• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eva 2.0 Wins 1st in Animation at Lyon Asian Film Fest

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo:

Well yeah, that kinda put her front and center in a lot of ways. And, uh, everything that happened after that last bit you mentioned.
kenji_salk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Considering it's a movie and it has to tell roughly 10+ episodes of story from the original series, plus introduce new plot points, I think they handled it very well.

To be honest, the way they handled the main character's screentime helped keep the viewer (or at least this one lowly Eva fan) from growing annoyed with some of the more abrasive qualities in the cast (Shinji's passive aggressiveness, Asuka's loud-mouth and pushy attitude, Misato's devil may care drunken tomfoolery etc).

Plus Mari is so outstandingly compelling, I think it is a move that pays off in spades.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
egoist wrote:
I understand that there are a whole bunch of haters out there who didn't even bother to try and understand the anime.

That's right
It's not like the only likable character was a penguin
what
Oh right the only likable character was the penguin.
Ritsuko: Oh Gendo-Sama, I don't quite know what I love more about you. The fact that your incredibly ugly, or the fact that you have a horrible personality.
Gendo: How about we run some children over and find out.

There's one of them. Let's just ignore it. Not. But of course there are no likable characters, damn. Did you even give this anime a second of thought? You know... most characters were showing their true side in depths, so liking that side isn't an easy task. Evangelion not just brought us one of the most in depth anime when it comes to characters, story and plot. But well, never mind that and let's criticize how unlikable the characters are.
_V_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quote
this isn't Eva 1.01....they posted Eva 1.0, passing it off for Eva 1.01, because Eva 1.01 has screen darkness issues that render it unwatchable.

you can tell from the spelling errors in this that would only be in Eva 1.0 - they got fixed by Eva 1.01

go to 6:25 and see the word "EmArgency" on the elevator display, spelled with an "A" - this is proof that this is really Eva 1.0

they're trying to trick us
Xagor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:24 pm Reply with quote
There were some of the background characters like Maya who were likeable...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2