• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sengoku Basara Two to Take Fullmetal Alchemist's Slot

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:28 am Reply with quote
FMAvatard wrote:
Who knows? Brotherhood may be given the treatment of the original FMA; a theatrical movie that'll wrap it all up.

Very slim, slim chance, but hey, a fan can hope, right?

Hopefully not.
One of the better series of recent times - Eden of the East - was ruined by the story not being concluded in TV series format, but with movies. And may I say the first movie was crap compared to the series, but that's a completely different subject.
Fingers crossed they just wrap it up as it started - in TV format.
LordX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:33 pm Reply with quote
fuzaco wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
There have been many rumors/hints floating for a while now that the FMA manga was going to end around 110. It does looked rushed, but hopefully they can conjure up an interesting yet solid finale.

Even 110 would make more sense than 108; that's half a volume's difference. It could easily be concluded in 4 chapters, I'm not so sure about 2. Plus, BONES needs time to write and animate episodes in advance... I'm not sure how this is supposed to work. How far is Brotherhood along in the manga at this point? I quit watching way back after they utterly botched volume 15.

In the latest episode, spoiler[Pride absorbed Kimblee, the Armstrongs fighted Sloth, and Mustang arrived at the entrace of Father's hideout where Ed and the others were fighting the homonculus-dolls.]

Oh, and I heard that the mangaka already gave BONES the scripts, and they're working on the last three episodes.

Some scenes in the openings hint that Bones knows a bit more than we think.

From latest opening which came out before latest chapter of the manga: http://i44.tinypic.com/28reakz.jpg

From latest chapter of the manga: http://i41.tinypic.com/2ypchsl.jpg

Also, from op 3, this scene is quite familiar now as someone pointed in another forum: http://i39.tinypic.com/11qtjf5.jpg
Brass2TheMax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:40 pm Reply with quote
FMAvatard wrote:
Who knows? Brotherhood may be given the treatment of the original FMA; a theatrical movie that'll wrap it all up.

Very slim, slim chance, but hey, a fan can hope, right?

I doubt there will be enough material left when the anime ends to justify a feature-length film.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Bones is already working on the end of Brotherhood. Nobody needs to be worried that it will catch up to the manga and bypass it.

I wouldn't mind a theatrical feature on the Ishbal war, though. They really screwed up that flashback. Volume 15 of the manga deserves a full-length movie. Call it "Ashes of Ishbal".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:20 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I wouldn't mind a theatrical feature on the Ishbal war, though. They really screwed up that flashback. Volume 15 of the manga deserves a full-length movie. Call it "Ashes of Ishbal".

Agreed. That was sort of a last straw for me. The earlier problems I'd had with it were relatively minor and outweighed by a lot of the positives. And then they turned one of the most powerful volumes in a long-running shounen series of all time into a lone, abbreviated dramaless episode. That should have had two or three episodes at least.

Weird, isn't it? I think that the "closer" something adheres to the original, the more I notice the little differences and the more they bother me. Re-watching the first half of the original recently didn't bug me half as much (though the several irrelevant filler episodes did).
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:11 am Reply with quote
Sad sad news IMO. Sad First Inuyasha kanketsu-hen and now Brotherhood goes down, so much for nostalgia~ Sad
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Whoawhoawhoa wait a second, wait a second. How in the HECK have they managed to cram all of those volumes into that few episodes? I thought they were going to hew a bit closer to the source material this time around!
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Whoawhoawhoa wait a second, wait a second. How in the HECK have they managed to cram all of those volumes into that few episodes? I thought they were going to hew a bit closer to the source material this time around!

Other than the botch job they did on volume 15 they have pretty much followed the manga completely! We have already reached "the promised day" in the anime, so provided the manga finishes up in the next two months, Bones will have followed it almost perfectly.
murasak1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:44 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
neosupersonic wrote:
Also, there is the slim chance that FMA could be changing timeslots....
It's not. It is confirmed that the TV series is ending at ~63. They may have an extra OAD episode or episode with the final DVD.

says in hagaren.jp that it is changing time slot starting May. It moves from 5 pm to 5:30 pm
stevegretzky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:25 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
There have been many rumors/hints floating for a while now that the FMA manga was going to end around 110. It does looked rushed, but hopefully they can conjure up an interesting yet solid finale.

Even 110 would make more sense than 108; that's half a volume's difference. It could easily be concluded in 4 chapters, I'm not so sure about 2. Plus, BONES needs time to write and animate episodes in advance... I'm not sure how this is supposed to work. How far is Brotherhood along in the manga at this point? I quit watching way back after they utterly botched volume 15.

Registered just so I could respond to this.

108 chapters = 1 chapter per month for exactly 9 years.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:17 am Reply with quote
stevegretzky wrote:
Registered just so I could respond to this.

108 chapters = 1 chapter per month for exactly 9 years.

108 is a symbolic number, you know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2