• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime tattoos?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inslaveree

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quote
Anyone else have anime tattoos?

Here's a link to my Samurai X: Reflections tattoo on my left and right wrist (combined to make both faces). Above that is a Hook Ups skateboard company logo, Devilman.

Post ur links if u got pics. Smile

ShadowTrader

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quote
I bow to your hardcore balls to the wall anime lifestyle!
But how do you ever plan on working outside of that McDonalds?
Brand

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quote
ShadowTrader wrote:
I bow to your hardcore balls to the wall anime lifestyle!
But how do you ever plan on working outside of that McDonalds?

By wearing a long sleeved shirt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
inslaveree

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quote
lol, thats my tattoo shop actually.

Yep, long sleeve button down shirts.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote
Does MacDonald's allow visible tattoos? I know Tim Horton's (Canadian fast food/coffee shop) doesn't.

Anyway, I have an anime inspired tattoo, featuring the demon/angel wing pair from X. It's not really done as a fan thing, more I already had the idea to get a pair of wings and then X gave me the idea for what type to get.

inslaveree

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote
That's awesome, at first glance u don't see the differing sides.

(I've seen some pretty gnarly prison tattoo'd people at mcdonalds, but no. I don't work at McD's)
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:04 pm Reply with quote
inslaveree wrote:

damn you're all the way in Iowa! I'll be getting a tattoo when I turn 18, but it's of my own design and is my astrological sign, a sagittarius, and pretty much inconspicuous (there is NO way I'm getting a tramp stamp).

The ones of Kenshin and Kaoru on your arms are gorgeous.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Way to show your love for Anime,inslaveree and marie-antoinette.Inspired or not,I aplaud your followthrough.I change my mind to often to get anything inked.I have tons of hook-ups here in Vegas,though.If I got anything done first it would be the bondage fairies.
inslaveree

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quote
rainbowcourage wrote:
inslaveree wrote:

damn you're all the way in Iowa! I'll be getting a tattoo when I turn 18, but it's of my own design and is my astrological sign, a sagittarius, and pretty much inconspicuous (there is NO way I'm getting a tramp stamp).

The ones of Kenshin and Kaoru on your arms are gorgeous.

Thanks! I joked with my artist that I wanted the CD End tattooed in the middle to tell everyone what it was Razz

Come on people! Don't be shy! upload those pics!
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Way to show your love for Anime,inslaveree and marie-antoinette.Inspired or not,I aplaud your followthrough.I change my mind to often to get anything inked.I have tons of hook-ups here in Vegas,though.If I got anything done first it would be the bondage fairies.

Yeah, I told myself that before I got a tattoo I had to pick and like the same design for at least a year. Which I obviously did, eventually (though it was a few years past that all-important 18th birthday).

I'm also planning to get another tattoo inspired by a manga. There's a quote in Imadoki! by Watase Yuu that I just love "a cherry blossum is a cherry blossum, and plum blossum is a plum blossum. They are both different, but beautiful. Everything blooms according to it's nature" (or something close to that, I don't feel like pulling it out and being exact). I think it's a really lovely way of expressing acceptance and so I'm hoping to get something off it when I have the money to do so.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I've often thought about getting a tattoo when I'm older and I've settled on something I know I want to keep. I want to get the kanji for 'box' on my left shoulder; somewhere where I can show it off if I'm wearing a tank top or something, but I can cover it easily for formal situations.

As far as anime tattoos go, I want the cyberbrain ports from GitS tattooed on the back of my neck Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rika-chama

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I don't think I'm nerdy enough to get an anime tattoo Razz If I would get one though it would be of the rose symbol used in utena on my back. That would be awesome
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
In the making. I don't know much about tattoos. Im in the process of dieting (the eel says otherwise) and I don't want it to shrink or strech.

But as of now, I'm getting the Sauske mark- the one Ochimaru gave him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Going above and beyond the call of duty...for the sake of your passion for anime. Much credit is due to inslaveree, as I've never seen anything like that before; I would be astounded if I were to come across someone whom used their body parts as a tribute to anime.

Truly, with fans such as you, there is no way the industry could ever come to a stop. As it was said before, it takes a bit of nerve (or fandom, whatever you'd like to call it) to do this. I would be interested in seeing other anime inspired tattoos-please post them if you have one.
jetz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quote
Wow, those are really cool tattoos! I'd get one if I wasn't so scared Laughing If I'm able to gather enough courage, I'd probably get one like Nana Oosaki's (the lotus flower).

I really like your tattoos, marie-antoinette. Do people ask you about your tattoos?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8