• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amnesia (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote

Amnesia (TV)

Genres: adventure, drama, mystery, romance
Themes: amnesia, bishounen, Male harem, parallel universe

Plot Summary: The heroine wakes up on the morning of August 1 and discovers she has absolutely no memories of the past. A boy appears before her, and he introduces himself as a "spirit" named Orion. The heroine struggles to regain her memories under the guidance of Orion. She then gets a phone call, but she does not recognize the name on her mobile phone screen. She meets her apparent "boyfriend," despite not knowing his face.
----------------------------------

Episode 1
The first episode was okay imo but not too exciting. There's definitely something strange going on though as spoiler[Heroine has some strange scenes being underwater and the ending scene with her seemingly remembering something.]

I liked most of the characters' designs though with their eyes and clothing. Orion looks kinda funny with those ears of this. Otherwise, I do expect romance to be in progress later on based on both the OP and ED songs (especially ED song).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rhyono

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen this yet, but I had a flashback to Dusk Maiden; apparently amnesia is currently a popular topic?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:39 pm Reply with quote
The characters are really nice. I like the looks and style.
spoiler[A girl with a sudden amnesia story. A spirit called Orion.
Looks like she'll have to play some memory hunting games.
This is totally a shoujo anime with a standard troubled heroine.
I'm expecting a stretched story with hot & cool guys.
The spirit thing could make things more interesting when the story evolves.
Just like in any shoujo anime, the development of the story is really slow.]

I'll give this a few more episodes just 'cause I like the characters.
Noctis313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
The first thing that came to my mind when i was watching was kingdom hearts; the characters looked very similar.
I kinda liked first episode, even without understanding much...
lets see if amnesia will have as content as it has style
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote
dont know what to think of it right now. everyone's eyes are really weird and it's really distracting
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
I like the animation and even like the OP and ED and the concept is at least interesting. I mean, at least there's a legit reason that the heroine doesn't have a personality. I'm on board for the time being.
rheiders

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I love the look of this series, and I like the characters so far (with the exception of the Heroine...Does she even count as a character at this point? xD). I especially like the blue guy and the green guy. The concept is interesting, and I thought the episode built up a good mysterious and slightly threatening atmosphere. I'll keep watching to see where it goes, though I hope the Heroine becomes less of a blank slate eventually (not getting my hopes up). I mean, seriously? She doesn't even get a name??? xD
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
As of episode 2 I'm this close to dropping the show, mostly because Orion is the most annoying narration ever. He's just incessantly spoiler[driving the girl to paranoia and terror what with telling her "Hey, that person [who by the way is your friend] is staring at you. Maybe he's suspicious, RUN!"] spoiler[*Girl falls down a cliff for running*]. I really hope he's spoiler[gone for good] because really, I don't need to be told what I already watched spoiler["Oh! Look! GuyA called GuyB in a funny way! Maybe that's his real name! Maybe it's a nickname! Who knows? It's weird!"]. The scene after the ending was at least interesting and well, I'm not too hopeful, but I'll keep watching because I really like the art style with the funky eyes
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
Still a lot of mysteries going on regarding Heroine's memories and apparently even more so considering spoiler[Shin and Ukyou]. To me, Ukyou might be an antagonist of the story based on his expressions.spoiler[ O, and that kiss at the end came unexpected if you ask me.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rheiders

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Their clothes just get more and more baffling the longer I look at them! What's with the Kingdom Hearts-style asymmetry anyway? xD

I really hope spoiler[Orion] is gone for good. I'm sick of his stupid narration! The episodes would only be half as long without him repeating everything that is very obviously occurring on the screen at any given time.

Still, I'm interested to know more about what's up with spoiler[Shin and Kento]. I wonder if green-haired guy is involved with spoiler[that memory of Kento and Heroine at the festival]? He seems to be the obvious villain, so I wonder if he doctored her memories or something.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Or, she's spoiler[seeing the future]! Or spoiler[alternate timelines]. Or something. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Orion doesn't actually know what he's talking about.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:31 am Reply with quote
What's with the Orion hate!? D:
He's the cutest character and he brings light-hearted moments to a show that definitely needs some!
Plus he's the only one Heroine is comfortable with and they like being around each other. Right now he's her only friend and guide. Take him away and she's really going to freak out.

Quote:
everyone's eyes are really weird and it's really distracting

I think their eyes are gorgeous....*w*

It's the CLOTHES that bother me. Anime hyper Though...some of them have a J-rock look to them...(the guys)

The girls' clothes are fine. Even cute.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Quote:
everyone's eyes are really weird and it's really distracting

I think their eyes are gorgeous....*w*

well, that's one way to put it
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:37 am Reply with quote
I'm a fan of two-tones and gradients. Anime hyper I practically eye-gasmed while watching Itsuka Tenma No Kuro Usagi because of Himea's hair. Anime hyper
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quote
There's a decent mystery lying at the bottom of all of this, and I want to find out what's going on. But Amnesia is so insipid and uninspired that I find watching it to be intolerable. When the best part of the show are the maid uniforms*, I think it's time to move on.

I have to admit they are quite cute and represent an attractive fusion of traditional Japanese clothing and the Western maid outfits.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 16