Forum - View topic
NEWS: School Fighting Manga Sugarless Gets Live-Action Show

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
So this is the new thing? High School thug manga gets live-action adaptations? One of my favorite genres, but not really feeling the live-action versions..Crows Zero was cool though.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Tomibiki wrote:
So this is the new thing? High School thug manga gets live-action adaptations? One of my favorite genres, but not really feeling the live-action versions..Crows Zero was cool though.

It's always been like this. Delinquent manga is really popular, but the genre seems to be just a little too niche for TV anime. Yeah, there are some delinquent OVAs out there, like the Rokudenashi BLUES movies, Bite Me! Chameleon, & the Crows OVA, but the only actual TV anime based on a delinquent manga that I can think of is Hareluya II BØY... And Hareluya II BØY isn't exactly a delinquent manga in the same fashion as the likes of Rokudenashi & Crows.

Live-action adaptations, though, have been around since the 90s and usually seem to be very successful. Rokudenashi BLUES got two live-action movies in the mid-90s & a more-recent TV drama, and Rookies (a delinquent/baseball title by Rokudenashi's creator) had a live-action series in the mid-00s, complete with a special that ended the live-action version's story. And, of course, there were the Crows Zero movies, among other titles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1