might be just me, but Fullmetal Alchemist has stuff that kids would not easily digest. Not to mention giant boobs in One Piece. I am not a Puritan, but if I had kids, I would not let them watch anime (even if it was shounen) before their 13th or 14th birthday.

And these "U.S. people" you mention, do they even know what anime is to even give a crap about it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10