• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Naruto, Bleach, Tensai Bakabon Cameras for Sale

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh God. Why?
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I agree Jaymie, this idea is pretty dumb. Maybe we can take it as a sign the anime industry is doing alright if they can waste money on stuff like this. In Japan, anyways.
Nerv1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
Oh God. Why?

Money is the main reason for this and that people will not think of using photoshop as well.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Photoshop? I can do that in paint!
slickwolfie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Man, everyone is always so negative. I love the idea. Kids will love these cameras, parents will pay good money for them, the anime and camera industries will make money, everything is all good.
Slick
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quote
If it was just the software gimmick, I'd dismiss this, too, but the camera itself has some physical customization, so there's some decent merit.
Nephtis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:35 am Reply with quote
Young kids probably can't do that in Photoshop though, and I can see it working in Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gartholamundi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:28 am Reply with quote
slickwolfie wrote:
Man, everyone is always so negative. I love the idea. Kids will love these cameras, parents will pay good money for them, the anime and camera industries will make money, everything is all good.
Slick

true on all points ...

too bad there's not more detail about the stock images (how many pics of Ultraman would i ... er, someone ... get to choose from?), and it would be extra cool if you could upload more image-overlays.

its crazy expensive (though it is a 12-megapixel camera) but seems outrageously fun.
jcaliff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I have an old 110 film camera that puts a picture of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle in the corner of every picture, so this isn't exactly a new idea...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Casio Taiwan has licensed the Naruto Shippūden: The Lost Tower version. At the same time, Casio Japan has released The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and Strike Witches 2 editions. Methinks having photo with glasses-less Yuki Nagato or members of the 501st Joint Fighter Wing would be much more attractive than with a teenage ninja boy always yelling "dattebayo!" Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1