• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How much are you willing to pay for meeting with your favorite seiyuu?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much are you willing to pay for meeting with your favorite seiyuu?
Nah; only if s/he's coming to an event I've already planned to attend.
61%
 61%  [ 13 ]
Under US$20
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
US$20-50
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
US$50-100
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
US$100-200
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
US$200-500
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
More than US$500
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote
Jun Fukuyama is coming to Taipei on Jan. 1, 2013, but all tickets were sold out in just 7 minutes. A young man is now willing to buy two NT$1,200 (US$41.27) front seat tickets for his girlfriend (who's a huge fan of Fukuyama) and himself with:

- NT$4,000 (US$137.55) in cash, plus
- A Nintendo 3DS with accessories, along with the game Ghost Camera, plus
- A Fender Stratocaster (year and made not specified though)

I made a quick search, and a brand-new, made-in-USA Stratocaster is at least NT$40,000; made-in-Mexico models are cheaper but still ~NT$20,000. Even take the used factor into account, I'd say the guy is spending well over US$500 for two tickets.

So how much are you willing to pay?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
That's a hard question to answer without specifics. Is the meeting just a simple handshake and a few seconds to say "Rie! I love you!!!" or is it a semi-private dinner/meeting for a few hours and casual conversation?

The former wouldn't draw a penny from my bank account, but I could easily see myself paying $500+ for a casual meeting with Rie just so I can say "I had dinner and a chat with Rie!"

Okay, not really, because to be honest, I'd find the whole thing very uncomfortable. I know very little about Japanese culture in a casual setting and I sure wouldn't bring what I've learned from anime to this opportunity.

With this, I could only see myself sitting quietly, terrified I may do something which would be deemed offensive. I know some people will try to break the ice, language barrier wise, by learning some very small phrases like "Hi. Pleased to meet you.", but I've heard myself speak Japanese and I will not be responsible for WWIII, thank you very much.

Citing all this, I could see $50-$100 for a quick "hello" and an autograph coming out of my wallet without a single thought to it.

I'm not so much interested in her as I am listening to her. Sounds shallow, but damn, do I just love that girl's voice, especially in tsundere mode.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:42 am Reply with quote
I came out lucky these last couple of conventions. I got to meet Eric Vale who played America and Canada from Hetalia at Eville-con 2012, and got to meet Ricki Simmons the VA that played Gir from Invader Zim, Greg Ayres who voiced the Kaoru Hitachiin from Ouran. So I think I'll just stick to the local conventions and see who they can get for their conventions before going crazy. Although I really wanna meet Steve Blum since he did play Spike Siegal and Onizuka from GTO.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1