• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bakemonogatari (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quote
There's the fact that Senjōgahara is the sexiest character out of all animes going on as of now.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
There's the fact that Senjōgahara is the sexiest character out of all animes going on as of now.

That's debatable. Horo (from Spice and Wolf) is bound to make a comeback-that is, if she gets some air time during the next couple episodes.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Kirkdawg wrote:
That's debatable. Horo (from Spice and Wolf) is bound to make a comeback-that is, if she gets some air time during the next couple episodes.

Horo is too dramatic, nowhere near the kinda of personality I like in a girl.
By the way, I wouldn't categorize Horo as sexy but as moe.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quote
How about I just say I like them equally both and we call it right there? Razz Regarding episode 6...spoiler[I guess I can understand why Araragi is so interested in learning more about this new character, but what happened at the end there? Looks like he bit off more than he can chew-I'm a bit confused, who was that at the end that attacked him? ]

Sigh...have to wait 2 weeks for another episode. I'll have to find some way to curb the withdrawal symptoms until then.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quote
A draw? No, but, how about we call it a through conversation?

Well back to the topic. Going to watch episode 6 now and editing here later.

Edit: Kirkdawg rewatch it and you gonna notice that It's most likely the basketball girl.

P.S. Equal = draw

Last edited by egoist on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
A draw? No, but, how about we call it a through conversation?
Kirkdawg wrote:
and we call it right there?

Where's the draw part?
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Please guys, if you want to debate there are PMs for that.

Kirkdawg wrote:
spoiler[I'm a bit confused, who was that at the end that attacked him? ]

I think it was obvious, though no less shocking and unexpected.

SHAFT is hitting just the right buttons on this series. I mean they usually do very well - Maria+Holic but sometimes go overboard too - SZS season 2 and on. Bakemonogatari has some good and not so good SHAFT moments but overall it is well done. I wonder what we will...oh no...here comes the pain... must... finish... post... ahhh withdrawal *poof* (shakes in agony)
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Hentai_JP wrote:
Please guys, if you want to debate there are PMs for that.

I didn't go offtopic, I discussed about something directly linked to this topic. So, I see no need for PMS, either way that ended there.
Skylark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Kirkdawg wrote:
Regarding episode 6...spoiler[I guess I can understand why Araragi is so interested in learning more about this new character, but what happened at the end there? Looks like he bit off more than he can chew-I'm a bit confused, who was that at the end that attacked him? ]

Given the spoiler[bandage he pointedly spied coming out of the person's left sleeve, then the linked imagery to the Sugura chick with the bandage on her left arm, and given all that's happened in the episode with regard to this girl coming out of nowhere and happening to know about Senjougahara's previous problem, and being rivals and friends, and her sudden announcement that she is Araragi's koibito, I really don't get how you can be confused about who attacked him.. Considering the title of the episode is even called Suruga Monkey T.T]

2 parts that made this episode for me were spoiler[the bit where Araragi asks if Senjougahara is now acting a bit like his mum should, and she says she isn't his mum, but his lover right? and then it pans back across and he's on the ground bright red.. I nearly died laughing at that. And of course the pen in the eye scene... he has a rather scary girlfriend (although probably the most awesome female lead I've seen in any anime ever).] The other one is spoiler[right at the end after Aryaryagi (lol) gets the poo kicked out of him, and he's lying there bleeding, Senjougahara comes over with the envelope saying "you forgot this".]

I love everything about this anime; it's just so damn classy. The stereotypes either aren't there or are blatantly made fun of, and I spend most of the episodes either wrapped up in the characters or wrapped up on the ground in stitches. Great entertainment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote
OK, since it's not obvious why I am confused and it's obvious to others who it is, I'll explain why I am confused. spoiler[The hand observation indicates that it's the newcomer, and it makes sense obviously-but why does the show end with Senj (can't spell her name to save the life of me) standing over Araragi giving him the payment he forgot? Is there a magical time warp between the two events, or what? I'm bloody confused. Both of you say it's "obviously" 2 different people, or is my command of the English language and sense of observation just that poor today? ]
Skylark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:29 am Reply with quote
Kirkdawg wrote:
OK, since it's not obvious why I am confused and it's obvious to others who it is, I'll explain why I am confused. spoiler[The hand observation indicates that it's the newcomer, and it makes sense obviously-but why does the show end with Senj (can't spell her name to save the life of me) standing over Araragi giving him the payment he forgot? Is there a magical time warp between the two events, or what? I'm bloody confused. Both of you say it's "obviously" 2 different people, or is my command of the English language and sense of observation just that poor today? ]

It looked to me like spoiler[it was the tomboy chick, and when Senjougahara came to give Araragi the envelope, Sugura saw her there then ran off, and she came over.] I don't think there was a magical time warp lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mike On Top

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:03 am Reply with quote
^ I think some time has passed between the "oddity" that had Araragi beaten up and Senjougahara coming to handle the forgotton payment for Meme.
Curiously, the oddity attacked when Araragi's 'tutoring' hours were over and yet he was again on his way to Senjougahara's place later on. I mean, Suruga, unlike Mayoi, is still human, however her obssession or possession level are quite advanced - the transformation and aggression are distinct and, bah, brutal.

Senjougahara's reaction was a bit strange, though. Yes, certainly Araragi has some potential to survive such gory scene, and yeah, either way he has no choice now but ask Meme for help (and deliver Senjougahara's money while he nonetheless is at it), but ... it was rather a cold reaction for a lover Rolling Eyes
I wonder if Senjougahara would help with this case, because it is related to her unsettled score with people from her past.

Ah, and Tsubasa. She, sort of, becomes more mysterious the more screentime she gets, which is something I appreciate as a character presentation.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:12 am Reply with quote
I don't think any time passed at all, you see Suraga look back before she bolts. The direction she looked back from is where Hitagi came from, I'll say she still has a few mental scars from Hitagi... no wonder she ran.

Also I'm curious to see if Suraga knew about Koyomi's healing abilities... otherwise she would've killed him period with that first punch...
Skylark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote
Mike On Top wrote:
^ I think some time has passed between the "oddity" that had Araragi beaten up and Senjougahara coming to handle the forgotton payment for Meme.

You can discard that possibility right away because his wounds are still open when Senjougahara talked to him, Also, she knows about his healing ability (since he told her) which might explain her rather comical response to a setting which other people would er.. not find funny.
randomanimefan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:36 am Reply with quote
This show is just plain fun. In a horror/dark comedy/drama/whatever kinda way. Very Happy

As a bonus, it's starting to show more depth, although the narrative seemed "episodic" at first. All the important characters are still being developed or revealed at a good pace...when the story starts focusing on Hanekawa, things are bound to get interesting. Maybe I was "immunized" or just not all that annoyed by the spoiler["audio drama"-esque] deal going on at the end of ep 4, but I found the Hanekawa "scene" interesting and probably important for further down the road. Not just because of the info provided for this arc by the resident I-only-know-what-I-know-it-all, but also because spoiler[of the hints about Hanekawa, her situation and her relationship with Araragi, which, I'm hoping, has its own big payoff when the time comes. Araragi's got certain "issues" but he also quietly excels in other categories.]

Hitagi is severely messed up, surely, but at least she can walk the extremely fine line between spoiler[threatening mortal harm and actually carrying it out.] While being scary as heck. Kanbaru, on the other hand...hm.

Another thing...Hitagi's utter nonchalance never ceases to amaze me.

Ep 7 should be a riot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 26