• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote
BAAAAA~KA!

I hope S2 comes sooner rather than later.

(Glad to see Striker Sigma V return)
dgreater1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Baka to Test had me laughing up until the end, I was thinking the end would be some serious debate between the principal but he turned out quite the observant guy and pointed one OBVIOUS thing about forgetting the name in the test that I didn't realize as well. The incest part didn't disturbed me at all because Akihisa kept reminding me how wrong it is in a funny way. Specially his remarks whenever his sister's up to no good. Although, I had to admit that some jokes where overused, it some still made me giggle and laugh out loud.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:03 pm Reply with quote
finally got around to catching up with the current season. Since its been awhile I wanted to rewatch the first season and the two OVAs.

The rewatch was quite pleasant.
The current season is a disappointment.
Five episodes and in all of them the main joke is "The girls get mad and the boys get beaten".

I used to think the worst part of the show were the battles but I'm seriously wishing they'd try battling classes for position again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
UnrestrictedMethod

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Watched the first two episodes and they were quite fun. The whole academic battle thing worried me going in because struck me as a very difficult idea to pull off but they seemed to have done a good job with it. Watching the bottom class struggle to reach the top is engaging even in its comedic setting, particularly because of that scheming guy who's very fun to watch work. In general I love schemes; they're intellectually satisfying and quite thrilling to see put into action. Often they're more fun than action scenes. Not that Baka and Test did the best job of it but it did do a surprisingly good job of it. Also, while it's not a praise of the show itself, the opening is fantastic fun. Only criticism is that there are two girls going after the same guy despite him being a pathetic loser. Hope that plot thread goes away but I’m sure it won't.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Well, those training camp/peeping episodes were dire but the episodes since are pretty good. It's quite refreshing to see a show like this actually deal with the relationships of the show in such an honest and revealing fashion. Real explanations for why Minami likes that idiot, the idiot's true thoughts about Minami, it's not something you'd expect to get from a show like this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:52 am Reply with quote
Plus we have also got some origin to yuuji and Shouko's relationship. Yuuji really was something as a kid, makes the way he is now much better. Rather then their little pervy episodes, the ones with character depth are actually pretty good, strange that I found the Minami episode one of my favorites when it is largely a monolgue.
Eivion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:42 am Reply with quote
I found the more comedy focused episodes rather fun, but I am glad to see them doing some real character work. The episodes were very unexpected, but have given several relationships a lot more depth.
4750G

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:09 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching episode 6 of season 2 and while it's still funny in some aspects, it's starting to annoy me.

Quote:
The current season is a disappointment.
Five episodes and in all of them the main joke is "The girls get mad and the boys get beaten".

I totally agree with this one. What annoys me the most is the fact that Minami and Himeji have no right to be angry - Yoshii's not dating either of them and they both aren't brave enough to confess. At least Shouko has a better excuse for beating up Yuji, spoiler[he did lose to her once and the consequence was to become her boyfriend].
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Haha, Anyone else notice in episode three of season one where spoiler[Yoshii meets up with Himoji and Shimada for crepes about midway through the episode and the fountain in the background is squirting water out of a stone baby's butthole?] Just kinda snuck its way in there and caught me off guard lol
guildmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
Haha, Anyone else notice in episode three of season one where spoiler[Yoshii meets up with Himoji and Shimada for crepes about midway through the episode and the fountain in the background is squirting water out of a stone baby's butthole?] Just kinda snuck its way in there and caught me off guard lol

No, I missed that, but since i have the disc set with me here, i might have to look it up. Seems a bit Benny Hill-esque to me though...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6