• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oreimo (TV) - both seasons and ONAs.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:18 pm Reply with quote
As a fan of the series I just see no upside in the ending. Where it ended up I can summarize as follows:

Kyosuke Kosaka has a badly damaged relationship with his imouto who has come to have a very low opinion of him. Through 25 episodes he puts in heartfelt, sincere, and devoted effort into improving and repairing things and ends up making a wonderfully positive impact on not only his sister's life but his own. At the end, he finally manages to prove he is the total asshole she first thought he was. The end.

I'm not one to insist on a happy ending. But this rubs me the wrong way.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Laughing I think this summary all hinges on your personal definition of "total asshole", I suppose!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
I was somewhat Ok with him spoiler[rejecting Ruri] since he seemed like he was seriousspoiler[ about Kirino]. Thought he was a complete and total moron for doing so, but it happens. Then the ending happened, and now I cant stop thinking spoiler[Ruri] got totally screwed over and her heart torn to shreds simply for shits and giggles.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Why do so many people want it to spoiler[go further down the route it chose, they stopped right before they totally ruined their lives], which is actually win in a few ways. It is like they turned their spoiler[lives into game so that they could show how much they cared about each other without some of the things Manami said happening].

What I want to know is what spoiler[happens next, and that is without all the "rumours" that they continued on], which rejects what they did in terms of spoiler[their decision for a time limit]. As it left spoiler[their lives as somewhat salvageable, but left on a not quite happy] ending. They could have even have easily fixed his spoiler[relationship with his beloved kouhai] easily, but didn't.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Why do so many people want it to spoiler[go further down the route it chose, they stopped right before they totally ruined their lives], which is actually win in a few ways. .

I think it is because he ruined all of his chances with the other girls, only for a spoiler[3 year relationship with Kirino, where all they did was go on dates and had 1 kiss.] Since a lot of people's favorite girls lost, they wanted a good reason for it. The end was basically a slap to the face for every spoiler[non-Kirino fan].
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote
Maybe I am lying to myself, but I see the last bit spoiler[mean that he can get with the other girls]. The only question is whether the other spoiler[girls would take him back if he explained himself].

I am partially imagining my own ending set after the series that could plausibly get what I wanted, and not be farfetched. My own delusional "true ending".
Nayu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Why do so many people want it to spoiler[go further down the route it chose, they stopped right before they totally ruined their lives], which is actually win in a few ways. .

I think it is because he ruined all of his chances with the other girls, only for a spoiler[3 year relationship with Kirino, where all they did was go on dates and had 1 kiss.] Since a lot of people's favorite girls lost, they wanted a good reason for it. The end was basically a slap to the face for every spoiler[non-Kirino fan].

Correction: spoiler[Less than one year relationship. Months even. They were third years in their respective schools.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Maybe I am lying to myself, but I see the last bit spoiler[mean that he can get with the other girls]. The only question is whether the other spoiler[girls would take him back if he explained himself].

I am partially imagining my own ending set after the series that could plausibly get what I wanted, and not be farfetched. My own delusional "true ending".

Yeah I don't see that happening. That girl would have zero self-respect, if she actually gave him another chance.

Nayu wrote:

Correction: spoiler[Less than one year relationship. Months even. They were third years in their respective schools.]

Oh I thought they would keep the spoiler[relationship till Kirino graduated high school. If what you say is true, then the ending is much worse than I thought.]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:53 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

Yeah I don't see that happening. That girl would have zero self-respect, if she actually gave him another chance.

This. I can't even imagine watching such conversation and not getting insanely pissed

spoiler[Kyousuke: So yeah, I actually love my imouto but since our love is forbidden by society I'll have to make do with you so yea?

Girl: Of course!! Being the consolation prize/ second-hand dish is so [expletive] romantic!]

I didn't watch the second season -the first one bored me-, but from what I've read about the ending, I can't believe it's so stupid. spoiler[Rejecting all the other girls to be with Kirino, who he allegedly loves, for a couple of months, then break it off because "our love was not meant to be"? If you're going to do the incest route, have the balls to take it to its furthest consequences] damn it
Nayu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:55 am Reply with quote
Correction: spoiler[He didn't reject all the girls. There is one left. Saori. That ship actually still has some water.]
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

This is what the author wanted to do pure and simple. I still disagree with @VORTIA that they had sexual tensions in the first light novel. It was just brother trying to help out his estranged sister, keep in mind authors minds do change over the course a series.

Listen folks don't believe for minute i'm not upset because I am, but it's over, O-V-E-R! If you truly want a different ending get a psp. Mod the damn device download and apply the partial patch to the iso with kuroneko's route done. I don't know what else to tell everyone, info about the game and the translation group.

http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.org/2011/11/interview-ore-no-imouto-game-sequel-with-fushimi-tsukasa-the-author/

http://notcliche.com/ziddy/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:52 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

This. I can't even imagine watching such conversation and not getting insanely pissed

spoiler[Kyousuke: So yeah, I actually love my imouto but since our love is forbidden by society I'll have to make do with you so yea?

Girl: Of course!! Being the consolation prize/ second-hand dish is so [expletive] romantic!]

Lol I imagined Ayase saying that line.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:11 am Reply with quote
Still don't like incest....but the show was a fun ride.
The emotional scenes make it stand out for me.
Poor Kuroneko though. Sad
Noctis313

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:46 am Reply with quote
how the kirino route ends in the game?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote
Noctis313 wrote:
how the kirino route ends in the game?

well I can spoil it for you if want me to.

spoiler[It turns out they are first cousins instead of blood related brother sister do get permission to get married from their parents and have kids x amount of years later.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 54 of 56