• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2009 Haruhi TV Run's 8th Episode Listed as New Episode

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I'll believe it a week after I've seen it three times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
12skippy21

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote
You should just save yourselves the hassle and read the novels. They have all been translated online, then just buy them as they are gradually released in english. It's what I'm doing and am all the happier for it Very Happy
ChancellorOfTheExchequer

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Bah, anything that comes out of Kadokawa's word-twisting mouth can't be trusted. Granted, this announcement didn't come from Kadokawa itself, but TV Wakayama must've gotten its information from somewhere (and we don't know whether that source is telling the truth or pulling more fanboy legs).

I have a gut-feeling this may turn out to be true, but that could be a false hope. The 24 May date was more or less guessed at before (although the prediction's off by a couple of days), so there's a hint of evidence to support the news.

But until I see the episode itself, this will remain a rumor and nothing more.
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote
12skippy21 wrote:
You should just save yourselves the hassle and read the novels. They have all been translated online, then just buy them as they are gradually released in english. It's what I'm doing and am all the happier for it Very Happy

Actually, the fact that SEVERAL years will pass before we get to see spoiler[the Dissociation-Surprise arc that features pseudo-goddess Sasaki and the anti-SOS Brigade] in animated form (if they decide to make it at all, of course) kind of depresses me. But hey, at least the new season will be based on The Disappearance, my favorite novel out of all nine.

I knew those comments of Yuki's from the last Haruhi-chan short (showing the box for a PC Sim date game that she made and borrows a lot of scenes from the Disappearance) and saying "it's done" were not idle talk. Even the date, May 24, appears in one of the screens from the fictional game.

All the chickens are coming home to roost.
Perfect Chaos

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Anton Chigurh wrote:
Actually, the fact that SEVERAL years will pass before we get to see spoiler[the Dissociation-Surprise arc that features pseudo-goddess Sasaki and the anti-SOS Brigade] in animated form (if they decide to make it at all, of course) kind of depresses me. But hey, at least the new season will be based on The Disappearance, my favorite novel out of all nine.

Yeah, I read all nine novels two years ago, and Vanishment is also my favorite! Very Happy That's really the main reason I want the second season to begin, and that's because I want to see my favorite part of the story animated. spoiler[Must see Nagato's smile in animation... :p]

Anton Chigurh wrote:
I knew those comments of Yuki's from the last Haruhi-chan short (showing the box for a PC Sim date game that she made and borrows a lot of scenes from the Disappearance) and saying "it's done" were not idle talk. Even the date, May 24, appears in one of the screens from the fictional game.

All the chickens are coming home to roost.
I noticed the reference to the event on December 18th (I was the one that added that trivia bit on ANN's Haruhi-chan page) of Vanishment (and I guess the event on April 20th in that game could be referencing Dissociation, as well), but I never thought of it that way, including the May 24th date (the fact that that even did happen during May in Melancholy helped obscure the fact that that could be a hint).
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote
All the Haruhi-chan hints add up!

both opening and endings songs say see us in season two

ep 25 had hints to a new season as the ep, took place during some day in the rain. Yuki had a ton of hints in her dating sim!

I can't take it any more! Haruhi-chan ended this week and now news of the new season starting soon? This is just to hard to believe any more
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm optimistically skeptical. I really don't want to re-buy the first season though.
Perfect Chaos

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Being optimistically skeptical is a good way to be, actually, considering what has happened! Anime hyper
I really doubt they would force people to buy the DVDs for the original episodes again, especially Bandai. The best thing they could do is release only the new episodes in DVD format and both seasons in Blu-Ray.
Hotaruzuki

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quote
*shaking*

To believe?

Or not to believe?

That is the question....
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Now that the topic of releases and buying them has come up, I wonder: will Bandai release the Haruhi-chan and Churuya-san episodes here the way they will be released in Japan? Because I'd buy two of those just to show support - preferably a special edition with the music of those shows. I can't get enough of every single CD released in the States that was included with the LE's - even the one with Mikuru's nasal singing. Of course, what happened to the last LE of Lucky Star kind of puts a hamper on the entire prospect, but I for one would get that on day one.

Maybe a compliment for the official release of season 2? It could be, and with the fast turnaround time that animes are getting today between having aired in Japan and in America these days, the release could equally take less than a year to get here.

One can dream.
Hato-kun

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote
boiled_sugar wrote:
NAGATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Anton Chigurh wrote:
Now that the topic of releases and buying them has come up, I wonder: will Bandai release the Haruhi-chan and Churuya-san episodes here the way they will be released in Japan? Because I'd buy two of those just to show support - preferably a special edition with the music of those shows. I can't get enough of every single CD released in the States that was included with the LE's - even the one with Mikuru's nasal singing. Of course, what happened to the last LE of Lucky Star kind of puts a hamper on the entire prospect, but I for one would get that on day one.

Maybe a compliment for the official release of season 2? It could be, and with the fast turnaround time that animes are getting today between having aired in Japan and in America these days, the release could equally take less than a year to get here.

One can dream.

I've heard from a few rumors that Haruhi didn't preform to well in the sales like Bandai had originally hoped, the same with Lucky Star (thus, canceling the LE Edition of Vol.6)
Aeria

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quote
... Uh. So is it just me or did the listing just change?
DFBTG

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Perfect Chaos wrote:
The best thing they could do is release only the new episodes in DVD format and both seasons in Blu-Ray.

I'd be sold. I still only have the first half of the first season, so putting both in BD format would be awesome (especially if they were packaged together).
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Aeria wrote:
... Uh. So is it just me or did the listing just change?

OMG YOUR RIGHT?!

http://www.tv-wakayama.co.jp/bangumihyou/table/bangumi/24.html

Compared to:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/insidears/archives/51937814.html
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11