• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animax Asia to Run 2009 Fullmetal Alchemist in Same Week as Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:21 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Also, I was hoping for "FMA 2: Alchemic Boogaloo".

I was thinking "FMA 2: Alchemic Boogaloo, The Reckoning" myself

But seriously yay this is a good thing.
MetatronM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote
Cloud668 wrote:
I think if they are gonna call it Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, they wouldn't be pronouncing it Hagane no Renkinjutsushi Fullmetal Alchemist every trailer thus far. Besides, Animax Asia kind of does that a lot when there aren't official English titles.
Why? The Hagaren title is the Japanese one. Lots of shows have completely different (or at least significantly different) titles internationally than they do in Japan.

I mean, they can't go around calling it "Fullmetal Alchemist: Fullmetal Alchemist" in English.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quote
How about "Fullmetal Alchemist: This Time It's Personal"?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
MetatronM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:03 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
How about "Fullmetal Alchemist: This Time It's Personal"?
I'm more of a fan of Fullmetal Alchemist: This Blood's for You.

Or, alternatively, Fullmetal Alchemist Alpha EX II: The New Generation: Fight the Future.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:06 am Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:
Fullmetal Alchemist Alpha EX II: The New Generation: Fight the Future.

We have a winner, folks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:09 am Reply with quote
I don't know how about

"Full Metal Alchemist: Find the Philosopher's Stone, Before it's To Late!"
drdr48

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:14 am Reply with quote
cnav wrote:
drdr-----but they can do it for fma..after all there is always a first time for everything...and this is fma we are talkin bout...

Your right, but seriously, what are the chances? not big, if you ask me, even if it's FMA.

..and because the chances are not too big and the new FMA will probably be around the 50 something episodes so i dont think it will be as close to the manga as we thought it will be.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:37 am Reply with quote
WOOOOOO, IT'S AIRING ON ONE SINGLE, SOLITARY SATELLITE ONLY CHANNEL THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE HAVE!

Yes, good call, whoever thought this was a good idea, is a TRUE genius.

Let's hope this isn't the one and ONLY announcement regarding its stateside availability. I want to see this legitimately, but if I'm not provided with suitable means OUTSIDE of having to SWITCH MY DAMNED CABLE SERVICE, I'll go to the fansubs.

I have my sense of fandom but again, I do it within LIMITS.

Sorry... Grats for those of you that have it but... ugh...

Please, someone else needs to come through. Literally, I can NOT switch cable service just for one show...

At least when one of the showtime channels aired Chrono Crusade, there was a purchasable medium but... No options here...

Maybe we'll luck out and it'll hit iTunes?
MetatronM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:53 am Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
WOOOOOO, IT'S AIRING ON ONE SINGLE, SOLITARY SATELLITE ONLY CHANNEL THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE HAVE!

Let's hope this isn't the one and ONLY announcement regarding its stateside availability. I want to see this legitimately, but if I'm not provided with suitable means OUTSIDE of having to SWITCH MY DAMNED CABLE SERVICE, I'll go to the fansubs.

Please, someone else needs to come through. Literally, I can NOT switch cable service just for one show...

At least when one of the showtime channels aired Chrono Crusade, there was a purchasable medium but... No options here...

Uhh, you do know that Animax Asia is a network IN ASIA, right?

This isn't about the US at all. This is a distribution deal for the Asian continent.
cnav

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:
cnav wrote:
drdr-----but they can do it for fma..after all there is always a first time for everything...and this is fma we are talkin bout...

Your right, but seriously, what are the chances? not big, if you ask me, even if it's FMA.

..and because the chances are not too big and the new FMA will probably be around the 50 something episodes so i don't think it will be as close to the manga as we thought it will be.

hey ..i would give it a 50- --50... they have shown every homunculus too..i guess this is manga after all....but who knows what these guys have in store for us...
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:
Kyogissun wrote:

Uhh, you do know that Animax Asia is a network IN ASIA, right?

This isn't about the US at all. This is a distribution deal for the Asian continent.

The way an earlier poster talked about it, implied they were... english.

I forget that there are users on here who posted from other countries.

MOVING ON.

Seriously people, my bad. Please don't give me **** about it.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:54 am Reply with quote
OMG the new trailer is awesome... and is it just me, or Romi Paku dubbed the human transmutation scene even better than 6 years ago? °___°

The little I could listen of the music was really good, too... and the animation is superb!

I believe that the first episode will be about Isaac, and then it'll follow the manga more strictly than the first time around.

I also believe BONES will make an anime longer than 51 episodes for the first time, too.

P.S. It's really good for people in Asia Countries that they'll almost simulcast this anime... but I still think that there will be fansubs. Wink

P.P.S. I like the new series subtitle, but it makes me believe even more that BONES will make two season of about 50 episodes each. Which would be awesome, if true! Very Happy
After all, if they don't do it for this anime, I don't think they'll never have a better occasion to try to make longer series.
Also, this time I'm pretty sure they'll mostly stick to the manga: it wouldn't make much sense to do another FMA series that greatly diverges from it.

Last edited by Sariachan on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:01 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ravager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:56 am Reply with quote
I haven't followed any series in Animax since 2006, but clearly this is going to change.

I used to complain how it took years to broadcast anime here (or how North America licenses anime faster) when Japan is just 2 hours away, but not anymore.

I'm just so so happy that I'll have FMA on my tv, in Japanese, with complete opening and ending sequences, and immediately! Very Happy
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:01 am Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:
OMG the new trailer is awesome... and is it just me, or Romi Paku dubbed the human trasmutation scene even better than 6 years ago? °___°

You know, I thought there was even more emotion when I heard it. And I've just been recently watching the first series, too.

Romi Paku is Edward Elric, damn it.
jetz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:24 am Reply with quote
No way! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

This is the first time I ever wanted Animax. Curse our cable provider for not giving us Animax! Evil or Very Mad

penguintruth wrote:
Romi Paku is Edward Elric, damn it.

Agreed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7